Cosmos: TONIGHT

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
09-03-2014, 03:49 PM
RE: Cosmos: TONIGHT
(09-03-2014 03:46 PM)Stark Raving Wrote:  Anyone find it streaming yet? We cancelled our satellite years ago, and there no such thing as free TV out here in the country.we are strictly internet, but I REALLY wanna see this when it airs. Otherwise it may be days waiting for a decent upload. Sad

http://www.hulu.com/cosmos-a-spacetime-odyssey
http://new.livestream.com/fox/cosmosliveevent

Official ordained minister of the Church of the Flying Spaghetti Monster. Please pm me with prayer requests to his noodly goodness. Remember, he boiled for your sins and loves you. Carbo Diem! RAmen.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like Logisch's post
09-03-2014, 04:00 PM
(09-03-2014 03:49 PM)Logisch Wrote:  
(09-03-2014 03:46 PM)Stark Raving Wrote:  Anyone find it streaming yet? We cancelled our satellite years ago, and there no such thing as free TV out here in the country.we are strictly internet, but I REALLY wanna see this when it airs. Otherwise it may be days waiting for a decent upload. Sad

http://www.hulu.com/cosmos-a-spacetime-odyssey

the livestream link says the event is cancelled....I think it was a few days ago.

"It's all bullshit, we know it, and you know it, you're either to fucking stupid to realize it, or too chickenshit to admit it." -pablo. Bowing
09-03-2014, 04:02 PM
(09-03-2014 04:00 PM)Bows and Arrows Wrote:  
(09-03-2014 03:49 PM)Logisch Wrote:  http://www.hulu.com/cosmos-a-spacetime-odyssey

the livestream link says the event is cancelled....I think it was a few days ago.

Yeah, that was just a panel with the creators who were discussing the program. You can click on it and watch it, but it's not the program itself. Just them discussing it.

09-03-2014, 04:05 PM
(09-03-2014 04:02 PM)Raptor Jesus Wrote:  
(09-03-2014 04:00 PM)Bows and Arrows Wrote:  the livestream link says the event is cancelled....I think it was a few days ago.

Yeah, that was just a panel with the creators who were discussing the program. You can click on it and watch it, but it's not the program itself. Just them discussing it.

I must have misunderstood, my bad. BUT, Hulu is streaming it.

Official ordained minister of the Church of the Flying Spaghetti Monster. Please pm me with prayer requests to his noodly goodness. Remember, he boiled for your sins and loves you. Carbo Diem! RAmen.
[+] 1 user Likes Logisch's post
09-03-2014, 04:08 PM
Yup, looks like Hulu is a go. Thanks!

[Image: StarkLord01.gif]
09-03-2014, 04:51 PM
(09-03-2014 02:01 PM)Logisch Wrote:  
(09-03-2014 01:22 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And you're basing this solely on a sound-bite promoting the show?

Sounds misinterpreted to me. Not to mention, seth macfarlane is doing the production. He's certainly not afraid to offend people. With his enthusiasm of science, Sagan's widow (who is also incredibly motivational and excited), and the educational speaking splendor of Mr. Neil deGrasse Tyson, I have nothing but fantastic expectations.

It is a misinterpretation. I just saw it (video below).

It actually says, verbatim from the narrator, "This March, take an amazing journey, from the big bang, to the theory of evolution. From the origins of life, to a mass extinction. From the secretes of sunlight, to the mysterious of the cosmos."

Then you see Neil deGrasse Tyson on screen say, "Our entire universe emerged from a point smaller than a single atom."

Then it continues with more narration.

That was all. Nothing to get worked up about...

[+] 3 users Like Raptor Jesus's post
09-03-2014, 05:38 PM
(09-03-2014 01:06 PM)Smercury44 Wrote:  
(09-03-2014 01:03 PM)WillHopp Wrote:  Fox is a network and is broadcast over regular airwaves. Does your TV have an antenna? You might be able to get the channel even without an antenna.

If your tv doesn't have an antenna built in, you'll have to buy one, and a digital converter box I believe. Iirc they aren't too expensive

No converter needed for a digital TV..

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
09-03-2014, 05:47 PM
(09-03-2014 05:38 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(09-03-2014 01:06 PM)Smercury44 Wrote:  If your tv doesn't have an antenna built in, you'll have to buy one, and a digital converter box I believe. Iirc they aren't too expensive

No converter needed for a digital TV..
Oh, I know. I just though most digital TVs came with an antenna built in. Is that not the case?

[Image: dlapuo244d3.png]
09-03-2014, 05:51 PM
Some do.. some don't.

[+] 1 user Likes Logisch's post
09-03-2014, 05:54 PM
Eh. The thing there is that any TV old enough to have a built in antenna is probably old enough that native OTA tuning is analog; anything new would be digital but it's not likely to have an antenna. Course, depending on where exactly you live, you might not need an antenna for some signals - that, or even if you have one there might be no signals.

... this is my signature!