Cosmos: TONIGHT

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
09-03-2014, 02:14 PM
RE: Cosmos: TONIGHT
(09-03-2014 01:14 PM)Alex_Leonardo Wrote:  It's because they didn't just say "evolution."
Think of when a religious person says "it's just a theory."
Most people don't know the real definition of theory, and think it mean's it's only a very under-supported hypothesis. By saying "theory of evolution" instead of "evolution" to those people who don't know what "theory" means, they think they aren't saying it's completely true, and causing religious people to not say "you're imposing beliefs upon us!"
And I also said this:
Quote: (or they don't want to enrage creationists by not saying "theory.")

Just because a religious person thinks that a scientific theory is "just a theory" scientists should stop using the word "theory" on TV?

(09-03-2014 02:01 PM)IndianAtheist Wrote:  if its blocked in your country just use a proxy.Thumbsup

I had no idea I could do this Ohmy Thank you!
Nevermind, I just realized I can't watch it anyway because at the time it will be aired, I will be sleeping anyway. Oh well, useful to have anyway, I've been blocked so many times!

Many verses are like silver threads
tied on the chimes of the stars-
if you pull them,
a silver peal makes the horizon vibrate.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like undergroundp's post
09-03-2014, 02:17 PM
(09-03-2014 02:14 PM)undergroundp Wrote:  
(09-03-2014 01:14 PM)Alex_Leonardo Wrote:  It's because they didn't just say "evolution."
Think of when a religious person says "it's just a theory."
Most people don't know the real definition of theory, and think it mean's it's only a very under-supported hypothesis. By saying "theory of evolution" instead of "evolution" to those people who don't know what "theory" means, they think they aren't saying it's completely true, and causing religious people to not say "you're imposing beliefs upon us!"
And I also said this:

Just because a religious person thinks that a scientific theory is "just a theory" scientists should stop using the word "theory" on TV?

(09-03-2014 02:01 PM)IndianAtheist Wrote:  if its blocked in your country just use a proxy.Thumbsup

Nevermind, I just realized I can't watch it anyway because at the time it will be aired, I will be sleeping anyway. Oh well, useful to have anyway, I've been blocked so many times!

Gravity is just a theory. Guess we should stop referring to it as so because of the common ignoramus misunderstanding of what a theory is.

Official ordained minister of the Church of the Flying Spaghetti Monster. Please pm me with prayer requests to his noodly goodness. Remember, he boiled for your sins and loves you. Carbo Diem! RAmen.
[+] 1 user Likes Logisch's post
09-03-2014, 02:22 PM
(09-03-2014 02:17 PM)Logisch Wrote:  Gravity is just a theory. Guess we should stop referring to it as so because of the common ignoramus misunderstanding of what a theory is.

Onward, my faithful steed!
[Image: ezgif-save_zps4d93a674.gif?t=1395781443]
[+] 2 users Like Crulax's post
09-03-2014, 02:37 PM
(09-03-2014 02:17 PM)Logisch Wrote:  
(09-03-2014 02:14 PM)undergroundp Wrote:  Just because a religious person thinks that a scientific theory is "just a theory" scientists should stop using the word "theory" on TV?

Gravity is just a theory. Guess we should stop referring to it as so because of the common ignoramus misunderstanding of what a theory is.

There is also the germ theory of disease, the atomic theory of matter, cell theory of living organisms, etc....

[+] 2 users Like Raptor Jesus's post
09-03-2014, 02:39 PM
(09-03-2014 02:37 PM)Raptor Jesus Wrote:  
(09-03-2014 02:17 PM)Logisch Wrote:  Gravity is just a theory. Guess we should stop referring to it as so because of the common ignoramus misunderstanding of what a theory is.

There is also the germ theory of disease, the atomic theory of matter, cell theory of living organisms, etc....

Yep gotta stop referring to those too! Gosh darn it. Laughat

Official ordained minister of the Church of the Flying Spaghetti Monster. Please pm me with prayer requests to his noodly goodness. Remember, he boiled for your sins and loves you. Carbo Diem! RAmen.
09-03-2014, 02:40 PM
It's just a theory that our bodies are made up of cells. But it might not be true, because after all, it is "just" a theory...

09-03-2014, 03:30 PM
Yaaaaaa. My mom told me that it was coming on tonight.

[Image: get_some_by_addmedia-d78ip4k.gif] All request for metazoa info and my larger projects should be sent PM
09-03-2014, 03:32 PM
Angry it doesn't help that I keep seeing commercials for the show all day!!! I'll be sooo many people will be watching tonight. I hope it's amazing!!!

Ok, as I was typing this ANOTHER commercial played Laugh out load

People used to laugh at me when I would say "I want to be a comedian". Well nobody is laughing now!

You can never lose a homing pigeon - if your homing pigeon doesn't come back, what you've lost is a pigeon.
09-03-2014, 03:33 PM
I was worried I'd miss it... But its just on like 50 channels... So I set as many to record as I could, just in case fox "interrupt this program to bring you a less blasphemous, family friendly program."
[+] 1 user Likes WeAreTheCosmos's post
09-03-2014, 03:46 PM
Anyone find it streaming yet? We cancelled our satellite years ago, and there no such thing as free TV out here in the country.we are strictly internet, but I REALLY wanna see this when it airs. Otherwise it may be days waiting for a decent upload. Sad

Just visiting.

-SR