Could I be pregnant?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
26-11-2012, 06:48 AM
RE: Could I be pregnant?
You're more than likely not pregnant; but you need to be more cautious in the future.

And yes, go get a morning after pill.

However, I'm pretty sure it screws up your BC. So, he needs to wear a condom for the next month.

[Image: vjp09.gif]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
26-11-2012, 06:55 AM
Welp.

Apparently the forum thinks I'm pregnant.

Why did my time stamp do that?

[Image: vjp09.gif]
[+] 12 users Like kingschosen's post
26-11-2012, 07:02 AM
If this is your regular time for your period then it is highly unlikely that you will become pregnant. How long has it been approximately since your last period?

I highly recommend tracking your cycle on a calendar. Make a dot with red ink on your calendar today, since you just started your period, do this every month on the day that you start your period. To figure out your fertile time of the month count backwards from that red dot 14-16 days - this is when you are ovulating, and most likely to get pregnant. A common mistake is to count forwards 14-16 days from the day you start your period, but this is not accurate, you have to count backwards.

That doesn't mean the rest of the month is pregnancy risk free. A sperm typically lives 2-3 days (but can live up to 7 days, though it is rare). So if you count backwards from the red dot on the calendar you need include the 2-3 days that a sperm lives if you have unprotected sex. If you are on a 28 day cycle you are at risk of pregnancy from day 11 to day 21 of your pregnancy. Do research on "fertility awareness", it will help you learn how to track your period and figure our very specifically your individual fertile days.

Have you been taking birth control pills regularly? If you have missed taking it more than two days and have sex you are at risk of pregnancy, light bleeding is common if you have missed taking the pill regularly and it could or could not be your period. Plan B emergency contraception is legal over the counter (no prescription needed, just ask the pharmacist) in a lot of places, some States or countries require a prescription, and other places it is outright illegal. Plan B will prevent pregnancy up to 3 days after having unprotected sex, so if you are really uncertain if this is actually your period and you aren't sure if you could be fertile right now you can take Plan B between today and Wednesday and it will prevent pregnancy. If you have insurance it might help cover the cost.
26-11-2012, 12:52 PM
Sad Could I be pregnant?
This may be a little too much to hear, but here it goes.

I had unprotected sex yesterday.
He pulled out, but as soon as he came, he went back in (not sure if he wiped it or not), my birth control has been weird, and I started my period today. I'm terrified.

Any help?
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
26-11-2012, 01:00 PM
The morning after pill?

[Image: dobie.png]

Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
26-11-2012, 01:01 PM
(26-11-2012 01:00 PM)Dom Wrote:  The morning after pill?
I took my pill about 7 this morning and now, about 1 I have started my period (it's really light).
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
26-11-2012, 01:03 PM
What do you mean your birth control has been "weird"? What type of birth control are you using, are you regular, is this period at the expected time?

If sounds as if it would be pretty unlikely for you to be pregnant. That said, if you want to be more sure, get and take Plan B. Or if you have an oral contraceptive available, go to this website, and see if it can be used as an emergency contraceptive and what dose to use. http://ec.princeton.edu/questions/dose.html#dose
26-11-2012, 01:04 PM
If you can't see your doctor today, go to the pharmacy and talk to the pharmacist about your concerns.

[Image: 3d366d5c-72a0-4228-b835-f404c2970188_zps...1381867723]
26-11-2012, 01:04 PM
(26-11-2012 01:01 PM)legendoflink Wrote:  
(26-11-2012 01:00 PM)Dom Wrote:  The morning after pill?
I took my pill about 7 this morning and now, about 1 I have started my period (it's really light).

No, there is a morning after pill. I don't mean your regular birth contro pill, I mean this:

http://www.plannedparenthood.org/health-...l-4363.asp

[Image: dobie.png]

Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
[+] 2 users Like Dom's post
26-11-2012, 01:11 PM
(26-11-2012 12:52 PM)legendoflink Wrote:  This may be a little too much to hear, but here it goes.

I had unprotected sex yesterday.
He pulled out, but as soon as he came, he went back in (not sure if he wiped it or not), my birth control has been weird, and I started my period today. I'm terrified.

Any help?
If you started your period, the likely hood of pregnancy is incredibly low. So I think you'll be fine.

Member of the Cult of Reason

The atheist is a man who destroys the imaginary things which afflict the human race, and so leads men back to nature, to experience and to reason.
-Baron d'Holbach-
Bitcion:1DNeQMswMdvx4xLPP6qNE7RkeTwXGC7Bzp