Cosmos: TONIGHT

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
16-03-2014, 07:49 AM
RE: Cosmos: TONIGHT
Nice to see a documentary on National Geographic that doesn't have the word "MEGA" in front of it...

[img]

via GIPHY

[/img]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like Sam's post
16-03-2014, 12:00 PM
Re: RE: Cosmos: TONIGHT
(16-03-2014 07:49 AM)Paranoidsam Wrote:  Nice to see a documentary on National Geographic that doesn't have the word "MEGA" in front of it...

I get so angry when pseudoscience and plain old bollocks gets shown on Nat Geo, Discovery or even worse, H2.....An entire channel devoted to Ancient Aliens and Finding Bigfoot (how's that going anyway?).....I want my fucking money back!

Using Tapatalk
Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like ProjeKtWEREWOLF's post
16-03-2014, 12:01 PM
Cosmos again tonight!!! Big Grin

[+] 1 user Likes Escape Artist's post
16-03-2014, 01:28 PM
(16-03-2014 12:00 PM)ProjeKtWEREWOLF Wrote:  
(16-03-2014 07:49 AM)Paranoidsam Wrote:  Nice to see a documentary on National Geographic that doesn't have the word "MEGA" in front of it...

I get so angry when pseudoscience and plain old bollocks gets shown on Nat Geo, Discovery or even worse, H2.....An entire channel devoted to Ancient Aliens and Finding Bigfoot (how's that going anyway?).....I want my fucking money back!

I don't know what's happened to these channels. Suddenly all that's on them are shows about some kind of macho, hillbilly, yee-haa, scripted crap... Or pawn shops.

And when that's not on, its pseudoscience... From the "history" channel.

[img]

via GIPHY

[/img]
[+] 2 users Like Sam's post
16-03-2014, 07:08 PM
I must say I find it quite funny that Cosmos is on FOX, the same company that has a news station that is full of Creationist idiots that think evolution is a conspiracy by scientists to usurp religion.

“Religion was invented when the first con man met the first fool.” - Mark Twain
[+] 3 users Like WindyCityJazz's post
16-03-2014, 07:21 PM
(16-03-2014 07:08 PM)WindyCityJazz Wrote:  I must say I find it quite funny that Cosmos is on FOX, the same company that has a news station that is full of Creationist idiots that think evolution is a conspiracy by scientists to usurp religion.

Well, in all fairness... FOX that is responsible for various movies have made lots of movies and come out with some great productions. Fox NEWS on the other hand is almost like they're not even related. It isn't fox NEWS that is producing it, but the production company FOX. Hope that clarifies.

PS: They did just fine on the Alien movies Wink

[Image: AliensColonialMarines.jpg]

Official ordained minister of the Church of the Flying Spaghetti Monster. Please pm me with prayer requests to his noodly goodness. Remember, he boiled for your sins and loves you. Carbo Diem! RAmen.
[+] 1 user Likes Logisch's post
16-03-2014, 08:40 PM
I LOVED tonight's episode!! Big Grin

I hope that the world turns, and things get better. But what I hope most of all is that you understand what I mean when I tell you that, even though I do not know you, and even though I may never meet you, laugh with you, cry with you, or kiss you, I love you. With all my heart, I love you. - V for Vendetta
[+] 3 users Like Smercury44's post
16-03-2014, 09:32 PM
So glad they tackled evolution right away, and NGT's lines about it being OK saying IDK and chimps being embarrassing relatives were priceless.

Check out my now-defunct atheism blog. It's just a blog, no ads, no revenue, no gods.
----
Atheism promotes critical thinking; theism promotes hypocritical thinking. -- Me
[+] 2 users Like WillHopp's post
16-03-2014, 09:39 PM
(16-03-2014 09:32 PM)WillHopp Wrote:  So glad they tackled evolution right away, and NGT's lines about it being OK saying IDK and chimps being embarrassing relatives were priceless.

The Dog story was well done as well. Good episode and it went pretty in depth for a 60 min tv show.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
[+] 4 users Like Revenant77x's post
16-03-2014, 09:44 PM
(16-03-2014 09:39 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  
(16-03-2014 09:32 PM)WillHopp Wrote:  So glad they tackled evolution right away, and NGT's lines about it being OK saying IDK and chimps being embarrassing relatives were priceless.

The Dog story was well done as well. Good episode and it went pretty in depth for a 60 min tv show.

Agreed, and I loved how he explained that that type of evolution was different from natural selection, with the bear story. Very fun to watch Yes

I hope that the world turns, and things get better. But what I hope most of all is that you understand what I mean when I tell you that, even though I do not know you, and even though I may never meet you, laugh with you, cry with you, or kiss you, I love you. With all my heart, I love you. - V for Vendetta
[+] 1 user Likes Smercury44's post