Could 'Frankenstorm' be a sign from God?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
30-10-2012, 10:49 AM (This post was last modified: 30-10-2012 10:59 AM by Aseptic Skeptic.)
RE: Could 'Frankenstorm' be a sign from God?
It is definitely a sign from God, and He's telling you...

... Whatever you want it to mean.

The End of Times is nigh.
Atlantic City is flooded because of sinners.
Washington D.C. is flooded because of evil politicians.
The whole thing is because America is full of sin.
It's a little-bitty "Great Flood" to warn all of mankind to get right with God before he has to create a real global catastrophe.

Or maybe it's Halloween-ish and God meant to send us some Candy but spelled it wrong and we got Sandy instead.

Spelled it wrong? God? Sure, why not? English is not his native tongue. Heck, it's something like the 800th language he's learned, give or take. Cut him a little slack, will ya?

"Whores perform the same function as priests, but far more thoroughly." - Robert A. Heinlein
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
30-10-2012, 10:52 AM
(29-10-2012 04:24 PM)kpax Wrote:  http://www.wnd.com/2012/10/could-franken...at_orig=us

Quote:America’s eastern seaboard is in a state of emergency, stocking up on food and battening down the hatches as it anticipates a ferocious weather event some insurance companies would refer to as “an act of God.”

But could the “Frankenstorm” – the feared combined forces of a wintery land storm with Hurricane Sandy – actually be a message from the Almighty?

Sure. And every hurricane, tornado, mud slide, earthquake, tsunami, volcanic eruption, and flood could be a message from God. I believe that message would be "you're screwed by me because I can".

"Religion has caused more misery to all of mankind in every stage of human history than any other single idea." --Madalyn Murray O'Hair
30-10-2012, 03:01 PM
It troubles me that people in the modern era would invoke god for natural disasters.

Member of the Cult of Reason

The atheist is a man who destroys the imaginary things which afflict the human race, and so leads men back to nature, to experience and to reason.
-Baron d'Holbach-
Bitcion:1DNeQMswMdvx4xLPP6qNE7RkeTwXGC7Bzp
30-10-2012, 06:57 PM
(30-10-2012 03:01 PM)fstratzero Wrote:  It troubles me that people in the modern era would invoke god for natural disasters.

The modern era is brand new; peeps are still learning how. Some of us are, at any rate.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Chas's post
30-10-2012, 07:01 PM
Nein.

(I tried to just say No, but apparently you need 5 characters to post).

Your beliefs do not make you a better person, your behavior does.
31-10-2012, 04:37 AM
(30-10-2012 07:01 PM)Debzilla Wrote:  I tried to just say No

Nancy Reagan would be proud of you. Yes

Just say no.

[Image: Just+Say+No+To+Bugs.png]

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein
Those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music - Friedrich Nietzsche
31-10-2012, 10:44 PM
Sign from god, maybe. Given what the bible tells us about god if he does exist, it would explain why the Jersey Shore house seems to be undamaged. That would show that god is a sick sadistic prick if indeed he exists.
31-10-2012, 11:03 PM
This is about as useful a question as wondering if the male penis is bigger than the female clitoris because god wants all men to have a better shot at auto-fellatio.

Leviticus does not justify stupidity, but it is more than enough to define corruption of the human mind.

[Image: 24851795.jpg]
[+] 2 users Like Matthew Laramore's post
01-11-2012, 01:16 AM
[Image: Nope_its_just_chuck_testa_66682.jpg]

E 2 = (mc 2)2 + (pc )2
614C → 714N + e + ̅νe
2 K(s) + 2 H2O(l) → 2 KOH(aq) + H2 (g) + 196 kJ/mol
It works, bitches.
01-11-2012, 03:18 AM
(31-10-2012 11:03 PM)Matthew Laramore Wrote:  This is about as useful a question as wondering if the male penis is bigger than the female clitoris because god wants all men to have a better shot at auto-fellatio.

This one just made me crack up.