Corporations and politics

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
25-06-2016, 12:03 AM
RE: Corporations and politics
(24-06-2016 11:31 PM)Heywood Jahblome Wrote:  I do think you have a rational reason to treat one situation differently than the other. Regarding disclosure. I just got done with Good Profit by Charles Koch. In that book he mentions that he received over 150 death threats over the course of a year. Now given an environment where some members of society threaten violence against those who support the things they don't want supported, why wouldn't you want your contribution to be private?
Charles Koch? You mean the multi-billionaire who owns an entire security firm? Yeah, I don't think that him or his billionaire friends who meddle in politics enough to cause a stir need to be afraid for their safety because of some anonymous death threats.

[Image: 7oDSbD4.gif]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
25-06-2016, 12:26 AM (This post was last modified: 25-06-2016 12:33 AM by Heywood Jahblome.)
(25-06-2016 12:03 AM)Vosur Wrote:  Charles Koch? You mean the multi-billionaire who owns an entire security firm? Yeah, I don't think that him or his billionaire friends who meddle in politics enough to cause a stir need to be afraid for their safety because of some anonymous death threats.

Alfred Herrhausen was rich, had good security....What happened to him? If I am rich, I would still worry about inciting the psychotics regardless of how good my security is. I would want my contributions to remain anonymous. But crimes are not just committed against the rich.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-...lized.html

And most people are not billionaires so the majority of political contributions come from people who don't have the means to provide the level of security the Koch's can. People should be able to donate to campaigns anonymously.

I'm not sure how aware you are of US history, but what do you think would have happened to the people who donated money so that "Common Sense" could be printed if they had to disclose their contributions to the British?
25-06-2016, 02:30 AM
(25-06-2016 12:26 AM)Heywood Jahblome Wrote:  Alfred Herrhausen was rich, had good security....What happened to him? If I am rich, I would still worry about inciting the psychotics regardless of how good my security is. I would want my contributions to remain anonymous.
I don't mean to sound like a conspiracy theorist, but this guy wasn't assassinated by some random guy who sent him death threats. At least to me, it looks like he was killed because his debt forgiveness proposals upset some (((very powerful people))).

(25-06-2016 12:26 AM)Heywood Jahblome Wrote:  But crimes are not just committed against the rich.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-...lized.html
That's true. On a related note, cases like this demonstrate that Winston Churchill was right when he famously said that "The fascists of the future will be called anti-fascists." The amount of censorship and organized violence from the self-proclaimed anti-fascist left, both in Germany and the US, is becoming more and more abhorrent. This year has been particularly bad, with violent riots in Chicago and other US cities and two serious attempts on Trump's life (not to mention the hundreds of death threats he received from members of the tolerant left online) before he even became his party's nominee.

(25-06-2016 12:26 AM)Heywood Jahblome Wrote:  And most people are not billionaires so the majority of political contributions come from people who don't have the means to provide the level of security the Koch's can. People should be able to donate to campaigns anonymously.

I'm not sure how aware you are of US history, but what do you think would have happened to the people who donated money so that "Common Sense" could be printed if they had to disclose their contributions to the British?
You make a valid point, but even so, I think that there should be some sort of inverse relationship between the size of an individual's monetary contribution to a political campaign and the privacy of their donation. In practical terms, this means that I can get behind a law that allows regular joes like you and me to contribute, say, a thousand dollars anonymously, but would not support a law that allows the super rich to donate millions of dollars anonymously. Bernie Sanders demonstrated that you can finance a major political campaign using the contributions of normal, everyday people, so I'm not even convinced that the existence of SuperPACs should be allowed at all.

25-06-2016, 06:41 AM (This post was last modified: 25-06-2016 06:44 AM by Deesse23.)
(25-06-2016 12:26 AM)Heywood Jahblome Wrote:  Alfred Herrhausen was rich, had good security....

Quote:I don't mean to sound like a conspiracy theorist, ......At least to me, it looks like he was killed because his debt forgiveness proposals upset some (((very powerful people)))

He was assasinated by members of the RAF, like many, many others. The RAF owned up to this crime. This is indeed much different from the "average" guy going on a killing spree, but certainly it would need a conspiracy theory to claim he was killed because some "very powerful people" disliked him.
These guys (RAF) were very well motivated and mostly well trained. Most of these guys were trained assasins in Lybia etc. The RAF also tended to thoroughly plan their kidnappings or assassinations.

