Corporal Punishment

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
26-11-2013, 10:46 PM
RE: Corporal Punishment
(25-11-2013 08:56 AM)Likos02 Wrote:  How do you plan on fixing violent criminals without harsh punishment? Prison time is NOT a harsh punishment...it's free medical care, free food, and a free hot bed.

I'm afraid you have not seen what real hard time in the US is. Go check out the Louisiana State Penitentary at Angola or Parchman Farm in Mississippi or California's Pelican Bay or USPs Marion, Leavenworth, or the Supermax in Florence, CO. Some of these places have been described as "a sanitized version of hell". Even minimum security prisons for petty white collar offenders are a spartan and rough affair; it is supposed to be a punishment after all so you can forget the 'Club Fed' bullshit about prisoners eating filet mignon and getting conjugical visits, etc. No, hard time is hard time and it should be.

"IN THRUST WE TRUST"

"We were conservative Jews and that meant we obeyed God's Commandments until His rules became a royal pain in the ass."

- Joel Chastnoff, The 188th Crybaby Brigade
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
27-11-2013, 12:41 PM
Oh please...the few prisons that actually do have "Hard time" are being slammed with human Rights violations faster than you can say "they're criminals". Look at Sherrif Arpaio's jails......from Wiki:

Arpaio's practices include serving inmates surplus food and limiting meals to twice daily. He has also banned inmates from possessing "sexually explicit material" including Playboy magazine after female officers complained that inmates openly masturbated while viewing them or harassed the officers by comparing their anatomy to that of the nude models in the publications. The ban was challenged on First Amendment grounds but upheld by the United States Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit.

In February 2007, Arpaio instituted an in-house radio station he calls KJOE. Arpaio's radio station broadcasts classical music, opera, Frank Sinatra hits, patriotic music and educational programming. It operates from the basement of the county jail for five days a week, four hours each day.

In an ongoing case, federal judge Neil V. Wake ruled in 2008 and 2010 that the Maricopa County jails violated the constitutional rights of inmates in medical and other care related issues.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Joe_Arpaio

So tell me again how hard time is so hard. it's the adult equivalent of Time out. Just because a few (and by a few I mean less than 10) prison have a rough time does not make it a "Harsh" punishment. It's Time out, plain and simple. And when it's not, their "Rights" are being violated. what horseshit.

Shock And Awe Tactics-- The "application of massive or overwhelming force" to "disarm, incapacitate, or render the enemy impotent with as few casualties to ourselves and to noncombatants as possible"
02-12-2013, 01:21 AM
I've been to Singapore and have never felt safer in my life. Singapore employs extensive corporal punishment. Whether that's the reason for their low crime rates I'm not sure. It could be the culture.