Costco - is it worth it?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
04-06-2015, 05:58 PM
Costco - is it worth it?
I have never been in a Costco but am wondering if it would be beneficial to join.

So, tell me what you think of being a member of Costco, what your favorite purchases are, what you always purchase there, what you never purchase there...

Go-

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
04-06-2015, 06:04 PM
RE: Costco - is it worth it?
I was a member of Costco. I think Costco is good if you like to buy things in bulk--and I mean in BULK. If you are single person or a couple (as in my situation), I did not really see the benefit of Costco. However, if you have a family--I think the savings of buying in bulk are rather good. They do have everything there...
[+] 1 user Likes jennybee's post
04-06-2015, 06:11 PM
we shop at Costco. their brand "Kirkland" is pretty good. our fav is the TP. Some stock rotates brands, for a few months they were carrying Nexxus shampoo & conditioner, now its TIGI Bedhead. Other brands they have year round.

I have bought tires there, eyeglasses for the kid, a backyard playset, wine, books, clothes, beach equipment, as well as food stuff.

"Life is a daring adventure or it is nothing"--Helen Keller
04-06-2015, 06:15 PM
(04-06-2015 06:04 PM)jennybee Wrote:  I was a member of Costco. I think Costco is good if you like to buy things in bulk--and I mean in BULK. If you are single person or a couple (as in my situation), I did not really see the benefit of Costco. However, if you have a family--I think the savings of buying in bulk are rather good. They do have everything there...

I second that. Thumbsup

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
04-06-2015, 06:16 PM
Your glasses will be $300 instead of $600 even if you have presbyopia ad astigmatism. New tires will set you back $500 instead of $1000.

There is only one really serious philosophical question, and that is suicide. -Camus
[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post
04-06-2015, 06:16 PM
(04-06-2015 05:58 PM)Anjele Wrote:  I have never been in a Costco but am wondering if it would be beneficial to join.

So, tell me what you think of being a member of Costco, what your favorite purchases are, what you always purchase there, what you never purchase there...

Go-

I dunno.

Sounds Costly.

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
04-06-2015, 06:17 PM
I do have a small chest freezer that's usually pretty empty, so I have storage for frozen stuff.

I may have to check it out...will they let you visit to check it out without buying a membership first?

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat
04-06-2015, 06:21 PM
(04-06-2015 06:17 PM)Anjele Wrote:  I do have a small chest freezer that's usually pretty empty, so I have storage for frozen stuff.

I may have to check it out...will they let you visit to check it out without buying a membership first?

You could probably walk in and look around. I don't remember them checking to see if we had a card just to get in the door. I don't think they will let you buy anything without a membership, but you could call and ask.
04-06-2015, 06:22 PM
(04-06-2015 06:17 PM)Anjele Wrote:  I do have a small chest freezer that's usually pretty empty, so I have storage for frozen stuff.

Yes - you can waltz in and look around, see what they have, check prices.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
04-06-2015, 06:24 PM
(04-06-2015 06:16 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  Your glasses will be $300 instead of $600 even if you have presbyopia ad astigmatism.

Yabut...my glasses were only $99 at WarbyParker... Cool

"I feel as though the camera is almost a kind of voyeur in Mr. Beans life, and you just watch this bizarre man going about his life in the way that he wants to."

-Rowan Atkinson