Could aliens be living on planets deep within black holes?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
12-04-2011, 12:53 PM

Could aliens be living on planets deep within black holes?
At the centre of some black holes is 'an area where space and time exists'

[Image: article-0-0B979CB200000578-412_634x365.jpg]
Home to aliens? Planets that orbit inside a charged and rotating black hole could exist, a scientist said. The outer ring in this image depicts a planet in orbit, while the inner rainbow ring shows orbiting photons

Colonies of aliens living on planets within black holes may not be as far-fetched as it sounds.

Some black holes have a complex internal structure that allows photons, particles and planets to orbit a central singularity, according to one scientist.

A singularity is the region in a black hole when space and time become infinite. (Full article)

Ok, the natural question is, how did the planets get there? And I'm thinking maybe the answer is, since black holes draw everything it's gravitational field comes near, because it's so strong nothing can withstand it, maybe it draws in planets as well. Maybe even something that on the other side can grow into a planet given everything that holds potential to be sucked into the black hole. Like star dust, stars, what have you.All that stuff that can create life in space, basically.

And maybe all that on the other side of that black hole where one would assume that what's sucked in has to be expelled out, all isn't so chaotic and so in the confines of that space vacuum things happen. Grow, evolve, sprout.

I'm lucky I can spell Science, so I'm throwing that out there to further the discussion. I think black holes are fascinating.
Quote this message in a reply
12-04-2011, 01:35 PM
RE: Could aliens be living on planets deep within black holes?
Its an interesting concept, I just wonder what a creature formed in a black hole would look like, probably blind, maybe uses sonar to find its way around. If it didn't root itself into solid objects to avoid getting sucked into nothingness than it may be able to propel itself manually.
I'd say, if its possible, than its already happened and is still happening.

Hey brother christian, with your high and mighty errand, your actions speak so loud, I can't hear a word you're saying.

"This machine kills fascists..."

"Well this machine kills commies!"
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
12-04-2011, 02:08 PM
(12-04-2011 01:35 PM)UnderTheMicroscope Wrote:  maybe uses sonar to find its way around.
How do you think the sound waves would bounce back?

Observer

Agnostic atheist
Secular humanist
Emotional rationalist
Disclaimer: Don’t mix the personal opinion above with the absolute and objective truth. Remember to think for yourself. Thank you.
12-04-2011, 02:34 PM
Maybe not sound, idk what the word would be but they might use some electro-magnetic burst to find their way around. Sort of like an electron telescope(?)

Hey brother christian, with your high and mighty errand, your actions speak so loud, I can't hear a word you're saying.

"This machine kills fascists..."

"Well this machine kills commies!"
12-04-2011, 02:37 PM
At the heart of a blackhole is matter that has been condensed so that there exists no space in between the atoms (from what I understand of blackholes). What energy source would exist to provide life on these planets? This is even more unlikely than Sarah Palin developing an original thought and growing a brain (Although I still do not understand how a planet could survive in orbit around, or in, a black hole). Sounds like a load of bull to me.

Evolve

Smartass
https://www.researchgate.net/profile/James_Beard2
12-04-2011, 04:13 PM
Why would black holes be more likely to spawn life than normal solar systems?

[Image: sigone_zps207cf92c.png]

Leonard Nimoy
1931-2015
Live long and prosper.
13-04-2011, 01:04 AM
The black hole has such a high gravity that light cannot escape. This means that the density of matter must be extremely compact. Imagine the entire world shrunken down to the size of a pinhead, but still having the same mass it has now.

As you can tell I am in sync with The Bearded Dude on this one. Planets in a black hole? Absolutely no way. Life in a back hole? Nothing that is anything like us nor will we ever be able to find out about it.

When I find myself in times of trouble, Richard Dawkins comes to me, speaking words of reason, now I see, now I see.
13-04-2011, 06:34 AM
What if this is exactly what our universe is?

*dramatic music, dum dum duuuuum*
[+] 2 users Like LeighJones's post
13-04-2011, 06:48 AM
Actually Leigh, that's actually be a good point. Singularities are where our understanding of the universe and all it's known laws break down. It could well be that there are other universes inside these singularities.

Space and time are intertwined so there is no telling how 'big' things would appear in there. To us it might seem like all the matter must be squished together but since space and time are warped in there who knows. I that that the physicist is speculating on a black hole meeting certain requirements for conditions to be viable for life inside the black hole.

Black holes are really an interesting topic. They are also where limits of our current knowledge are with physics, quantum mechanics etc... Nice one Gassy!
25-04-2011, 06:31 AM

To be honest, i think this guy from the article (Professor Vyacheslav Dokuchaev) is really reaching for something here, an "extreme hypothetical in just the right conditions given these unknown facts were true" Undecided

First of all it has to be in a supermassive black hole (which we only find in the core of galaxies). "Normal" black holes are tiny. Their radius can be calculated with this equation: r = 2GM/c^2 (where G is the gravitational constant, M is the mass and c is the speed of light). An example would be a black hole with the mass of the sun, which would have a radius of 3 kilometers (the event horizon that is, as the actual black hole is a point mass).

This black hole would also need charge and it would need to rotate. For it it be charged, the star or mass it was formed by would need to be charged, which is purely a hyopthetical object as far as i've heared. An object like this sounds a lot like wormholes, they theoretically (or mathematically) can exist, but we have no empirical reason to believe they do Tongue

And lastly, as was mentioned, how would the planet get there? I can't say i'm an expert on black holes, but as far as i've understood them, the time dilation effect gets stronger the closer you are to them (time slows down), which means it would in fact take longer for you to enter the event horizon than the lifetime of the black hole (as the hawking radiation makes it dissipate). It would pretty much be impossible to enter this 'Cauchy horizon' described in the article.
I guess you could argue it was formed as the black hole formed, but we don't know exactly how the supermassive black holes did form so it'd be pure speculation.

I guess it's an interesting thought experiment with life evolving inside a black hole, but it sounds more like science fiction than science. Undecided
Quote this message in a reply