Cosmos: It's coming!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
21-07-2013, 04:52 PM
Cosmos: It's coming!
(21-07-2013 04:36 PM)Logisch Wrote:  updated original post because FUCK FOX.

Laughat

"All that is necessary for the triumph of Calvinism is that good Atheists do nothing." ~Eric Oh My
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
21-07-2013, 07:48 PM
RE: Cosmos: It's coming!
I'm really looking forward to this... Carl Sagan is kinda like my Jesus, except he's real, fallible and generally better than Jesus in every way. And its NOT blasphemy to let Neil deGrasse Tyson bring his good words...
Angel
[+] 1 user Likes WeAreTheCosmos's post
21-07-2013, 08:44 PM
(21-07-2013 07:48 PM)WeAreTheCosmos Wrote:  I'm really looking forward to this... Carl Sagan is kinda like my Jesus, except he's real, fallible and generally better than Jesus in every way. And its NOT blasphemy to let Neil deGrasse Tyson bring his good words...
Angel

Carl is no longer alive. So SOMEONE has to do it. Of all people, I think mr Tyson is an amazing person to be an educator for the science community of today. He is incredibly neutral, full of energy and he has a way with words and a way to motivate people that is unrivaled without bias.

I see a lot of atheists get mad that he won't "pick a side" but I totally get that he doesn't because of the bias people will have towards him if he does. Instead, he remains neutral, remains an educator without an agenda other than to educate. People learn, people want to learn, and there is no hidden agenda of, "Well I heard he's an x, y or z so you KNOW he just wants to trick ya!"

He is quite an amazing person. I absolutely love watching him speak about education and science.

Official ordained minister of the Church of the Flying Spaghetti Monster. Please pm me with prayer requests to his noodly goodness. Remember, he boiled for your sins and loves you. Carbo Diem! RAmen.
21-07-2013, 09:04 PM
2014... Weeping

Tease. Tongue

[Image: 3d366d5c-72a0-4228-b835-f404c2970188_zps...1381867723]
21-07-2013, 09:24 PM
No better man to fill Carl Sagan's shoes.

I actually commend FOX for airing this considering their constant Atheism bashing.

“We are all connected; To each other, biologically. To the earth, chemically. To the rest of the universe atomically.”

-Neil deGrasse Tyson
21-07-2013, 09:28 PM
(21-07-2013 09:24 PM)NoahsFarce Wrote:  No better man to fill Carl Sagan's shoes.

I actually commend FOX for airing this considering their constant Atheism bashing.

I know a lot of people are upset and some are even vehemently opposed to it. However, think of the amount of people it will educate since that network does reach that particular concentration of people.

Official ordained minister of the Church of the Flying Spaghetti Monster. Please pm me with prayer requests to his noodly goodness. Remember, he boiled for your sins and loves you. Carbo Diem! RAmen.
[+] 1 user Likes Logisch's post
21-07-2013, 09:40 PM
Fox outside of Fox News actually isn't bad* we are talking about the people who brought us Married With Children, The Simpsons, Family Guy...I found myself watching their 25 year anniversary or whatever and they where even ripping on Faux News themselves.**

Also ROFL at how much that preview makes Cosmos look like a space action thriller, if you where unfamiliar with first one it would look like Neil DeGrass Tyson is the star of a new Michael Bay film.

*I mean aside from the hole giant media conglomeration bent on harnessing your will for profit thing.
**Damn it this how they want me to think! They want to have their 24/7 shit feed and eat their secular cake as well!

Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
22-07-2013, 03:12 PM
Hey they were partially responsible for the Aliens movies... sooooo yeah. But yeah Fox news is dumb.

22-07-2013, 03:38 PM
I don't really watch TV, but I'd make an exception for this.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes amyb's post
23-07-2013, 03:06 PM
neat... and here my coding addled mind was thinging about the .net based barebones operating system X3
but sciense series are cool too Tongue