Could Ken Ham be on the footsteps of loosing his faith?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
18-08-2014, 08:52 AM
RE: Could Ken Ham be on the footsteps of loosing his faith?
(16-08-2014 02:01 PM)Shadow Fox Wrote:  This is the very first step in becoming an atheist people!

Do you think it will happen?

Even if he had said it, you'd be surprised at the amount of layers of nonfalsifiability and bullshit that a theist can wrap themselves in. If they want to hold onto their beliefs, they will, and it's really up to them to finally decide that all the bullshit they need to invent is more psychologically painful than simply admitting they're wrong and moving on with their lives.

That's actually a lot of how I stopped believing. I had enough ad hoc apologetics to stave off hard questions and scrutiny for a while. From what I can tell, I didn't stop believing because reason wore through them all; I stopped believing because I made so many up that I started to wonder "why am I so obsessed with following this religion that I know I'm creating?". I knew the god of the Bible couldn't literally be true, but I wanted something like it to be true.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes RobbyPants's post
18-08-2014, 05:48 PM
Yeah, So sorry about this guys. I saw where the font changed. A lot of times its just general notes from stuff that I don't really care to read or some other stuff that is usually not related to the topic when I see articles like this.

I guess I should had kept reading this time.
Of course, wandering around and finding something based on satire is something that has happened to me before.

Maybe I am just horrible at recognizing satire?

My Youtube channel if anyone is interested.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCEkRdbq...rLEz-0jEHQ
18-08-2014, 05:50 PM
They can keep Ken Hammy - we don't want him.

I'm not anti-social. I'm pro-solitude. Sleepy
18-08-2014, 07:56 PM
(16-08-2014 02:01 PM)Shadow Fox Wrote:  This is the very first step in becoming an atheist people!

Do you think it will happen?
Even if it had been true...
What? And forfeit all that money? Nope. No

"Religion has caused more misery to all of mankind in every stage of human history than any other single idea." --Madalyn Murray O'Hair
[+] 1 user Likes Impulse's post
19-08-2014, 06:34 AM
(18-08-2014 05:48 PM)Shadow Fox Wrote:  Yeah, So sorry about this guys. I saw where the font changed. A lot of times its just general notes from stuff that I don't really care to read or some other stuff that is usually not related to the topic when I see articles like this.

It happens. I fell for one less than a year ago. An article talked about Ted Cruz's father wanting atheists rounded up in camps and shot if they tried to escape. The article started with a kernel of truth (his dad did say some anti-atheistic things), but then it went into satire with the more outlandish claims. I missed the part at the bottom that said which parts were real and which were fake.

Cue me going across three sites where I'd posted the article and redacting all the incorrect parts.
[+] 1 user Likes RobbyPants's post