Corruption in American Politics

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
10-01-2016, 09:32 AM
RE: Corruption in American Politics
I'm afraid this can only change two ways: when the people get fed up enough, some will break out a civil war with ideals akin to the 1917 russian revolution, or if the economic situation becomes bad enough, the military steps in and instigates a coup to depose the corrupt leaders similar to how most latin-american and north-african dictators' reign usually ends. A system where the will of the masses is ignored lawfully cannot be changed democratically.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
10-01-2016, 09:54 AM
(10-01-2016 07:12 AM)DerFish Wrote:  
(09-01-2016 10:02 PM)Full Circle Wrote:  copy/paste the url

https://youtu.be/5tu32CCA_Ig

Thanks. It even worked, But for future reference where on a video does one find the URL? It has a place to click for "share" but sine i don't do farcebook or the other options that come up I have not been able to share one before.

If you click on reply to the post (like fullcircles original 1st post in this thread) derfish you will see the url in this format

[video=youtube]THIS IS WHERE THE URL IS [/video]

Give it a try. Click on reply on post 1 in this thread and you will see what I mean. Any other probs or questions just ask Thumbsup

I feel so much, and yet I feel nothing.
I am a rock, I am the sky, the birds and the trees and everything beyond.
I am the wind, in the fields in which I roar. I am the water, in which I drown.
[+] 2 users Like bemore's post
10-01-2016, 10:03 AM
(10-01-2016 09:54 AM)bemore Wrote:  
(10-01-2016 07:12 AM)DerFish Wrote:  Thanks. It even worked, But for future reference where on a video does one find the URL? It has a place to click for "share" but sine i don't do farcebook or the other options that come up I have not been able to share one before.

If you click on reply to the post (like fullcircles original 1st post in this thread) derfish you will see the url in this format

[video=youtube]THIS IS WHERE THE URL IS [/video]

Give it a try. Click on reply on post 1 in this thread and you will see what I mean. Any other probs or questions just ask Thumbsup

Damn! That was easy, now if I can remember it for next time!
10-01-2016, 12:32 PM
I think what saddens me most about stories like this, is that it comes as no real surprise to anybody. One could surmise from the video that it is the Elite that run the show in their own interests. This just makes a complete mockery of your system and it does not matter who is in power because money has always bought politics.

It is for these reasons why I never vote in my country and currently as things stand, I never ever will.

Democracy is an illusion and by rights the contents of this video need to be investigated as a matter of urgency. There needs to be answer... STRAIGHT ANSWERS and accountability.

Call me a pessimist but I don't think ever will be any substantial change that fixes the system.

10-01-2016, 12:40 PM
(10-01-2016 12:32 PM)bemore Wrote:  I think what saddens me most about stories like this, is that it comes as no real surprise to anybody. One could surmise from the video that it is the Elite that run the show in their own interests. This just makes a complete mockery of your system and it does not matter who is in power because money has always bought politics.

It is for these reasons why I never vote in my country and currently as things stand, I never ever will.

Democracy is an illusion and by rights the contents of this video need to be investigated as a matter of urgency. There needs to be answer... STRAIGHT ANSWERS and accountability.

Call me a pessimist but I don't think ever will be any substantial change that fixes the system.

This is how the minority powered elite stay in power. Not voting only adds to their power. Really the best way to eliminate Oligarchy is for everyone to vote.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
10-01-2016, 12:50 PM
(10-01-2016 12:40 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  
(10-01-2016 12:32 PM)bemore Wrote:  I think what saddens me most about stories like this, is that it comes as no real surprise to anybody. One could surmise from the video that it is the Elite that run the show in their own interests. This just makes a complete mockery of your system and it does not matter who is in power because money has always bought politics.

This is how the minority powered elite stay in power. Not voting only adds to their power. Really the best way to eliminate Oligarchy is for everyone to vote.

Yabut the article/video states that it doesn't matter how people vote. So you want people to use the broken system to fix the broken system?

10-01-2016, 02:44 PM
(10-01-2016 12:50 PM)bemore Wrote:  
(10-01-2016 12:40 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  This is how the minority powered elite stay in power. Not voting only adds to their power. Really the best way to eliminate Oligarchy is for everyone to vote.

Yabut the article/video states that it doesn't matter how people vote. So you want people to use the broken system to fix the broken system?

If enough people were educated about how the system is broken, and enough people were then voted into the system who are educated and motivated to change it, it could happen. Pipe dream, I know...

But now I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.

~ Umberto Eco
[+] 1 user Likes evenheathen's post
11-01-2016, 12:38 AM
Unless something radical changes it seems a corporate dystopian future is what we have to look forward to *sigh*

“We can judge our progress by the courage of our questions and the depth of our answers, our willingness to embrace what is true rather than what feels good.”
― Carl Sagan
11-01-2016, 05:17 AM
(11-01-2016 12:38 AM)Worom Wrote:  Unless something radical changes it seems a corporate dystopian future is what we have to look forward to *sigh*

If you want a vision of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face - forever.

George Orwell.

[+] 1 user Likes bemore's post
11-01-2016, 05:52 AM
Why only focus on US politics? It is the nature of politics to be driven by corruption.

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.