Couldn't he have just, you know, stopped the hurricane?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
14-11-2013, 02:59 PM
RE: Couldn't he have just, you know, stopped the hurricane?
(14-11-2013 02:52 PM)PleaseJesus Wrote:  
(14-11-2013 02:15 PM)RobbyPants Wrote:  Indeed. Just the same way that I admire when he gives a young kid Tay Sachs. It's a good thing humans came up with a way to screen for that shit and try to mitigate the problem.

The problem here is you are coming up with an asymmetric system to praise God for all the good and to assume that all the bad exists because of [mysterious ways] and is actually good. It's impossible to objectively analyze the situation when you are operating under that kind of level of cognitive dissonance.

Tay Sachs disease, eh? No one will ever accuse atheists of having half-full glasses in their world paradigms.

What this is, I don't even. Care to elaborate?
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
14-11-2013, 03:01 PM
(14-11-2013 02:52 PM)Jasozz Wrote:  
(14-11-2013 02:49 PM)PleaseJesus Wrote:  Obviously, Jasozz, you've never been in the presence of a beautiful baby. I'm sorry you've lived an underpriviliged life surrounded by ugly babies.

Wow, that was a compelling follow-up to the flow of conversation th-

Hey waaaait a second, you didn't contribute at all, you just insulted me in a roundabout way. And also insulted all of the babies I've ever been in the presence of in my life.

I offer a valid point, and you INSULT BABIES?

How could you. Sadcryface

How--dare--you. I insulted UGLY babies. Out of context...

Neither did I insult YOU nor insinuate that just because you have been surrounded by ugly babies that you were ugly either as a baby or now. Out of context...

and you know what Christians say when they catch atheists pulling things out of context...

Checkmate, atheists (Atheists). Thanks for playing. Please pay at the door when you leave. But please don't leave until I tell you:

Jesus loves you. He died for our sin. He rose so trusting Him we receive eternal life.
14-11-2013, 03:03 PM
(14-11-2013 03:01 PM)PleaseJesus Wrote:  
(14-11-2013 02:52 PM)Jasozz Wrote:  Wow, that was a compelling follow-up to the flow of conversation th-

Hey waaaait a second, you didn't contribute at all, you just insulted me in a roundabout way. And also insulted all of the babies I've ever been in the presence of in my life.

I offer a valid point, and you INSULT BABIES?

How could you. Sadcryface

How--dare--you. I insulted UGLY babies. Out of context...

Neither did I insult YOU nor insinuate that just because you have been surrounded by ugly babies that you were ugly either as a baby or now. Out of context...

and you know what Christians say when they catch atheists pulling things out of context...

Checkmate, atheists (Atheists). Thanks for playing. Please pay at the door when you leave. But please don't leave until I tell you:

Jesus loves you. He died for our sin. He rose so trusting Him we receive eternal life.

... you've got to be a troll. He's a troll, right? No one can be this profoundly dense.

Make a terrible case for yourself, start slinging around nonsense when your ideas are challenged and then declare "I win" and leave?
14-11-2013, 03:04 PM
(14-11-2013 02:52 PM)PleaseJesus Wrote:  
(14-11-2013 02:15 PM)RobbyPants Wrote:  Indeed. Just the same way that I admire when he gives a young kid Tay Sachs. It's a good thing humans came up with a way to screen for that shit and try to mitigate the problem.

The problem here is you are coming up with an asymmetric system to praise God for all the good and to assume that all the bad exists because of [mysterious ways] and is actually good. It's impossible to objectively analyze the situation when you are operating under that kind of level of cognitive dissonance.

Tay Sachs disease, eh? No one will ever accuse atheists of having half-full glasses in their world paradigms.

Your posts are becoming increasingly disconnected and incoherent.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
14-11-2013, 03:06 PM
(12-11-2013 12:10 PM)guitar_nut Wrote:  I was reading an article on the disaster and one of the reader comments was the ubiquitous "We've kicked god out of our schools, our homes, our communities, and our businesses.. and then act surprised when he doesn't show up to help when we've asked him to leave."

I wish there was a way to virtually puke all over somebody's comment. What a great way to insult the victims of the tragedy.

There is nothing more sanctimonious than some asswipe with a god to peddle.

[Image: reality.jpg?imgmax=800]
14-11-2013, 03:51 PM (This post was last modified: 14-11-2013 03:54 PM by Adenosis.)
(14-11-2013 11:22 AM)PleaseJesus Wrote:  Do you take such severe offense at the Filipino home builders and their government who allowed substandard, shoddy buildings such as would never have been built in the US or UK to "stand"?

I know of no account where a single one of the people building homes said "these will withstand a hurricane".

I do however know of personal accounts (and I don't talk to that many people), and many many online accounts of Christians calling their god benevolent and omnipotent. So the god that, by his claimed nature, could have and would have done something, didn't.

See the difference? No contradicting statement vs a contradiction.

2.5 billion seconds total
1.67 billion seconds conscious

14-11-2013, 04:48 PM
On a serious notes, the religious are taught from day one that with every misfortune there is an opportunity, so that's why there is people like this. They actually believe this BS.

Bury me with my guns on, so when I reach the other side - I can show him what it feels like to die.
Bury me with my guns on, so when I'm cast out of the sky, I can shoot the devil right between the eyes.
[+] 1 user Likes Question's post
14-11-2013, 07:34 PM
(14-11-2013 03:01 PM)PleaseJesus Wrote:  Checkmate, atheists (Atheists). Thanks for playing. Please pay at the door when you leave. But please don't leave until I tell you:

Try harder. Try again.

[Image: Try_Harder.jpg]
15-11-2013, 11:27 AM
(14-11-2013 03:51 PM)Adenosis Wrote:  
(14-11-2013 11:22 AM)PleaseJesus Wrote:  Do you take such severe offense at the Filipino home builders and their government who allowed substandard, shoddy buildings such as would never have been built in the US or UK to "stand"?

I know of no account where a single one of the people building homes said "these will withstand a hurricane".

I do however know of personal accounts (and I don't talk to that many people), and many many online accounts of Christians calling their god benevolent and omnipotent. So the god that, by his claimed nature, could have and would have done something, didn't.

See the difference? No contradicting statement vs a contradiction.

I see. If the scriptures say God is omnipotent, do they further say He's omni-benevolent? Or we can refine that to "do the scriptures teach that God's justice regarding the Fall and human sin is blind?"

Free will has much to do with the typhoon and our response is my point. And God will specially intervene for those who are responsive to God. Note I didn't say "seek God" in this instance.

An atheist who hears the good news of the love of Christ and His atoning death and says, "F God and F Jesus and God doesn't F-ing exist receives" the benevolence of God on what basis?

The Bible teaches that in a world where all trust the Savior, there are no typhoons and etc. Become the solution.
15-11-2013, 11:33 AM
(12-11-2013 10:52 AM)Adenosis Wrote:  So yeah.. This blows my mind.
Prayer didn't save their lives, but prayer is suppose to help the Filipinos after the fact?

If god had stopped it he would have violated the freewill of the hurricane.Drinking Beverage

" Generally speaking, the errors in religion are dangerous; those in philosophy only ridiculous."
David Hume
[+] 1 user Likes KidCharlemagne1962's post