Corruption.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
08-02-2013, 03:16 PM
Corruption.
A huge sports corruption claim hit Australia this week involving claims of clubs giving players untested drugs, doping, match fixing, and the involvement of major crime figures.
The main accusations are against Australian football and rugby though all sports are being questioned.

It really makes it hard for most players and officials, and very hard for the supporters who will wonder if they are viewing a World Championship Wrestling match or the real deal.

I imagine such behaviour is endemic, world wide.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Mr Woof's post
08-02-2013, 03:30 PM
RE: Corruption.
(08-02-2013 03:16 PM)Mr Woof Wrote:  A huge sports corruption claim hit Australia this week involving claims of clubs giving players untested drugs, doping, match fixing, and the involvement of major crime figures.
The main accusations are against Australian football and rugby though all sports are being questioned.

It really makes it hard for most players and officials, and very hard for the supporters who will wonder if they are viewing a World Championship Wrestling match or the real deal.

I imagine such behaviour is endemic, world wide.

There has been a lot of talk these last few days in the news about "fixing" in football/soccer in different places around the world.

For no matter how much I use these symbols, to describe symptoms of my existence.
You are your own emphasis.
So I say nothing.

-Bemore.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
13-02-2013, 07:12 PM
I'd be pissed off if I was those NRL clubs.
No information, absolutely none, about where the allogations have come from, who they are actually investigating etc...

I wouldn't be surprised if they had a case to sue for defamation.
I'm sure there's contracts saying they can't, but still, it's pretty boarderline IMO.

[Image: 3cdac7eec8f6b059070d9df56f50a7ae.jpg]
Now with 40% more awesome.
13-02-2013, 09:19 PM
(13-02-2013 07:12 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  I'd be pissed off if I was those NRL clubs.
No information, absolutely none, about where the allogations have come from, who they are actually investigating etc...

I wouldn't be surprised if they had a case to sue for defamation.
I'm sure there's contracts saying they can't, but still, it's pretty boarderline IMO.
I don't think the government has even worked out what department is entitled to carry out the investigation.

What with the seasons starting pretty soon, all is in a state of confusion.......