Cosmos: TONIGHT

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
09-03-2014, 01:02 PM
RE: Cosmos: TONIGHT
(09-03-2014 12:31 PM)Raptor Jesus Wrote:  
(09-03-2014 12:28 PM)undergroundp Wrote:  Because I don't live in the US. I'm pretty sure I won't be able to watch it when it's aired. At least I've never been able to watch anything American ever live.

Sadcryface WHAT!!!!! You mean you're hiding your pretty face in another country?! I don't approve. You should be in the US. Our country is an uglier place without you here.

Sad...

Awww thank you Hug

I'd love to be there but no one wants me to stay at their place Unsure

Many verses are like silver threads
tied on the chimes of the stars-
if you pull them,
a silver peal makes the horizon vibrate.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
09-03-2014, 01:03 PM
(09-03-2014 12:57 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  
(09-03-2014 12:48 PM)evenheathen Wrote:  Our cable = cancelled = non existent. I got jack on the tube unless I'm casting it or it's a DVD.

Ah well...we're screwed in this area if we completely cancelled our cable. But a few of my friends in California can still get regular tv and don't pay a dime.
Undecided

You'll have to wait for the DVD then. Sad

Fox is a network and is broadcast over regular airwaves. Does your TV have an antenna? You might be able to get the channel even without an antenna.

Check out my atheism blog. It's just a blog, no ads, no revenue, no gods.
----
Atheism promotes critical thinking; theism promotes hypocritical thinking. -- Me
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes WillHopp's post
09-03-2014, 01:06 PM
(09-03-2014 01:03 PM)WillHopp Wrote:  
(09-03-2014 12:57 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  Ah well...we're screwed in this area if we completely cancelled our cable. But a few of my friends in California can still get regular tv and don't pay a dime.
Undecided

You'll have to wait for the DVD then. Sad

Fox is a network and is broadcast over regular airwaves. Does your TV have an antenna? You might be able to get the channel even without an antenna.

If your tv doesn't have an antenna built in, you'll have to buy one, and a digital converter box I believe. Iirc they aren't too expensive

"The truth is that as a man’s real power grows and his knowledge widens, ever the way he can follow grows narrower: until at last he chooses nothing, but does only and wholly what he must do . . .”
[+] 1 user Likes Smercury44's post
09-03-2014, 01:10 PM
looking forward to it!

"Life is a daring adventure or it is nothing"--Helen Keller
09-03-2014, 01:11 PM
maybe you can skype and watch someone else's tv?

"Life is a daring adventure or it is nothing"--Helen Keller
[+] 1 user Likes Bows and Arrows's post
09-03-2014, 01:14 PM
(09-03-2014 12:15 PM)undergroundp Wrote:  
(09-03-2014 12:02 PM)Alex_Leonardo Wrote:  I swear, when they said "theory of evolution" and "the universe came from a single ATOM!" (Supposed to be singularity.) in the trailer,
I'm like, oh this is going to be a bastardized-new-earth-creationists version. (or they don't want to enrage creationists by not saying "theory.")
I'm more excited for through the wormhole with Morgan Freeman and Futurescape.

Uuum... you're not joking, are you?

The theory of evolution is a scientific theory.

Ann Druyan (Carl Sagan's wife), Seth MacFarlane and Neil Degrasse Tyson are involved in this. How could it possibly be a "bastardized-new-earth-creationists" version?

Unless of course you are joking.
It's because they didn't just say "evolution."
Think of when a religious person says "it's just a theory."
Most people don't know the real definition of theory, and think it mean's it's only a very under-supported hypothesis. By saying "theory of evolution" instead of "evolution" to those people who don't know what "theory" means, they think they aren't saying it's completely true, and causing religious people to not say "you're imposing beliefs upon us!"
And I also said this:
Quote: (or they don't want to enrage creationists by not saying "theory.")

[Image: v0jpzpT.png]
[+] 1 user Likes Alex_Leonardo's post
09-03-2014, 01:22 PM
(09-03-2014 01:14 PM)Alex_Leonardo Wrote:  
(09-03-2014 12:15 PM)undergroundp Wrote:  Uuum... you're not joking, are you?

The theory of evolution is a scientific theory.

Ann Druyan (Carl Sagan's wife), Seth MacFarlane and Neil Degrasse Tyson are involved in this. How could it possibly be a "bastardized-new-earth-creationists" version?

Unless of course you are joking.
It's because they didn't just say "evolution."
Most people don't know the real definition of theory, and think it mean's it's only a very under-supported hypothesis. By saying "theory of evolution" instead of "evolution" to those people who don't know what "theory" means, they think they aren't saying it's completely true, and causing religious people to not say "you're imposing beliefs upon us!"
And I also said this:
Quote: (or they don't want to enrage creationists by not saying "theory.")

And you're basing this solely on a sound-bite promoting the show?

The sun rises in the West and the bird shits on the coffeetable.

09-03-2014, 02:01 PM
(09-03-2014 01:22 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  
(09-03-2014 01:14 PM)Alex_Leonardo Wrote:  It's because they didn't just say "evolution."
And I also said this:

And you're basing this solely on a sound-bite promoting the show?

Sounds misinterpreted to me. Not to mention, seth macfarlane is doing the production. He's certainly not afraid to offend people. With his enthusiasm of science, Sagan's widow (who is also incredibly motivational and excited), and the educational speaking splendor of Mr. Neil deGrasse Tyson, I have nothing but fantastic expectations.

Official ordained minister of the Church of the Flying Spaghetti Monster. Please pm me with prayer requests to his noodly goodness. Remember, he boiled for your sins and loves you. Carbo Diem! RAmen.
09-03-2014, 02:01 PM
(09-03-2014 10:42 AM)donotwant Wrote:  Content is unavailable in my country. Way to go america!
(09-03-2014 10:50 AM)undergroundp Wrote:  [Image: excited-child.gif]
Too bad I can't watch it Weeping
if its blocked in your country just use a proxy.Thumbsup

Dreams/Hallucinations/delusions are not evidence
Wishful thinking is not evidence
Disproved statements&Illogical conclusions are not evidence
Logical fallacies&Unsubstantiated claims are not evidence
Vague prophecies is not evidence
Data that requires a certain belief is not evidence
[+] 1 user Likes IndianAtheist's post
09-03-2014, 02:05 PM
(09-03-2014 01:06 PM)Smercury44 Wrote:  
(09-03-2014 01:03 PM)WillHopp Wrote:  Fox is a network and is broadcast over regular airwaves. Does your TV have an antenna? You might be able to get the channel even without an antenna.

If your tv doesn't have an antenna built in, you'll have to buy one, and a digital converter box I believe. Iirc they aren't too expensive

Yeah, but that would involve me actually going to a store. It's sunday, I ain't doing shit except for cooking delicious food and taking my kid to the park later. Tongue

I'll catch it a day or two after someone uploads it. Until then, no spoilers! I don't wanna know how it ends!

But now I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.

~ Umberto Eco