Couldn't he have just, you know, stopped the hurricane?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
12-11-2013, 10:52 AM
Couldn't he have just, you know, stopped the hurricane?

So yeah.. This blows my mind.
Prayer didn't save their lives, but prayer is suppose to help the Filipinos after the fact?

2.5 billion seconds total
1.67 billion seconds conscious

Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Adenosis's post
12-11-2013, 11:18 AM
RE: Couldn't he have just, you know, stopped the hurricane?
Well, sure.

God can't help people if He doesn't make them need help first...

Weeping

... this is my signature!
[+] 5 users Like cjlr's post
12-11-2013, 11:21 AM
Quote:Couldn't he have just, you know, stopped the hurricane?

He was busy giving aids to children in Africa.

. . . ................................ ......................................... . [Image: 2dsmnow.gif] Eat at Joe's
12-11-2013, 11:29 AM
(12-11-2013 11:18 AM)cjlr Wrote:  Well, sure.

God can't help people if He doesn't make them need help first...

Weeping

He taught he thaw a Homosexual. What else was he supposed to do? Not send in a natural disaster?

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
[+] 2 users Like Revenant77x's post
12-11-2013, 11:29 AM
Nu uh! Angel God was busy helping a football player win the big game against the rival team.

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
[+] 3 users Like kim's post
12-11-2013, 11:32 AM
.....and helping pastor Jim find his car keys.
[+] 1 user Likes DeavonReye's post
12-11-2013, 11:43 AM
...and putting his ugly face on my toast.

Asshole...Dodgy
[+] 3 users Like NoSuicide4Me's post
12-11-2013, 12:10 PM
I was reading an article on the disaster and one of the reader comments was the ubiquitous "We've kicked god out of our schools, our homes, our communities, and our businesses.. and then act surprised when he doesn't show up to help when we've asked him to leave."

I wish there was a way to virtually puke all over somebody's comment. What a great way to insult the victims of the tragedy.

If Jesus died for our sins, why is there still sin? If man was created from dust, why is there still dust? If Americans came from Europe, why are there still Europeans?
[+] 4 users Like guitar_nut's post
12-11-2013, 12:13 PM
(12-11-2013 12:10 PM)guitar_nut Wrote:  I was reading an article on the disaster and one of the reader comments was the ubiquitous "We've kicked god out of our schools, our homes, our communities, and our businesses.. and then act surprised when he doesn't show up to help when we've asked him to leave."

I wish there was a way to virtually puke all over somebody's comment. What a great way to insult the victims of the tragedy.

Just a great time to bring up any number of atrocities, disasters, genocides etc. that have occurred in the past, and during times when god was still in schools, homes, communities, etc.
[+] 2 users Like Jasozz's post
12-11-2013, 12:26 PM
(12-11-2013 12:10 PM)guitar_nut Wrote:  I was reading an article on the disaster and one of the reader comments was the ubiquitous "We've kicked god out of our schools, our homes, our communities, and our businesses.. and then act surprised when he doesn't show up to help when we've asked him to leave."

Yeah, the "proof" in their claim is in how meticulously selective gawd was in ensuring only those who have turned him away were devastated or killed. Rolleyes
[/sarcasm]

"Religion has caused more misery to all of mankind in every stage of human history than any other single idea." --Madalyn Murray O'Hair
[+] 2 users Like Impulse's post