Could the devil be screwing with your mind?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
16-05-2011, 01:07 AM
Could the devil be screwing with your mind?
Here's a problem I have with the notion that the devil has free reign over earth and he is incredibly powerful (but not more so than God), aside from the obvious problem that his existence hasn't been demonstrated.

If the devil wants people to go to hell, and he can actively screw with your mind as is so often claimed, then wouldn't the devil be screwing with your perception of reality so much that you were perceiving an entirely false reality? And wouldn't he be influencing your decisions such that he would make you believe in the wrong religion on purpose, meaning that no one would get the right religion, and consequently everyone would go to hell.
That seems like what a powerful being would do in that scenario, so presuming that the devil exists, wouldn't it also be probable that we would be believing in the wrong religion (or lack thereof), or even not be perceiving objective reality?

So to accept the existence of a mischeivous devil, would be tantamount to accepting that you've got the wrong religion. Right?

"I do not feel obliged to believe that the same God who has endowed us with sense, reason and intellect has intended us to forego their use." - Galileo

"Every man is guilty of all the good he did not do." - Voltaire
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
16-05-2011, 04:02 AM
RE: Could the devil be screwing with your mind?
LOLZ!

That's exactly what he does! ALL religion is invented by the devil! It's his way to cater to his need for war, oppression, numb-sculling and slavery. Religion gets in the way for people to be truly human. Why do you think the devil does not want you to question his stupid religion. This is exactly what the devil would want you to do.

If Satan is real, the first thing he'd do to enslave you, is shackle your mind. From birth! I find it incredible that religious folks refuse to see this.

(What you have just read is the way I reasoned in the last days of my religious life, some 12 years ago.)

Observer

Agnostic atheist
Secular humanist
Emotional rationalist
Disclaimer: Don’t mix the personal opinion above with the absolute and objective truth. Remember to think for yourself. Thank you.
16-05-2011, 01:05 PM

Daemonowner, you've really gotta consider joining a Christian forum and positing this question. If for no other reason than to listen to the combustible Christian sounds that happen here and there. Tongue

[Image: 5.gif] Very cool question.

Isaiah 45:7 says god is Satan.
Quote this message in a reply
16-05-2011, 09:50 PM
@GassyKitten I might just do that, could be fun.. =P

Also, Isaiah 45:7 doesn't directly say that, but it does say that God fulfils the traditional role of the devil, that is, doing evil. That verse could be worth remembering, just like Matthew 5:22 (for whenever a christian calls you a fool =] )

"I do not feel obliged to believe that the same God who has endowed us with sense, reason and intellect has intended us to forego their use." - Galileo

16-05-2011, 10:24 PM
Rainbow RE: Could the devil be screwing with your mind?
It's a pretty dick move by god. god: "Hey, go down there and mess with there heads." I'll stay up here and be quiet, and then in the end we'll all get a big laugh!" Except you satan, you're gonna burn in hell...you know the place you make your comfy home at now? In the lake of fire? Yeah, that's where your gonna go. Not that you'll feel anything becasue you're a spirit and you'd actually have to become flesh like these idiots that you tricked. You see they're really gonna feel the pain, and me and their loved ones are gonna sit on the bed and watch and roast marshmallows over their burning carcasses for thousnads of years...ha ha ha.

devil: Hey, you wanna make another bet?

god: Sure, who'd you have in mind?

devil: Steven Hawking

god: F that!
16-05-2011, 10:44 PM
Didn't this sorta thing happen to Job? God allowed satan to fuck with Job's life and then got angry with him when he got fed up with it.

EDIT: Also, I just registered to a christian forum, and am currently waiting for the admin to approve the thread I just made.

17-05-2011, 04:30 AM
Here's the link to the post I made:
http://www.christianforums.net/f15/could...ind-36089/

17-05-2011, 07:57 AM
(17-05-2011 04:30 AM)daemonowner Wrote:  Here's the link to the post I made:
http://www.christianforums.net/f15/could...ind-36089/

yep it was Job. Good find, now i have another playground to play inWink
17-05-2011, 08:48 AM

(16-05-2011 09:50 PM)daemonowner Wrote:  @GassyKitten I might just do that, could be fun.. =P

Also, Isaiah 45:7 doesn't directly say that, but it does say that God fulfils the traditional role of the devil, that is, doing evil. That verse could be worth remembering, just like Matthew 5:22 (for whenever a christian calls you a fool =] )
Ah, the New Testament! So opportune in refuting, in this case, that exclusive claim by those who claim the OT is elective (and always to their benefit of course), in it's application.

Matthew 5:22, just so you know in the event you find a Christian that calls you a fool, is Jesus way of expounding on the 6th Commandment from the books of Moshe. Jews thought the 6th was an exclusive prohibition against murder alone. While verbal condemnation of a person, or oral murder/assault of their person,insulting words, etc... were considered not as impactful.

Matthew was Jesus way of saying hate, by word of mouth, "Raca" (Prideful words used as a platform to condemn another) and calling someone a fool, which is one of the highest insults because it implies in a hateful way that a person is without intellect at all, is considered "heart murder". Hateful words destroy the heart, the emotional center, of their victim. And so the person who throws those words out as spears into a target, is just as guilty of violating the spirit of the 6th commandment as if they had used real weapons, real spears, to impact a person.

Now, on to Isaiah. Tongue No, the verse doesn't literally say god said, I'm Satan!
However, if we proceed from the premise that god is the alpha and the omega (as the Bible says), the beginning and the end, the source of all that is was and ever shall be, (Biblical too), the creator of all that ever came into being, then Satan can be nothing other than god.
If humans originated as created in the image and likeness of god (Real people in Heaven! Think of the weight! "Biggest Loser with Halos" . Think of the potential air disasters when those cloud breakthroughs happen. Duck! Better yet, runnnnn! And pray the plumbing works eternally! Tongue ) , then so to was everything god created created from himself as manifestations of himself.
ha Satan is the antithesis of god. The antagonist to the protagonist. That half of the dual nature, essence, energy, element, of all that exists.

7 I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the LORD do all these things.
Quote this message in a reply
18-05-2011, 12:11 AM
Aarghh. Pricks closed my thread after not adressing the problem!