19-03-2014, 07:42 PM
RE: Cosmos: TONIGHT
Torrent that bitch!
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes retroviral's post
19-03-2014, 09:43 PM
(19-03-2014 03:20 PM)TubbyTubby Wrote:  My thread there has been closed. I'm a bit miffed that it wasn't through my own doing though.

I joined the forum tonight because of your post and I'm already wreaking havoc, but in a nebulous way. I want to see how long it takes them the call me out as an atheist. I'm mostly just disagreeing with them in a way that shows I'm thinking. It not really defying.

Check out my now-defunct atheism blog. It's just a blog, no ads, no revenue, no gods.
----
Atheism promotes critical thinking; theism promotes hypocritical thinking. -- Me
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
19-03-2014, 11:17 PM
Haha. They got Tubby pegged really quick.
Reading their close minded dismissals reminds me why I stopped visiting Christian forums, Non theists are commonly bound to use measurable materialistic reality.
Theists can make up any shit and then claim victory.

Theism is to believe what other people claim, Atheism is to ask "why should I".
[+] 1 user Likes sporehux's post
20-03-2014, 01:14 AM
Re: RE: Cosmos: TONIGHT
(19-03-2014 09:43 PM)WillHopp Wrote:  
(19-03-2014 03:20 PM)TubbyTubby Wrote:  My thread there has been closed. I'm a bit miffed that it wasn't through my own doing though.

I joined the forum tonight because of your post and I'm already wreaking havoc, but in a nebulous way. I want to see how long it takes them the call me out as an atheist. I'm mostly just disagreeing with them in a way that shows I'm thinking. It not really defying.

So I notice. You've been pretty busy! It will be quite a revelation for them when they figure you out especially as they seem to be accepting you as part of the fold already. Interesting posts, they are very curious of the new kid in school it seems.

I went in and stated my position from the start and took a different tack.

Using Tapatalk
20-03-2014, 01:16 AM
(19-03-2014 07:42 PM)retroviral Wrote:  Torrent that bitch!

Why torrent something that's available without commercials on the official site? (see first post)

Official ordained minister of the Church of the Flying Spaghetti Monster. Please pm me with prayer requests to his noodly goodness. Remember, he boiled for your sins and loves you. Carbo Diem! RAmen.
20-03-2014, 09:46 AM
Slightly off topic but I'm now getting a personal bible guide. Only got through 2 scriptures but it will be fun. Keeping it gentle but I will tie them up in knots before long (unless I get bored or banned of course).

Just here if anyone is interested.

http://www.christianforumsite.com/index....ads/37490/
Learning Genesis

Using Tapatalk
20-03-2014, 10:56 AM
(20-03-2014 01:16 AM)Logisch Wrote:  
(19-03-2014 07:42 PM)retroviral Wrote:  Torrent that bitch!

Why torrent something that's available without commercials on the official site? (see first post)

The official site is not accessible to everyone.

I like watching TV on XBMC because I don't need to torrent it, I just stream it later when I have time available.

Youtube XBMC if you like. You can download it from xbmc.org/download
21-03-2014, 11:26 AM
This show kicks ass. I finally watched the first two episodes on xbox tv. I didn't know that NDT was Carl Sagan's protege. That was cool to see CS's old calendar book with Neil Tyson written in there.

Religion definitely gets portrayed in a negative light, but I'm ok with it. It's not exactly false. Rep. Broun is calling evolution and big bang lies from the pit of hell...and he's on the house science committee.

I don't know if anyone else feels like this, but I swear every time I watch shows like this, or read a book about this, I'm in complete awe. The universe and evolution and everything inside and out of it is so f*cking awesome. I never felt so in awe with religion. And I kick myself when I remember that I used to think that an ever expanding universe/ multiverse was silly, but a snake telling a dirt man and rib woman to eat some fruit was serious business.

The religion of one age, is the literary entertainment of the next.
[+] 3 users Like =jesse='s post
21-03-2014, 09:00 PM
Wow, boy does this show subtly attack religion.
It's great, love it.

That stuff about the eye in early development with the bacteria being able to distinguish light from dark was cool. I don't know much about the evolution of the eye, but that was very informative.
[+] 4 users Like earmuffs's post
22-03-2014, 03:54 AM
(21-03-2014 09:00 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  Wow, boy does this show subtly attack religion.
It's great, love it.

That stuff about the eye in early development with the bacteria being able to distinguish light from dark was cool. I don't know much about the evolution of the eye, but that was very informative.

Yeah, he always tries to be so discreet, but the evolution of the eye part was a quite clear attack on creationism. However, I'm glad it doesn't look like an attack, but rather like an answer.

"Behind every great pirate, there is a great butt."
-Guybrush Threepwood-
[+] 3 users Like undergroundp's post