Couldn't he have just, you know, stopped the hurricane?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
12-11-2013, 01:52 PM
RE: Couldn't he have just, you know, stopped the hurricane?
(12-11-2013 10:52 AM)Adenosis Wrote:  So yeah.. This blows my mind.
Prayer didn't save their lives, but prayer is suppose to help the Filipinos after the fact?

Well, obviously, the Gard Lard was helping.

By killing a bunch of them off, there is more opportunity for the competent survivors to pick themselves up and capitalise to decrease their own poverty at the expense of the corpses.

He is a true humanitarian.

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
12-11-2013, 02:37 PM
Nope. He was busy schooling this atheist heroin addict on the power of prayer. Consider

http://www.faithit.com/atheist-heroin-ad...of-prayer/

Why would you expect God to save lives when there are so many heathens to bribe?

Random stranger gives you a $100 bill = It's a miracle!!!
1,000's die in natural disaster = God works in mysterious ways. Or was this one due to our fallen nature? I have trouble telling the difference sometimes...

"I feel as though the camera is almost a kind of voyeur in Mr. Beans life, and you just watch this bizarre man going about his life in the way that he wants to."

-Rowan Atkinson
[+] 1 user Likes Can_of_Beans's post
12-11-2013, 02:46 PM
(12-11-2013 11:29 AM)kim Wrote:  Nu uh! Angel God was busy helping a football player win the big game against the rival team who were also praying for God's help in winning the big game.

I hope you don't mind the addition. Smile

"I feel as though the camera is almost a kind of voyeur in Mr. Beans life, and you just watch this bizarre man going about his life in the way that he wants to."

-Rowan Atkinson
[+] 1 user Likes Can_of_Beans's post
12-11-2013, 02:54 PM
god works in mysterious ways. CheckmateDrinking Beverage

I contend that we are both atheists. I just believe in one fewer god than you
do. When you understand why you dismiss all the other possible gods, you will
understand why I dismiss yours.
12-11-2013, 03:33 PM (This post was last modified: 12-11-2013 03:39 PM by DeavonReye.)
Ssssssniiffff. . . . . . . Mysterious? . . . . . . Something to do with Noah's Flood?
12-11-2013, 05:32 PM
You should see the christian denomination holy war that resulted from the tragedy. Here in our country (I'm from the Philippines) we have a christian denomination called Iglesia ni Kristo. Literally translated it means church of christ. For some reason (sarcasm) they hate the roman catholics. They somehow found a picture of one of their chapels amidst the rubble and immediately shared it online and said that god loves them more because he spared their church and wiped out everything else around it. For good measure, they refused anybody not from their denomination to take shelter in their churches. Nothing says god is love more than insensitivity to the plight of your fellow man.

If you don't want a sarcastic answer, don't ask stupid questions. Drinking Beverage
[+] 1 user Likes ivaneus's post
12-11-2013, 06:22 PM
Before and after aerial shots of some affected sites:
http://online.wsj.com/news/articles/SB10...0?mod=e2tw

Give me your argument in the form of a published paper, and then we can start to talk.
[+] 1 user Likes Hafnof's post
12-11-2013, 09:33 PM
I hate to burst everyone's bubble...

But is it just possible that the reason God didn't stop the typhoon... is... because... well... how should I put it?

HE DOESN'T FUCKIN' WELL EXIST!

Wow... Who knew?

[img]

via GIPHY

[/img]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
13-11-2013, 12:07 PM
I just opened a thread touching on this area today:

*From the Christian perspective, the Bible explains when, why and how God chooses to intervene in human affairs and in nature.

*When God chooses not to intervene He is 1) exercising His free will and His prerogative 2) working on human affairs for their highest and best overall once you add Heaven, Hell, redemption and the Fall into the mix.

*If you want to subtract God from the equation (or not) hurricanes serve ecological refinement purposes that have little to do with dead humans, e.g. the topics at this page:

http://cliffmass.blogspot.com/2012/08/th...s-and.html

and of course, you are really just whining about how your sense of justice and your moral compass is askew from a severe rainstorm. After all, you are wiser than God, the God who asks where you were when He made the universe.
13-11-2013, 12:19 PM
(13-11-2013 12:07 PM)PleaseJesus Wrote:  After all, you are wiser than God, the God who asks where you were when He made the universe.

I personally wasn't around , but I hear some guys were herding sheep over at the middle east at the time.

. . . ................................ ......................................... . [Image: 2dsmnow.gif] Eat at Joe's
[+] 1 user Likes Slowminded's post