RE: Countdown to 15000
(25-04-2013 07:57 PM)My proboscis sucks Wrote:  I can count to potato

http://www.weebls-stuff.com/toons/Potato/

He's not the Messiah. He's a very naughty boy! -Brian's mum
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
26-04-2013, 06:10 PM
So I was wondering this, and I'm not sure I can even put it down succinctly.

Has nothing to do with anything so I figured this thread would do nicely.

I can't remember the thread I was reading else I would post a direct quote but the topic was relativity and time. The post said something to the effect of, all of time happens simultaneously, it's a mind fuck, but if it's true, it's true. I wish I could find it because the context would help.

Fast forward to another post about god and omniscience. He has written the book and knows all that is, was and will happen. Well if all time happens simultaneously according to relativity (I'm pretty sure I'm misunderstanding the meaning of this as pertains to this thought) then it wouldn't be a stretch for a consciousness outside of our universe to know everything about our existence without the need of being eternal.

I need to stop drinking in the middle of the afternoon.

But now I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.

~ Umberto Eco
[+] 1 user Likes evenheathen's post
26-04-2013, 06:30 PM
(26-04-2013 06:10 PM)evenheathen Wrote:  So I was wondering this, and I'm not sure I can even put it down succinctly.

I can't remember the thread I was reading else I would post a direct quote but the topic was relativity and time. The post said something to the effect of, all of time happens simultaneously, it's a mind fuck, but if it's true, it's true. I wish I could find it because the context would help.

Fast forward to another post about god and omniscience. He has written the book and knows all that is, was and will happen. Well if all time happens simultaneously according to relativity (I'm pretty sure I'm misunderstanding the meaning of this as pertains to this thought) then it wouldn't be a stretch for a consciousness outside of our universe to know everything about our existence without the need of being eternal.

This was my theory to explain the paradox of predestination vs. free will.

I need to start blazing up sooner in the afternoon.

It was just a fucking apple man, we're sorry okay? Please stop the madness Laugh out load
~Izel
26-04-2013, 06:37 PM
(26-04-2013 06:30 PM)Erxomai Wrote:  
(26-04-2013 06:10 PM)evenheathen Wrote:  So I was wondering this, and I'm not sure I can even put it down succinctly.

This was my theory to explain the paradox of predestination vs. free will.

I need to start blazing up sooner in the afternoon.

Smokin I concur.

But now I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.

~ Umberto Eco
[+] 1 user Likes evenheathen's post
27-04-2013, 09:11 AM
4,000 years of medicine

2000 BC:Here, eat this root

1000 AD:That root is heathen! Here, say this prayer

1865 AD:That prayer is superstition! Here, drink this potion

1935 AD:That potion is snake oil! Here, swallow this pill

1975 AD:That pill is ineffective! Here, take this antibiotic

2000 AD:That antibiotic is poison! Here, eat this root

I've got 2 tulpas, Taunav and Eris. If you don't know what a tulpa is, read this.
http://community.tulpa.info/thread-kiahd...-to-tulpas
If Taunav has anything to say, he'll be speaking in []
If Eris has anything to say, she'll be speaking in {}
If you think I'm insane, I don't care
27-04-2013, 09:21 AM
Smokin

You still do this?

Big Grin

[Image: a6505fe8.jpg]
I have a theory that the truth is never told during the nine-to-five hours.
-Hunter S. Thompson
[+] 1 user Likes Filox's post
27-04-2013, 09:44 AM (This post was last modified: 27-04-2013 12:38 PM by My proboscis sucks.)
[Image: 01e12_homework-class-test-school-of-fail...ake-it.jpg]

Me, I've got the computer hard drive, and a glass cup with 2 pens, a paintbrush, and a paperclip in it. I'm fucked.

I'D RATHER DIE THEN SACRIFICE MY INTERNET, so glass cup with 2 pens, paintbrush, and paperclip it is

Goodbye world

How fucked are you?

I've got 2 tulpas, Taunav and Eris. If you don't know what a tulpa is, read this.
27-04-2013, 10:46 AM
Countdown to 15000
(27-04-2013 09:44 AM)My proboscis sucks Wrote:  [Image: 01e12_homework-class-test-school-of-fail...ake-it.jpg]

Me, I've got the computer hard drive, and a glass cup with 2 pens, a paintbrush, and a paperclip in it. I'm fucked.

I'D RATHER DIE THEN SACRIFICE MY INTERNET, so glass cup with 2 pens, paintbrush, and paperclip in it

Goodbye world

How fucked are you?

Seeing as I read this on my iPhone I basically get Left Hand and Right Hand. Chuck Norris I am not. Guess its brain eating time for me. Make it quick for me: "Aim for the head. That's where the puddin' is!"
27-04-2013, 04:49 PM
The fuck's up with this?

#sigh
27-04-2013, 07:12 PM
GIVE IT TO ME! she screamed

I'M SO FUCKIN WET, JUST GIVE IT TO ME!

She could scream all she wanted, I wasn't gonna give her the umbrella

[+] 1 user Likes My proboscis sucks's post