Cops Patiently Wait For Excuse To Execute Man

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
11-12-2015, 07:56 PM
RE: Cops Patiently Wait For Excuse To Execute Man
(11-12-2015 11:26 AM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  While the OP video is disturbing...this is in my opinion is worse...

http://www.ktvu.com/news/55611577-story

Dude had a knife.

At least 7 cops and the amount of times they shot dude...

It's a teeny bit over the top. It's like one fired and everyone did. But here's what I don't understand...the guy had a knife. I get the fact cops have a rough job...I do. I appreciate first responders...But this is exactly the kind of shit that shouldn't happen like ever...

That's fucked up. Can't really tell while they suddenly all started shooting, though, but that's fucked up.

Here's another fucked up story: last February a cop in central PA pulls some guy over. For whatever reason, the guy gets out of the car and runs. Cop chases him, pulls her taser out, and lights the guy up. Guy goes down as she applies the juice. He's now on the ground and she is screaming at him to put out his hands and not to move, all the while feeding juice into the taser. So, the guy is getting shocked and of course he's moving. And, she's screaming at him all the while. His hands are out and he's trying to give up and she just keeps screaming at him. Finally, she pulls her firearm and shoots the guy in the back, killing him. She claims that he was reaching inside his jacket and she thought he was going for a weapon. She was acquitted in the last couple of weeks.

She had a body camera on and the whole thing was caught on video (below). Watch and judge for yourself. To my eyes, very early in the encounter he moves his hand but after she juices him he has his hands out. How that was not murder is beyond me. It looked to me like she shot him in cold blood.

Shackle their minds when they're bent on the cross
When ignorance reigns, life is lost
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 3 users Like BnW's post
11-12-2015, 09:46 PM
The DAs are as bad as the fucking cops when it comes to shit like that.

Atheism is NOT a Religion. It's A Personal Relationship With Reality!
12-12-2015, 07:00 AM
(11-12-2015 09:46 PM)Minimalist Wrote:  The DAs are as bad as the fucking cops when it comes to shit like that.

I'm not sure what that means, exactly.

That said, I think there is an issue when the local DA has to investigate and determine if they are going to prosecute a cop. The DAs and police work closely together. It's tough for the prosecutors to have an arm's length relationship where the DA is objective as to the outcome and the facts. It's not impossible, but it's difficult. And, when a DA decides to not prosecute or fails to get an indictment, there is always going to be that air of suspicion about it. That was part of the problem in the Eric Garner and Michael Brown case. The Eric Garner situation is especially egregious because the state refuses to make public any of the grand jury testimony. The whole thing looks extremely suspicious, like the fix was in before the grand jury was even seated.

One change I'd like to see is there be an independent prosecutor assigned to any case that involves a police officer. I think that would go a long way towards resolving some of the distrust in the process. I also think it would take away some of the biases. I thought the officer in the Michael Brown case should have been indicted but I sort of get why he wasn't. I think getting a conviction there was going to be nearly impossible. But, Eric Garner? How did they not get an indictment there?

And, on the other side of the spectrum, you have this cop in Oklahoma City who was sexually assaulting black women, mostly targeting women who were poor and had been arrested for drugs or prostitution. That guy they went after with a vengeance. When they first convened the jury there were a lot of protests that the jury was all white. The local black community said that an all white jury wouldn't care about justice for poor black women, many of whom had criminal records for minor stuff. They were wrong, though as the jury convicted and recommended the cop get over 200 years in jail.

Here's a link if you're not familiar with the Oklahoma story. This guy is never getting out. I read yesterday he's on suicide watch. Sometimes justice served.

[+] 2 users Like BnW's post
12-12-2015, 07:34 AM
And you have this. Man with a shotgun who crashed his car into a barricade at Arkansas University was taken into custody without a single shot fired after an hour standoff.

"If you keep trying to better yourself that's enough for me. We don't decide which hand we are dealt in life, but we make the decision to play it or fold it" - Nishi Karano Kaze
12-12-2015, 07:45 AM
(12-12-2015 07:34 AM)JDog554 Wrote:  And you have this. Man with a shotgun who crashed his car into a barricade at Arkansas University was taken into custody without a single shot fired after an hour standoff.

