Couch Potato Diet

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
18-12-2012, 06:20 PM
Couch Potato Diet
Wanna lose some weight? Eat whole grains, bitter melon, and prebiotics to wipe out this little fucker in your gut.

An opportunistic pathogen isolated from the gut of an obese human causes obesity in germfree mice

Big fat Chinese dude went from 385 to 270 in 23 weeks, reversed his diabetes, brought his cholesterol, liver enzymes and blood pressure into range and most importantly, WAS PREVENTED FROM EXERCISING to not confound the study.

I'm gonna give it a go. Guy at work says "Bob, you got a study with n=1." "You're forgetting about the mice, Fred, you're forgetting the mice. That, and the MOA makes sense."

I already take inulin as a prebiotic. I typically avoid grains of any sort, but fuck it, I'll give whole grains a go. Bitter melon has been used in TCM for diabetes for a long time. Now I just gotta figure out how to make that nasty shit palatable.

This is not my signature.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post
18-12-2012, 07:47 PM
RE: Couch Potato Diet
Seems deceptive.

I have no doubt what they say about this bacteria is true, but if you swap from whatever you normally eat to just whole grain and melon (that really does sound unpalatable, I'm not a fan of either also, unless it's watermelon, I fucking love watermelon) then of course you are going to lose weight.
If you're nearly 180kgs which is fucking huge! then obviously you eat right to begin with.
Cut all that fatty unhealthy food out and of course you're gonna lose weight.

Still, worth a try.

[Image: 3cdac7eec8f6b059070d9df56f50a7ae.jpg]
23-12-2012, 05:35 PM
Wanna lose weight? Start exercising and cut the junk food. End of story.

Not that I'm an expert in any health shit, nor have I been fat and then lost weight, but it's common sense people. Come on.

Whenever I see a magical diet or a "low carb" diet that's promising to make you lose 5 zillion pounds, I just think, seriously people stop fooling yourselfs.
23-12-2012, 05:42 PM