Cosmos: TONIGHT

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
09-03-2014, 10:36 PM
RE: Cosmos: TONIGHT
Anyone know anywhere where this is online yet?
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Hobbitgirl's post
09-03-2014, 10:42 PM
(09-03-2014 10:36 PM)Hobbitgirl Wrote:  Anyone know anywhere where this is online yet?

Not fucking Hulu.........

Weeping

But now I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.

~ Umberto Eco
09-03-2014, 10:47 PM
(09-03-2014 10:42 PM)evenheathen Wrote:  
(09-03-2014 10:36 PM)Hobbitgirl Wrote:  Anyone know anywhere where this is online yet?

Not fucking Hulu.........

Weeping

I'm sorry Sad Hug

I hope that the world turns, and things get better. But what I hope most of all is that you understand what I mean when I tell you that, even though I do not know you, and even though I may never meet you, laugh with you, cry with you, or kiss you, I love you. With all my heart, I love you. - V for Vendetta
[+] 1 user Likes Smercury44's post
09-03-2014, 11:49 PM
(09-03-2014 10:47 PM)Smercury44 Wrote:  
(09-03-2014 10:42 PM)evenheathen Wrote:  Not fucking Hulu.........

Weeping

I'm sorry Sad Hug

I'll be okay. Eventually. But thanks.

Sadcryface

Sadcryface2

Weeping

But now I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.

~ Umberto Eco
10-03-2014, 01:12 AM
(09-03-2014 02:17 PM)Logisch Wrote:  
(09-03-2014 02:14 PM)undergroundp Wrote:  Just because a religious person thinks that a scientific theory is "just a theory" scientists should stop using the word "theory" on TV?

I had no idea I could do this Ohmy Thank you!
Nevermind, I just realized I can't watch it anyway because at the time it will be aired, I will be sleeping anyway. Oh well, useful to have anyway, I've been blocked so many times!

Gravity is just a theory. Guess we should stop referring to it as so because of the common ignoramus misunderstanding of what a theory is.
(I know you are being sarcastic.)
Yes, because if something isn't working, you fix it or replace it.
How does "Cell fact" or "Fact of gravity" sound?Laugh out load
"Evolutionary fact"

[Image: v0jpzpT.png]
[+] 1 user Likes Alex_Leonardo's post
10-03-2014, 05:41 AM
(10-03-2014 01:12 AM)Alex_Leonardo Wrote:  
(09-03-2014 02:17 PM)Logisch Wrote:  Gravity is just a theory. Guess we should stop referring to it as so because of the common ignoramus misunderstanding of what a theory is.
(I know you are being sarcastic.)
Yes, because if something isn't working, you fix it or replace it.
How does "Cell fact" or "Fact of gravity" sound?Laugh out load
"Evolutionary fact"

I had a similar conversation yesterday, about the etymology of the word "from Greek theoria "contemplation, speculation; a looking at, viewing; a sight, show, spectacle, things looked at," from theorein "to consider, speculate, look at," from theoros "spectator," from thea "a view" (see theater) + horan "to see" (see warrant (n.))."

The guy was trying to convince me that scientists shouldn't have used the word "theory", since it doesn't mean what they are using it for, so we shouldn't use it either.

Once things go "official", even if it's a wrong translation and/or use, there's not much you can do about it.

"Behind every great pirate, there is a great butt."
-Guybrush Threepwood-
10-03-2014, 06:50 AM
Well, I hope subsequent episodes are better than the first one. Dodgy

I found it shallow in ideas and choppy in presentation. My hope is that they are hoping to sucker the rubes into watching.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
10-03-2014, 06:57 AM
(10-03-2014 06:50 AM)Chas Wrote:  Well, I hope subsequent episodes are better than the first one. Dodgy

I found it shallow in ideas and choppy in presentation. My hope is that they are hoping to sucker the rubes into watching.

I must admit I was worried that might happen when they said they were remaking it rather than doing something original. That's never a good sign. I hope they haven't turned it into a presenter-centric ego fest like the Brian Cox wonders programs.

Hate the belief, love the believer.
10-03-2014, 07:06 AM
I loved it, I thought it was great. I set my DVR for the series, can't wait!

Official ordained minister of the Church of the Flying Spaghetti Monster. Please pm me with prayer requests to his noodly goodness. Remember, he boiled for your sins and loves you. Carbo Diem! RAmen.
[+] 1 user Likes Logisch's post
10-03-2014, 07:20 AM
(10-03-2014 07:06 AM)Logisch Wrote:  I loved it, I thought it was great. I set my DVR for the series, can't wait!

Well, I didn't dislike it; I just think it could have been a whole lot better.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Chas's post