Cosmological musings

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
20-09-2015, 09:28 AM
Cosmological musings
Categories of space matter are defined by groupings. The solar system is a grouping of planets around a sun. Constellations are small groupings of stars, galaxies are groupings of stars, nebulas and dust. Superclusters are groupings of galaxies, the universe as we know it is a loose grouping of superclusters and field galaxies, rogue planets and interstellar medium. How do we define where a universe can end? Perhaps the interstellar medium (ISM) or higgs field is infinite. If such is the case, there could be parallel universes visible from our own yet indistinguishable or recognizable because of our internal frame of reference. To us it would look like distant superclusters while they may be within their own relative groupings. So what im trying to say is perhaps our view of what the universe looks like from an outside perspective is moot because there is no outside. You cannot escape the ISM if it's infinite. Why would I suggest an infinite ISM? If it is finite, what is it suspended in? The ISM is itself void except for the presence of gas and fundamental particles. Perhaps it reaches a place where even gas and particles cease to exist and all that remains is absolute void? Such a blank field could be the basis for determining where one universe ends and another begins. It's exhilarating to think about!

Your thoughts?

(22-08-2015 07:30 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  It is by will alone I set my brows in motion it is by the conditioner of avocado that the brows acquire volume the skin acquires spots the spots become a warning. It is by will alone I set my brows in motion.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
20-09-2015, 09:49 AM
RE: Cosmological musings
A group of us need to get together to figure this out.....

uh oh.....

Think about that for a second..........

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes onlinebiker's post
20-09-2015, 10:04 AM
An afterthought: the ISM is just two steps away from being nothing.

Step 1. Remove the gases

Step 2. Remove the particles

The quantum view of a higgs field is seen as the space consisting of the lowest state of energy.

Remove the particles and gases, you remove the energy. You are left with nothing.

Rather than trying to wrap our brains around the concept of something being infinite, the truth is that "nothing" is infinite

(22-08-2015 07:30 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  It is by will alone I set my brows in motion it is by the conditioner of avocado that the brows acquire volume the skin acquires spots the spots become a warning. It is by will alone I set my brows in motion.
[+] 1 user Likes Octapulse's post
20-09-2015, 10:11 AM
Technically though...... the above is kind of wrong, isn't it? Since.... you still can't remove the 'time' from the actuall 'volume' of 'nothing' that you still have?
20-09-2015, 10:15 AM
Why does time have to be confined to a universe?

20-09-2015, 10:28 AM
I'm not saying time is confined to the univers.

I'm kind of pointing out that time is a 'part' of the universe.

I think. ........ Unsure
20-09-2015, 10:36 AM
(20-09-2015 10:28 AM)Peebothuhul Wrote:  I'm not saying time is confined to the univers.

I'm kind of pointing out that time is a 'part' of the universe.

I think. ........ Unsure

It's a conceptual part of the universe, not a physical one. Concepts are not subject to boundary, so I don't see how it bears relevance on the infinity of nothing

20-09-2015, 11:21 AM
(20-09-2015 09:28 AM)Octapulse Wrote:  How do we define where a universe can end?

It is believed that at the end of the universe is Milliways. We will know for sure if it gets rated in an upcoming Michelin guide.
20-09-2015, 11:54 AM
Fuck off blowjob

[+] 1 user Likes Octapulse's post
20-09-2015, 12:09 PM
Parallel worlds within our world is not that unlikely, considering theoretically it is possible for the exact same arrangement of matter and energy as our earth to be present somewhere else in the universe, it is not implausible that portions of the universe are mirrored elsewhere. But the thing is, I don't think we have enough info about the universe to properly define it, let alone define it's boundaries.

[Image: 004.sig]