Could the devil be screwing with your mind?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
23-05-2011, 08:25 AM

RE: Could the devil be screwing with your mind?
I never felt the presence of a God or Satan.

The only spirit that ever moved me was the spirit of love I felt from friends and family.

The only evil I'm absolutely sure of is the evil actions of man.
-- arsonists
-- murderers
-- slave masters
-- rapists
-- child killers and abusers
-- the list could go on and on.

The bottom line: Evil is caused by mankind, not outside influences. Blaming a devil for wrong-doing is a ploy to avoid taking responsibility for an action. I don't buy it.
Quote this message in a reply
23-05-2011, 10:40 AM

(17-05-2011 04:30 AM)daemonowner Wrote:  Here's the link to the post I made:
http://www.christianforums.net/f15/could...ind-36089/
Oh hell, and I thought I was optimistic! Tongue A Fundamentalist Evangelical site membership asked to think about the god created adversary to their very existence, every single day?
When, if Jesus died taking the sins of the world upon himself (as god. Or not depending on which errant scripture you read. Wink ) , then there is no sin and no one can ever be born in sin again and that means Jesus saved everyone that even believes Jesus could do that. They don't have to be Christian, because JC didn't come to establish the Christian religion, they just have to accept he died and they're now sin free for the sacrifice.

Try posting that at that forum. I doubt you'd get one reply before you were banned, given you've got one "offense" against you for posting something deemed worthy of close.
Which is an interesting analogy to the whole Fundy mind set, actually. They don't dare think, so they close the discussion. But, and this is so typical and telling, they leave your post for everyone to read which does enter their mind no matter whether they can reply or not.

Brilliant! Good job! Post again. Smile If one sheep thinks, it's a start.
Quote this message in a reply
23-05-2011, 12:45 PM
(16-05-2011 01:07 AM)daemonowner Wrote:  So to accept the existence of a mischeivous devil, would be tantamount to accepting that you've got the wrong religion. Right?

Most believers think that the devil operates by some set of rules, which keep him from doing that.

What exactly these rules are is never defined, but hey - it's religion. What'd you expect?

"Owl," said Rabbit shortly, "you and I have brains. The others have fluff. If there is any thinking to be done in this Forest - and when I say thinking I mean thinking - you and I must do it."
- A. A. Milne, The House at Pooh Corner
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
23-05-2011, 10:35 PM
(23-05-2011 12:45 PM)Unbeliever Wrote:  hey - it's religion. What'd you expect?

I expected what they suggested the offer was, a good life with everything making sense. Some sort of protection to be cast during life. And that despite the occasional counterargument by gods split personality, a god that doesn't fuck with people. Not that I ever really accepted the religion. I seriously hate the whole higher than animals thing. I did since it was first suggested. And my mom could never get me to sit in a church =p. I'll sit in them now, but I won't listen. Unless I have a specific reason of being there.

I'm not a non believer, I believe in the possibility of anything. I just don't let the actuality of something be determined by a 3rd party.
24-05-2011, 12:06 AM
(23-05-2011 12:45 PM)Unbeliever Wrote:  Most believers think that the devil operates by some set of rules, which keep him from doing that.

That's what he wants you to think. Tongue

Oops, I'm heading to a conspiracy.

"I do not feel obliged to believe that the same God who has endowed us with sense, reason and intellect has intended us to forego their use." - Galileo

"Every man is guilty of all the good he did not do." - Voltaire
13-06-2011, 11:39 AM
But what if Lucifer is actually God and he is waiting for us to wake up that people are worshiping the wrong religion and God is the devil and he is the one screwing our minds! Dodgy

[Image: boston-terrier-gets-scared.gif]
13-06-2011, 01:20 PM
The easiest way to determine whether god is satan or satan is god is to ask yourself who made who (also a great song by AC/DC) God made all his little children, he made the stars. he made the earth, he made you and me, he also made heaven and hell. He also made Lucifer. He made them the way he wanted them to be, to do what he wanted them to do. Does it matter if satan is a separate entity from god.... nope. The idea that god would make his own opposition, is ludicrous to begin with, but if you go into the field of biology you can assume that if god made everything then we all have features similar to that of our creator. So would satan not be somewhat like his creator too? I mean god did make us, and he even raised satan somewhat. So the devil is just a product of his environment, or he is a sheep being commanded of what to do. Either way God is a dick, and he made satan the way he is. The evil of satan is the evil that god made. for you and me. for all the good little girls and boys. Thanks, thanks a ton you vain son of a bitch. I digress. Pants are amazing.Big Grin

"I think of myself as an intelligent, sensitive human being with the soul of a clown which always forces me to blow it at the most important moments." -Jim Morrison
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
13-06-2011, 02:35 PM
(13-06-2011 01:20 PM)lucradis Wrote:  The easiest way to determine whether god is satan or satan is god is to ask yourself who made who (also a great song by AC/DC) God made all his little children, he made the stars. he made the earth, he made you and me, he also made heaven and hell. He also made Lucifer. He made them the way he wanted them to be, to do what he wanted them to do. Does it matter if satan is a separate entity from god.... nope. The idea that god would make his own opposition, is ludicrous to begin with, but if you go into the field of biology you can assume that if god made everything then we all have features similar to that of our creator. So would satan not be somewhat like his creator too? I mean god did make us, and he even raised satan somewhat. So the devil is just a product of his environment, or he is a sheep being commanded of what to do. Either way God is a dick, and he made satan the way he is. The evil of satan is the evil that god made. for you and me. for all the good little girls and boys. Thanks, thanks a ton you vain son of a bitch. I digress. Pants are amazing.Big Grin

Are you being sarcastic or are you insulting me?
I don't mean Lucifer is actually God, I was thinking... outside the box

Have a great day and enjoy your eyeballs for tea.Wink

[Image: boston-terrier-gets-scared.gif]
13-06-2011, 05:07 PM
Thanks to daemonowner for pointing that christian forum, here's an interesting link from the same forum:
http://www.christianforums.net/f41/

Read the titles and you'll see how stupid, ignorant, and insensitive they are. And to think that I used to be a part of them.
13-06-2011, 07:02 PM
sorry if I came off abrasive, no insult intended. I was also thinking outside the box. It was actually the main reason I never bought into the whole Christianity thing.
But I get what you were doing.

"I think of myself as an intelligent, sensitive human being with the soul of a clown which always forces me to blow it at the most important moments." -Jim Morrison
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user