Cortisone?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
19-03-2015, 05:26 AM
RE: Cortisone?
(03-03-2015 09:38 PM)unfogged Wrote:  Anybody had a cortisone shot, particularly in the knee? I'm being given the option of one to try to relieve some on-going pain from some arthritis behind the kneecap. They did xrays and MRI and there's nothing major going on but it is painful enough to be a constant irritant.

I've used glucosamine supplements with no difference and OTC pain relievers don't do anything for it either (naproxen helps but only because it puts me right to sleep despite any pain).

Are you taking glucosamine with chondroitin???

I've tried just glucosamine and it wasn't much help, but with chondroitin seems better..

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
19-03-2015, 06:06 AM
(19-03-2015 04:27 AM)k37713 Wrote:  My mother took cortisone my whole life-- not in the shot form-- but in pill form to combat her asthma. She always warned us before she started because it was a 10 day cycle of hell. She was moody and crazy and in the end it tore apart her immune system. I don't think that anything in moderate use is plain awful... but definitely don't use it as a cure. I honestly feel like her poor health in her elder days can be contributed to her almost habitual use of steroids.

Thanks for the warning; I'm planning to be cautious about the use. I've had increasing knee pain for the last several years and if this doesn't give me long-lasting relief I won't be taking it again.

I'll have to look and see if there is a difference between the shot and pill forms in how the body reacts.

Atheism: it's not just for communists any more!
America July 4 1776 - November 8 2016 RIP
19-03-2015, 06:09 AM
(19-03-2015 05:26 AM)onlinebiker Wrote:  Are you taking glucosamine with chondroitin???

I've tried just glucosamine and it wasn't much help, but with chondroitin seems better..

I tried that for quite a long time with no results. Looking at the studies it has little, if any, benefit for most people.

19-03-2015, 10:43 AM
(19-03-2015 06:09 AM)unfogged Wrote:  
(19-03-2015 05:26 AM)onlinebiker Wrote:  Are you taking glucosamine with chondroitin???

I tried that for quite a long time with no results. Looking at the studies it has little, if any, benefit for most people.

It seems to help keep my knees and ankle from acting up as much.... Of course, my condition is due more to severe trauma than just age.....

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
19-03-2015, 01:03 PM
(19-03-2015 10:43 AM)onlinebiker Wrote:  It seems to help keep my knees and ankle from acting up as much.... Of course, my condition is due more to severe trauma than just age.....

You jump to a lot of conclusions