Costco - is it worth it?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
04-06-2015, 05:58 PM
Costco - is it worth it?
I have never been in a Costco but am wondering if it would be beneficial to join.

So, tell me what you think of being a member of Costco, what your favorite purchases are, what you always purchase there, what you never purchase there...

Go-

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
04-06-2015, 06:04 PM
RE: Costco - is it worth it?
I was a member of Costco. I think Costco is good if you like to buy things in bulk--and I mean in BULK. If you are single person or a couple (as in my situation), I did not really see the benefit of Costco. However, if you have a family--I think the savings of buying in bulk are rather good. They do have everything there...

"Let the waters settle and you will see the moon and stars mirrored in your own being." -Rumi
[+] 1 user Likes jennybee's post
04-06-2015, 06:11 PM
we shop at Costco. their brand "Kirkland" is pretty good. our fav is the TP. Some stock rotates brands, for a few months they were carrying Nexxus shampoo & conditioner, now its TIGI Bedhead. Other brands they have year round.

I have bought tires there, eyeglasses for the kid, a backyard playset, wine, books, clothes, beach equipment, as well as food stuff.

"Life is a daring adventure or it is nothing"--Helen Keller
04-06-2015, 06:15 PM
(04-06-2015 06:04 PM)jennybee Wrote:  I was a member of Costco. I think Costco is good if you like to buy things in bulk--and I mean in BULK. If you are single person or a couple (as in my situation), I did not really see the benefit of Costco. However, if you have a family--I think the savings of buying in bulk are rather good. They do have everything there...

I second that. Thumbsup

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
04-06-2015, 06:16 PM
Your glasses will be $300 instead of $600 even if you have presbyopia ad astigmatism. New tires will set you back $500 instead of $1000.

#sigh
[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post
04-06-2015, 06:16 PM
(04-06-2015 05:58 PM)Anjele Wrote:  I have never been in a Costco but am wondering if it would be beneficial to join.

So, tell me what you think of being a member of Costco, what your favorite purchases are, what you always purchase there, what you never purchase there...

Go-

I dunno.

Sounds Costly.

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
04-06-2015, 06:17 PM
I do have a small chest freezer that's usually pretty empty, so I have storage for frozen stuff.

I may have to check it out...will they let you visit to check it out without buying a membership first?

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
04-06-2015, 06:21 PM
(04-06-2015 06:17 PM)Anjele Wrote:  I do have a small chest freezer that's usually pretty empty, so I have storage for frozen stuff.

I may have to check it out...will they let you visit to check it out without buying a membership first?

You could probably walk in and look around. I don't remember them checking to see if we had a card just to get in the door. I don't think they will let you buy anything without a membership, but you could call and ask.

"Let the waters settle and you will see the moon and stars mirrored in your own being." -Rumi
04-06-2015, 06:22 PM
(04-06-2015 06:17 PM)Anjele Wrote:  I do have a small chest freezer that's usually pretty empty, so I have storage for frozen stuff.

Yes - you can waltz in and look around, see what they have, check prices.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
04-06-2015, 06:24 PM
(04-06-2015 06:16 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  Your glasses will be $300 instead of $600 even if you have presbyopia ad astigmatism.

Yabut...my glasses were only $99 at WarbyParker... Cool

"I feel as though the camera is almost a kind of voyeur in Mr. Beans life, and you just watch this bizarre man going about his life in the way that he wants to."

-Rowan Atkinson