Cosmos: TONIGHT

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
16-03-2014, 09:45 PM
RE: Cosmos: TONIGHT
(16-03-2014 09:39 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  
(16-03-2014 09:32 PM)WillHopp Wrote:  So glad they tackled evolution right away, and NGT's lines about it being OK saying IDK and chimps being embarrassing relatives were priceless.

The Dog story was well done as well. Good episode and it went pretty in depth for a 60 min tv show.

Agreed, putting it on a level that EVERYONE can relate to really forces the point home that we not only see evolution in everyday life but we have produced it ourselves. Great second episode.

Check out my now-defunct atheism blog. It's just a blog, no ads, no revenue, no gods.
----
Atheism promotes critical thinking; theism promotes hypocritical thinking. -- Me
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
17-03-2014, 08:41 AM
(16-03-2014 09:39 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  
(16-03-2014 09:32 PM)WillHopp Wrote:  So glad they tackled evolution right away, and NGT's lines about it being OK saying IDK and chimps being embarrassing relatives were priceless.

The Dog story was well done as well. Good episode and it went pretty in depth for a 60 min tv show.

More like 45 minutes. Fucking commercials. Dodgy

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes Chas's post
17-03-2014, 09:14 AM
I am now in love with NDT.

That is all.

Carry on.

We have enough youth. How about looking for the Fountain of Smart?
Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like Thinkerbelle's post
17-03-2014, 09:17 AM
(17-03-2014 09:14 AM)Thinkerbelle Wrote:  I am now in love with NDT.

That is all.

Carry on.

Had you not seen him before? I've been in awe of him since I first heard him speak.

If you haven't heard him passionately explain something or defend science, you and YouTube need to set aside a few hundred hours and watch his talks and debates.

Excuse me, I'm making perfect sense. You're just not keeping up.

"Let me give you some advice, bastard: never forget what you are. The rest of the world will not. Wear it like armor, and it can never be used to hurt you." - Tyrion Lannister
[+] 3 users Like itsnotmeitsyou's post
17-03-2014, 09:50 AM

That is all.

Carry on.

Me too. That's why I gave him a big hug.

[Image: 54426110151617646025229.jpg]
[+] 7 users Like ghostexorcist's post
17-03-2014, 09:51 AM
NGT is all about passion. Some of the stuff I've seen on YouTube of him get you really excited.

Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored- Aldous Huxley
[+] 2 users Like devilsadvoc8's post
17-03-2014, 10:00 AM
(17-03-2014 09:51 AM)devilsadvoc8 Wrote:  NGT is all about passion. Some of the stuff I've seen on YouTube of him get you really excited.

That's what I love about him. He's such a little kid in his enthusiasm that you can't help but be excited about it too. The interview with Stephen Colbert was fantastic. It was like one kid telling the other about his trip to Disney.

Excuse me, I'm making perfect sense. You're just not keeping up.

"Let me give you some advice, bastard: never forget what you are. The rest of the world will not. Wear it like armor, and it can never be used to hurt you." - Tyrion Lannister
[+] 1 user Likes itsnotmeitsyou's post
17-03-2014, 10:07 AM
(17-03-2014 09:17 AM)itsnotmeitsyou Wrote:  

That is all.

Carry on.

Had you not seen him before? I've been in awe of him since I first heard him speak.

If you haven't heard him passionately explain something or defend science, you and YouTube need to set aside a few hundred hours and watch his talks and debates.

Yes, I have seen him before. I was teetering on fawning adoration and worship, but Cosmos pushed me over the brink. Big Grin

We have enough youth. How about looking for the Fountain of Smart?
[+] 2 users Like Thinkerbelle's post
17-03-2014, 11:03 AM
(16-03-2014 05:25 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  Not available outside of the US. Yay America...
This is why we hate you.

I know I'm quoting you, but don't quote me Smile I might be wrong. In Canada and perhaps in your country, when content is blocked (In my case Hulu or American version of Netflix), it's not blocked by the Americans. It's blocked by Canada. We have content rules which require 30% of the content to be Canadian. So Hulu for example doesn't sell to Canada and don't care about our rules. Therefore the Canadian Gov mandates it be blocked not the US. Same with the video content on abc.com or NBC or Fox and more notably Jon Stewart on Comedy Central. But I can see John Stewart on the Canadian Comedy Network.com.
17-03-2014, 11:15 AM
DARN YOU TO NONEXISTENT HECK, DVR!
WHY DID YOU FORGET TO RECORD?

[Image: v0jpzpT.png]
[+] 1 user Likes Alex_Leonardo's post