Cops Patiently Wait For Excuse To Execute Man

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
12-12-2015, 10:59 PM
RE: Cops Patiently Wait For Excuse To Execute Man
(12-12-2015 10:47 PM)morondog Wrote:  
(12-12-2015 05:03 PM)Matt Finney Wrote:  Also, I'm not saying that there aren't murdering cops. I'm just saying that if you want to increase your chances of not being shot by cops, then surrender. Sure, they still might kill you, but as far as I can tell, your chances of survival will increase if you surrender.

That's not exactly an inspiring sort of confindence inducing statement like "protect and serve". Dodgy

It doesn't specify who. And he did get served Tongue

And yes I know I have a bad sense of humor. I sincerely apologize. Goodevil

'Murican Canadian
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like yakherder's post
12-12-2015, 11:22 PM
(12-12-2015 07:57 AM)JDog554 Wrote:  
(12-12-2015 07:51 AM)Slowminded Wrote:  Well, that`s a good example that it is not necessary to shoot a suspect even when he is armed.

Also good evidence that not all cops are bad and undertrained and suck at their job like some people tend to believe.

Of course not 'all cops' are the problem. But on the whole, 29 weeks of training is underwhelming in comparison to the 3 years of training in countries like the UK and Germany. When our under-trained cops are also getting military grade hand-me-downs like assault rifles, body armor, and motherfuckin' tanks? When deescalation training is undervalued, when 'shot first ask questions later' is empathized instead? When the same under-trained cops are always given the benefit of the doubt, when their word is taken over that of other people, when they're protected instead of being held accountable?

We've created an environment that enables abuse of power, that generates and allows contempt for and abuse of the citizenry they're supposed to be protecting, that values profiling and getting X amount citations or 'perps' over just doing what's right.

The system itself is broken, much like the Catholic priesthood. But unlike the Roman Catholic Church, police are public servants and should be held accountable to the same public they're sworn to protect and serve. They are not above the law, and the growing body of evidence demonstrating that so many of them appear to think otherwise, points to a fundamental and systemic problem. Fortunately the first step to fixing a problem is identifying it, and the age of the smart phone has documented a problem in dire need of a solution.

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes EvolutionKills's post
12-12-2015, 11:26 PM
Presumably the reason your cops get shorter training is lack of manpower? Why is there a lack?

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
12-12-2015, 11:39 PM
(12-12-2015 11:26 PM)morondog Wrote:  Presumably the reason your cops get shorter training is lack of manpower? Why is there a lack?

It's the money Lebowski.

They're public servants, and like most public spending, their budgets have been shrinking (as the tax-burden get further offloaded from those who can afford to pay onto those who cannot but already do). When you hear stories of police departments having citation quotas as a means to maintain their budget? Bookend that with other departments getting military hardware handed out like candy, up to and including tracked armored personnel carriers? You can't help but wonder what kind of damage mismanagement and under-funding can do when combined with trying to fix the problem by just throwing used military hardware at it (which is great for the defense industry, who just builds more on the tax-payer's dime).

No department should have quotas, as the very concept flies in the face of justice; let alone ones put in place to maintain a budget.

13-12-2015, 02:02 AM
So they got money for hardware but not for training? Seems a bit backwards.

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
13-12-2015, 02:35 AM
(13-12-2015 02:02 AM)morondog Wrote:  So they got money for hardware but not for training? Seems a bit backwards.

Money for hardware goes into the hands of the multi-billion dollar defense industry, comprised of everyone from Lockheed Martin to General Electric and the entire board of the National Rifle Association. They have an army of lobbyists at their beck and call to keep enough of Congress on a short enough leash. Plus, new hardware is sexy, it feeds into our consumerism and gun-culture fetishism. Actually making people better isn't obvious from the outside, but sitting inside a tank is pretty hard to miss.

We're getting cops more guns, and bigger guns, but without the needed training so that they know how NOT to use them (i.e. deescalating a situation instead of shooting at the first sign of any danger).

13-12-2015, 05:30 AM

'Murican Canadian
13-12-2015, 05:56 AM
(13-12-2015 05:30 AM)yakherder Wrote:  

[Image: 20cad83ad8d757191e2878b0f4bf05a9.png]