Quote:The amount of censorship and organized violence from the self-proclaimed anti-fascist left, both in Germany...
Please provide examples.

Ceterum censeo, religionem delendam esse
25-06-2016, 07:13 AM (This post was last modified: 25-06-2016 07:31 AM by Vosur.)
(25-06-2016 06:41 AM)Deesse23 Wrote:  He was assasinated by members of the RAF, like many, many others. The RAF owned up to this crime. This is indeed much different from the "average" guy going on a killing spree, but certainly it would need a conspiracy theory to claim he was killed because some "very powerful people" disliked him.
These guys (RAF) were very well motivated and mostly well trained. Most of these guys were trained assasins in Lybia etc. The RAF also tended to thoroughly plan their kidnappings or assassinations.
The RAF received funding, training and supplies from the Stasi. You know, an important part of East Germany's government back then. Are there very powerful people in government who could be behind this funding decision? I wonder. Consider

(25-06-2016 06:41 AM)Deesse23 Wrote:  Please provide examples.
An example of violence from them in Germany: http://www.welt.de/politik/deutschland/a...e-AfD.html
An example of censorship from them in Germany: http://www.focus.de/finanzen/news/wirtsc...14558.html

Edit: I'm assuming that you speak German as well, but let me know if you don't so I can give you a couple sources from foreign newspapers instead.

25-06-2016, 11:04 AM
(24-06-2016 08:03 PM)Heywood Jahblome Wrote:  
(24-06-2016 07:16 PM)BnW Wrote:  The "right" laws.

Seriously: DUMBASS.

I admit I am not the best with grammar or punctuation. You however are a first class shitstain......and still a fool. Go troll someone else's thread.

I forgive you for calling BnW a shitstain and a fool.

#sigh
25-06-2016, 11:05 AM
(24-06-2016 08:07 PM)Heywood Jahblome Wrote:  
(24-06-2016 08:04 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  That's because you are either A: Intentionally being obtuse or B: a Fucking Dumbass either is equally likely.

I'm sure people once said, "We can't make businesses serve black people". And then when someone suggested that "yes they can"....an asshole just like you started insulting people.

I forgive you for calling Revenant an asshole.

#sigh
25-06-2016, 12:02 PM (This post was last modified: 25-06-2016 02:02 PM by Momsurroundedbyboys.)
(24-06-2016 12:26 PM)Brian37 Wrote:  I love how the assholes on the right love the free market when it screws over minorities or workers then bitch when some businesses actually care about not being dicks to their fellow humans.

The system does not discriminate based on racial qualifications, it discriminates based on intelligence/sophistication - somewhat like how you discriminate. You do not like people who you perceive to be stupid and so you call them names in an effort to change their thinking, but really it is you who is an idiot, because you are not sophisticated to figure it out and only see that the result in this situation is that most minorities are not too sophisticated.

Humanism - ontological doctrine that posits that humans define reality
Theism - ontological doctrine that posits a supernatural entity creates and defines reality
Atheism - political doctrine opposed to theist doctrine in public policy
I am right, and you are wrong - I hope you die peacefullyCool
25-06-2016, 12:07 PM
(25-06-2016 12:02 PM)TrainWreck Wrote:  
(24-06-2016 12:26 PM)Brian37 Wrote:  I love how the assholes on the right love the free market when it screws over minorities or workers then bitch when some businesses actually care about not being dicks to their fellow humans.

The system does not discriminate based on racial qualifications, it discriminates based on intelligence/sophistication - somewhat like how you discriminate. You do not like people who you perceive to be stupid and so you call them names in an effort to change their thinking, but really it is you who is an idiot, because you are not sophisticated to figure it out and only see that the result in this situation is that most minorities are not too sophisticated.

Your [/quote] was all dicked up.

#sigh
[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post
25-06-2016, 02:02 PM
(25-06-2016 12:07 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(25-06-2016 12:02 PM)TrainWreck Wrote:  The system does not discriminate based on racial qualifications, it discriminates based on intelligence/sophistication - somewhat like how you discriminate. You do not like people who you perceive to be stupid and so you call them names in an effort to change their thinking, but really it is you who is an idiot, because you are not sophisticated to figure it out and only see that the result in this situation is that most minorities are not too sophisticated.

Your
was all dicked up.
[/quote]

Fixed it.

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces