Counterintuitive Car Stuff

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
21-06-2015, 05:59 AM
Counterintuitive Car Stuff
Here's something you probably didn't know -- I didn't until recently.

If you're going to buy a convertible (I just did) -- and you have the choice of getting a car from Florida - or getting one from Michigan --- you may very well want to go with the one from Michigan.

Doesn't seem right, does it?

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
21-06-2015, 07:21 AM
RE: Counterintuitive Car Stuff
Interior all faded and cracked?
21-06-2015, 07:29 AM
Didn't you say you don't buy new cars?

A car from Florida may well have ill-effects from the salt air.

Also a convertible from Florida has probably been on or near the beach adding to the salt issue as well as sand.

And there might be pot hidden in the wheel wells. Tongue

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
[+] 2 users Like Anjele's post
21-06-2015, 07:34 AM
Possible hurricane car? I know people used to ship Texas flood cars up North to sell.
21-06-2015, 10:31 AM
Nope... This one is in pretty nice shape -- all original paint -- zero rust...

1994 Lebaron convertible.

The reason that Michigan cars *can* be better than Florida cars (and frequently are) -- is convertibles don't get driven in the winter in Michigan -- but they do in Florida.

This car has 144,000 miles on it - and it appears that the exhaust is all factory - as are brake lines, ect..... Only major thing replaced is the top. That's new.

I found one small spot of rust on the undercarriage - where it appears to have had the paint scraped off by something.. Just surface - 30 seconds with a wire brush would remove it.

I'll get to that later.... Right now, I can't figure out why I can't get the key outta the damned ignition..... It's not the shifter cable -- already eliminated that.

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
21-06-2015, 10:10 PM
Have you tried giving the key a "pop" with your hand? Not hard enough to break anything, but good enough to dislodge a stuck component in the ignition cylinder.

But now I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.

~ Umberto Eco
21-06-2015, 10:12 PM
Or wiggle the wheel back and forth a bit.
21-06-2015, 10:13 PM
A 94 Chrysler? You've got better things to spend your money on, bud.
22-06-2015, 12:48 AM
(21-06-2015 10:12 PM)pablo Wrote:  Or wiggle the wheel back and forth a bit.
Ended up taking the steering wheel apart. As I work on this vehicle - I'm starting to like the engineers who designed some of the stuff. I ended up disabling the interlock to the shifter - by removing the pin in the ignition - that seems to have been put there for exactly that purpose. There's a 3/16 hardened dowel that is slip fit into the ignition switch that if taken out - does the job. Nice....

Also -- stuff like the oil filter, and starter motor are placed for easy access -- nice for maintenance.

For the bad rep that Chrysler got during the bad ol' 90's -- they sure did a pretty nice job on this vehicle. For one -- it's the quietest convertible I've ever ridden in. Conversation with the passenger is easy -- even at highway speeds.