Too bad they didn't open fire. A propane explosion would have made for a neat video.

'Murican Canadian
12-12-2015, 07:51 AM
(12-12-2015 07:34 AM)JDog554 Wrote:  And you have this. Man with a shotgun who crashed his car into a barricade at Arkansas University was taken into custody without a single shot fired after an hour standoff.

Well, that`s a good example that it is not necessary to shoot a suspect even when he is armed.

. . . ................................ ......................................... . [Image: 2dsmnow.gif] Eat at Joe's
[+] 1 user Likes Slowminded's post
12-12-2015, 07:57 AM
(12-12-2015 07:51 AM)Slowminded Wrote:  

Well, that`s a good example that it is not necessary to shoot a suspect even when he is armed.

Also good evidence that not all cops are bad and undertrained and suck at their job like some people tend to believe.

"If you keep trying to better yourself that's enough for me. We don't decide which hand we are dealt in life, but we make the decision to play it or fold it" - Nishi Karano Kaze
12-12-2015, 07:58 AM
(11-12-2015 07:56 PM)BnW Wrote:  
(11-12-2015 11:26 AM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  While the OP video is disturbing...this is in my opinion is worse...

http://www.ktvu.com/news/55611577-story

Dude had a knife.

At least 7 cops and the amount of times they shot dude...

It's a teeny bit over the top. It's like one fired and everyone did. But here's what I don't understand...the guy had a knife. I get the fact cops have a rough job...I do. I appreciate first responders...But this is exactly the kind of shit that shouldn't happen like ever...

That's fucked up. Can't really tell while they suddenly all started shooting, though, but that's fucked up.

Here's another fucked up story: last February a cop in central PA pulls some guy over. For whatever reason, the guy gets out of the car and runs. Cop chases him, pulls her taser out, and lights the guy up. Guy goes down as she applies the juice. He's now on the ground and she is screaming at him to put out his hands and not to move, all the while feeding juice into the taser. So, the guy is getting shocked and of course he's moving. And, she's screaming at him all the while. His hands are out and he's trying to give up and she just keeps screaming at him. Finally, she pulls her firearm and shoots the guy in the back, killing him. She claims that he was reaching inside his jacket and she thought he was going for a weapon. She was acquitted in the last couple of weeks.

She had a body camera on and the whole thing was caught on video (below). Watch and judge for yourself. To my eyes, very early in the encounter he moves his hand but after she juices him he has his hands out. How that was not murder is beyond me. It looked to me like she shot him in cold blood.

Vile people will do vile things if given power. That's not what gets me. What gets me is that this evil cunt was found not guilty. Fucking incompetant jury.
12-12-2015, 08:24 AM
(12-12-2015 07:58 AM)Gilgamesh Wrote:  Vile people will do vile things if given power. That's not what gets me. What gets me is that this evil cunt was found not guilty. Fucking incompetant jury.

I think "evil cunt" is a bit strong. When I watch that video, I don't see an evil person. I see someone who is terrified and is in way over her head. That's not a justification for what she did and, based on that video, she sure looks guilty to me. But, seeing as how she's been acquitted, if I ran that police force she would be out of a job because the person in that video had no business being a police officer.

[+] 3 users Like BnW's post
12-12-2015, 08:48 AM
(12-12-2015 08:24 AM)BnW Wrote:  
(12-12-2015 07:58 AM)Gilgamesh Wrote:  Vile people will do vile things if given power. That's not what gets me. What gets me is that this evil cunt was found not guilty. Fucking incompetant jury.

I think "evil cunt" is a bit strong. When I watch that video, I don't see an evil person. I see someone who is terrified and is in way over her head. That's not a justification for what she did and, based on that video, she sure looks guilty to me. But, seeing as how she's been acquitted, if I ran that police force she would be out of a job because the person in that video had no business being a police officer.

That was the impression I got. Someone so completely consumed by panic that they had pretty much lost control. A typical case of the amygdala executing its veto power over the neocortex in the midst of a fight or flight response.

'Murican Canadian