Cosmos: TONIGHT

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
05-05-2014, 06:29 PM
RE: Cosmos: TONIGHT
(04-05-2014 09:22 PM)Smercury44 Wrote:  I absolutely LOVED tonight's episode. Probably my favorite so far. Exploring the depths of the ocean, and learning more about all the factors that went into our evolution as a species. Amazing!!! Big Grin Thumbsup

I found the episode quite enjoyable. Neil got in a few good jabs at the creatards.Big Grin

Onward, my faithful steed!
[Image: ezgif-save_zps4d93a674.gif?t=1395781443]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Crulax's post
05-05-2014, 07:06 PM
Yip, another great episode. Even if it is getting a little green political...

It's funny to think that the forming of central America lead to the rise of us, which eventually lead to us building the panama canal, a lake and river system across Panama which basically cuts the two continents in half again.
[+] 1 user Likes earmuffs's post
05-05-2014, 07:20 PM
(05-05-2014 07:06 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  Yip, another great episode. Even if it is getting a little green political...

It's funny to think that the forming of central America lead to the rise of us, which eventually lead to us building the panama canal, a lake and river system across Panama which basically cuts the two continents in half again.

Sheesh, talk about spoilers Shy Tongue

I hope that the world turns, and things get better. But what I hope most of all is that you understand what I mean when I tell you that, even though I do not know you, and even though I may never meet you, laugh with you, cry with you, or kiss you, I love you. With all my heart, I love you. - V for Vendetta
06-05-2014, 11:10 AM
(05-05-2014 07:20 PM)Smercury44 Wrote:  
(05-05-2014 07:06 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  Yip, another great episode. Even if it is getting a little green political...

Sheesh, talk about spoilers Shy Tongue

It's not a spoiler, I've already seen it.
15-05-2014, 04:37 PM
Just saw Faraday's episode. Nerdgasm Smartass

[Image: sigvacachica.png]
[+] 1 user Likes nach_in's post
15-05-2014, 05:02 PM
(15-05-2014 04:37 PM)nach_in Wrote:  Just saw Faraday's episode. Nerdgasm Smartass

It got me wondering Consider
A few episodes it seems that many of these brilliant scientists were first considered wrong and laughing stocks by the current scientific community at that time.

It makes me wonder if that still happens.....and if so, who do we need to reconsider?

Consider

"Life is a daring adventure or it is nothing"--Helen Keller
15-05-2014, 05:22 PM
(15-05-2014 05:02 PM)Bows and Arrows Wrote:  
(15-05-2014 04:37 PM)nach_in Wrote:  Just saw Faraday's episode. Nerdgasm Smartass

It got me wondering Consider
A few episodes it seems that many of these brilliant scientists were first considered wrong and laughing stocks by the current scientific community at that time.

It makes me wonder if that still happens.....and if so, who do we need to reconsider?

Consider

I believe the scientific community already learned from that mistake, now I see less laughter and more of "too far fetched" kind of reaction.

15-05-2014, 06:19 PM
Blush stupid question ahead warning Blush

I'm watching the Faraday episode again, how did he generate all the electricity for all of the experiments?

"Life is a daring adventure or it is nothing"--Helen Keller
15-05-2014, 07:18 PM
(15-05-2014 06:19 PM)Bows and Arrows Wrote:  Blush stupid question ahead warning Blush

I'm watching the Faraday episode again, how did he generate all the electricity for all of the experiments?

Not stupid at all, Wikipedia says that before the connection between magnetism and electricity was found they used electrostatic generators http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Electrostatic_generator