Costco puts the Bible in the fiction section!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
20-11-2013, 04:49 PM
RE: Costco puts the Bible in the fiction section!
(19-11-2013 10:48 PM)Adrianime Wrote:  Hahaha, not sure if this counts as World news, but it's awesome.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/11/19...04784.html
That's great! Smile

From the linked site:
Quote:Kaltenbach is the lead pastor at Discovery Church, a non-denominational Christian congregation located in southern California. He told Starnes, "People are pretty shocked and upset. We are supposed to be living in an era of tolerance, but what Costco did doesn’t seem too tolerant.”
I bet this pastor thinks filling peoples' heads with lies is "tolerant" though. Dodgy Especially if it brings in lots of cash.

"Religion has caused more misery to all of mankind in every stage of human history than any other single idea." --Madalyn Murray O'Hair
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
20-11-2013, 04:49 PM
(20-11-2013 02:08 PM)Can_of_Beans Wrote:  
(19-11-2013 11:03 PM)Chas Wrote:  Truth in labeling. Thumbsup

Almost.... They still need a Excl WARNING: GRAPHIC CONTENT Excl sticker.

Just imagine the outrage if kids under 18 weren't allowed to buy a Bible w/o a parent or guardian. Smile

Caution; This material contains graphical content including rape, genocide, infanticide, slavery, torture, animal cruelty and ritualistic sacrifice along with justifications and encouragement for all these things and more. This content may be harmful to humans. Recommended age + 100 years.

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
[+] 3 users Like Free Thought's post
20-11-2013, 04:53 PM
"Costco has issued an apology to Fox News, stating, 'Costco's distributor mislabeled a small percentage of the Bibles, however we take responsibility and should have caught the mistake. We are correcting this with them for future distribution. In addition, we are immediately relabeling all mislabeled Bibles. We greatly apologize for this error.'"

Bury me with my guns on, so when I reach the other side - I can show him what it feels like to die.
Bury me with my guns on, so when I'm cast out of the sky, I can shoot the devil right between the eyes.
20-11-2013, 04:54 PM
From the OP:
Quote:Starnes raised the issue to pastor and author Robert Jeffress, who said, "Let’s hope Costco’s explanation is true and not the result of having been caught attempting to marginalize the very foundation of Christian beliefs, the Bible. Christians need to call out organizations like Costco whose actions undermine Christianity – regardless of whether those actions are accidental or intentional.”
Because this is part of a larger war against Christianity. The forces of evil are clearly behind this label.

Give me your argument in the form of a published paper, and then we can start to talk.
20-11-2013, 04:59 PM
(20-11-2013 04:53 PM)Question Wrote:  "Costco has issued an apology to Fox News, stating, 'Costco's distributor mislabeled a small percentage of the Bibles, however we take responsibility and should have caught the mistake. We are correcting this with them for future distribution. In addition, we are immediately relabeling all mislabeled Bibles. We greatly apologize for this error.'"
So, in other words, they're about to make another error.

"Religion has caused more misery to all of mankind in every stage of human history than any other single idea." --Madalyn Murray O'Hair
[+] 1 user Likes Impulse's post
20-11-2013, 05:00 PM
(20-11-2013 04:54 PM)Hafnof Wrote:  From the OP:
Quote:Starnes raised the issue to pastor and author Robert Jeffress, who said, "Let’s hope Costco’s explanation is true and not the result of having been caught attempting to marginalize the very foundation of Christian beliefs, the Bible. Christians need to call out organizations like Costco whose actions undermine Christianity – regardless of whether those actions are accidental or intentional.”
Because this is part of a larger war against Christianity. The forces of evil are clearly behind this label.

Yeah, satan probably possessed some guy at costco and told it to do him after he got done listening to AC/DC highway to hell.

Official ordained minister of the Church of the Flying Spaghetti Monster. Please pm me with prayer requests to his noodly goodness. Remember, he boiled for your sins and loves you. Carbo Diem! RAmen.
20-11-2013, 05:01 PM
(20-11-2013 04:53 PM)Question Wrote:  "Costco has issued an apology to Fox News, stating, 'Costco's distributor mislabeled a small percentage of the Bibles, however we take responsibility and should have caught the mistake. We are correcting this with them for future distribution. In addition, we are immediately relabeling all mislabeled Bibles. We greatly apologize for this error.'"

Damn shame! Haha, but honestly that's the only logical solution from the business perspective. Gotta make them dollars, and it's pretty hard to do that by angering your biggest consumer demographic.
20-11-2013, 05:04 PM
How should stores categorize the Bible?

Fiction 47.92%
Nonfiction 19.35%
Other 32.72
What would other be tho?

Bury me with my guns on, so when I reach the other side - I can show him what it feels like to die.
Bury me with my guns on, so when I'm cast out of the sky, I can shoot the devil right between the eyes.
20-11-2013, 05:17 PM
(20-11-2013 05:04 PM)Question Wrote:  How should stores categorize the Bible?

Fiction 47.92%
Nonfiction 19.35%
Other 32.72
What would other be tho?

"Supernatural/Religious" section.
Which should go next to the "Unproven medicine and health" section
20-11-2013, 05:19 PM
(20-11-2013 05:04 PM)Question Wrote:  How should stores categorize the Bible?

Fiction 47.92%
Nonfiction 19.35%
Other 32.72
What would other be tho?

"religion"

It's not really different than fiction, but theist can't see it

[Image: sigvacachica.png]