Corporations and politics

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
24-06-2016, 08:03 PM
RE: Corporations and politics
(24-06-2016 07:16 PM)BnW Wrote:  
(24-06-2016 07:13 PM)Heywood Jahblome Wrote:  Nothing is preventing Disney and Paypal from winding up their business, selling off all the assets and returning the money to their investors. However if they want to business, they can't refuse to invest in North Carolina on the basis they don't agree with the politics of that state. The Federal Government could make this happen if they just passed the right laws.

The "right" laws.

Seriously: DUMBASS.

I admit I am not the best with grammar or punctuation. You however are a first class shitstain......and still a fool. Go troll someone else's thread.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
24-06-2016, 08:04 PM
(24-06-2016 08:01 PM)Heywood Jahblome Wrote:  So what is wrong with passing a law that says if company X states they are boycotting a state because of politics, they are subject to being fined. Why couldn't that be done? It would seem to me that anyone who is favor of curtailing big business from using their resources to influence politics, would be in favor of such a law.

That's because you are either A: Intentionally being obtuse or B: a Fucking Dumbass either is equally likely.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
24-06-2016, 08:06 PM
Why do you even start threads about subjects when your not gonna understand any of the answers your given?

When valour preys on reason, it eats the sword it fights with.
24-06-2016, 08:07 PM
(24-06-2016 08:04 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  
(24-06-2016 08:01 PM)Heywood Jahblome Wrote:  So what is wrong with passing a law that says if company X states they are boycotting a state because of politics, they are subject to being fined. Why couldn't that be done? It would seem to me that anyone who is favor of curtailing big business from using their resources to influence politics, would be in favor of such a law.

That's because you are either A: Intentionally being obtuse or B: a Fucking Dumbass either is equally likely.

I'm sure people once said, "We can't make businesses serve black people". And then when someone suggested that "yes they can"....an asshole just like you started insulting people.
24-06-2016, 08:09 PM
(24-06-2016 08:03 PM)Heywood Jahblome Wrote:  I admit I am not the best with grammar or punctuation. You however are a first class shitstain......and still a fool. Go troll someone else's thread.

You equally suck at logic and insults.

Shackle their minds when they're bent on the cross
When ignorance reigns, life is lost
24-06-2016, 08:09 PM
(24-06-2016 08:06 PM)WhiskeyDebates Wrote:  Why do you even start threads about subjects when your not gonna understand any of the answers your given?

I try to make people defend their positions to see how strong they actually are.
24-06-2016, 08:12 PM (This post was last modified: 24-06-2016 08:22 PM by Heywood Jahblome.)
(24-06-2016 08:09 PM)BnW Wrote:  
(24-06-2016 08:03 PM)Heywood Jahblome Wrote:  I admit I am not the best with grammar or punctuation. You however are a first class shitstain......and still a fool. Go troll someone else's thread.

You equally suck at logic and insults.

If I suck, you are most certainly a swallower.

But really, all you have done is offer an explanation on why Paypal and Disney can get away with their shenanigans. You haven't argued why they should continue to be allowed to get away with their shenanigans.

Maybe someone smarter than you will come and shed some light. Brian?
24-06-2016, 08:13 PM
(24-06-2016 08:09 PM)Heywood Jahblome Wrote:  
(24-06-2016 08:06 PM)WhiskeyDebates Wrote:  Why do you even start threads about subjects when your not gonna understand any of the answers your given?

I try to make people defend their positions to see how strong they actually are.

The problem with this is nothing you have put here yet has come anywhere close to reality and the strawman position you want to project onto anyone that is not in favor of unlimited corporate money in politics is so far from any actual professed statement to be useless in discussion. If you do not understand an issue don't get your panties in a bunch when people smarter and better versed than you call you out for your idiocy.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
24-06-2016, 08:20 PM (This post was last modified: 24-06-2016 08:23 PM by Heywood Jahblome.)
(24-06-2016 08:13 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  
(24-06-2016 08:09 PM)Heywood Jahblome Wrote:  I try to make people defend their positions to see how strong they actually are.

The problem with this is nothing you have put here yet has come anywhere close to reality and the strawman position you want to project onto anyone that is not in favor of unlimited corporate money in politics is so far from any actual professed statement to be useless in discussion. If you do not understand an issue don't get your panties in a bunch when people smarter and better versed than you call you out for your idiocy.

You're really dense. No argument was made in this thread about allowing unlimited corporate money in politics. This thread was created to solicit a an argument from somebody who doesn't want unlimited corporate money in politics but thinks that it is perfectly okay for corporations to influence politics via boycotts and/or with holding planned investments.

I hear people complain about big corporate money, but never do they complain about these boycotts. It seems a little hypocritical to me. I try to have a discussion and BNW shows up with his troll costume on.

And I am not wearing any panties so stop flapping your gums on shit you know nothing about.
24-06-2016, 08:22 PM
(24-06-2016 08:09 PM)Heywood Jahblome Wrote:  

No, you don't. Maybe that's what you think you do, but it's not close to reality. Equating a decision to not complete an action to cash donations for influence is not in anyway challenging people to defend their positions. Who other than you ever took such an inane position?

I've seen you do this several times. You put forth some illogical strawman, pretend your two comparisons are equivalents, and act indignant when the whole forum points out your premise is bullshit. You're not here to challenge the intellect. You're here to be an asshole. And, I'm fairly certain you know it.

I've seen this show enough times that I saw no reason to wait and highlighted the problem right off. Your problem isn't that you have a contrary opinion. Your problem is that you go out of your way to be a dick.

Shackle their minds when they're bent on the cross
When ignorance reigns, life is lost
[+] 2 users Like BnW's post