Counting how many words spoken by women in the Bible

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
11-02-2015, 01:40 PM
Counting how many words spoken by women in the Bible
I thought this was interesting. It appears that a big ol' 1% of the bible has the voice of women speaking. Hummm. Perhaps the bible wasn't written by god. Maybe, just maybe it was written by goat herding men with the end result of controlling women and keeping them as chattel. Wow. I'm shocked! Gasp

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2015/02/04...4013295472

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like dancefortwo's post
11-02-2015, 01:42 PM
RE: Counting how many words spoken by women in the Bible
I'm surprised its that much to be honest.
[+] 1 user Likes TheStraightener's post
11-02-2015, 01:53 PM (This post was last modified: 11-02-2015 02:00 PM by Full Circle.)
(11-02-2015 01:40 PM)dancefortwo Wrote:  I thought this was interesting. It appears that a big ol' 1% of the bible has the voice of women speaking. Hummm. Perhaps the bible wasn't written by god. Maybe, just maybe it was written by goat herding men with the end result of controlling women and keeping them as chattel. Wow. I'm shocked! Gasp

I guess it goes up on the shelf with the rest of the World’s Thinnest Books.

I’m currently re-reading the Bible and so far the women are all about being barren and then giving their husband their handmaiden or servant so he can lie with them (go in unto them) and produce offspring. Next time some fundie cites the Bible to define marriage “between one man and one woman” send them over to Genesis and have them read up on Sarah, Hagar, Abraham and the rest of that free-swinging lot.

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
[+] 2 users Like Full Circle's post
11-02-2015, 02:02 PM
The First Book Of Moses, Called Genesis; chapter 30
(30:1) And when Rachel saw that she bare Jacob no children, Rachel envied her sister; and said unto Jacob, Give me children, or else I die.
(30:2) And Jacob's anger was kindled against Rachel: and he said, [Am] I in God's stead, who hath withheld from thee the fruit of the womb?
(30:3) And she said, Behold my maid Bilhah, go in unto her; and she shall bear upon my knees, that I may also have children by her.

Lovely bunch. More like pimps, prostitutes and tricks.

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
11-02-2015, 02:27 PM
(11-02-2015 01:40 PM)dancefortwo Wrote:  I thought this was interesting. It appears that a big ol' 1% of the bible has the voice of women speaking. Hummm. Perhaps the bible wasn't written by god. Maybe, just maybe it was written by goat herding men with the end result of controlling women and keeping them as chattel. Wow. I'm shocked! Gasp

Check out The Book of J by David Rosenberg and Harold Bloom. It's a translation (by Rosenberg) of what is thought to be one of the source documents for the first 5 books of the Bible, with commentary by Bloom (a prominent literary critic). Bloom suggests that "J" (the original author) was a woman. Needless to say, this is a controversial position.
11-02-2015, 02:38 PM
Women got more speaking roles in "Life of Brian".......

Even Loretta..........

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
[+] 1 user Likes onlinebiker's post
11-02-2015, 03:40 PM
(11-02-2015 02:02 PM)Full Circle Wrote:  The First Book Of Moses, Called Genesis; chapter 30
(30:1) And when Rachel saw that she bare Jacob no children, Rachel envied her sister; and said unto Jacob, Give me children, or else I die.
(30:2) And Jacob's anger was kindled against Rachel: and he said, [Am] I in God's stead, who hath withheld from thee the fruit of the womb?
(30:3) And she said, Behold my maid Bilhah, go in unto her; and she shall bear upon my knees, that I may also have children by her.

Yes, the ladies of the bubble certainly aren't in control of their own life. They're there for one purpose and one purpose only, to bear children.

Oh, wait. Ohmy There is the Book of Ruth. She gets to tell her mother-in-law how loyal she'll be to her. But then she her MIL tells her go out in the field and lay submissively at the feet of what's his name, Boaz, so the Book of Ruth is all about submission. I think there should be a few mother-in-law jokes in there somewhere.

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
[+] 1 user Likes dancefortwo's post
11-02-2015, 04:18 PM
(11-02-2015 03:40 PM)dancefortwo Wrote:  
(11-02-2015 02:02 PM)Full Circle Wrote:  The First Book Of Moses, Called Genesis; chapter 30

Yes, the ladies of the bubble certainly aren't in control of their own life. They're there for one purpose and one purpose only, to bear children.

Oh, wait. Ohmy There is the Book of Ruth. She gets to tell her mother-in-law how loyal she'll be to her. But then she her MIL tells her go out in the field and lay submissively at the feet of what's his name, Boaz, so the Book of Ruth is all about submission. I think there should be a few mother-in-law jokes in there somewhere.

It's fun to hear christian fundies blather on about "Traditional Marriage" -- about how it's all about "god's love" and "wedded bliss" and "family unity for children" and all the other flowery stuff ---- when the simple fact is -----

TRADITIONAL Marriage -- (anything more than 75 years ago) - was about PROPERTY --- i.e. the groom taking possession of the bride --- the bride in question - not allowed to own property, bank her own money, vote, apply for divorce -- ect. ect. ect......

History needs revising - when you want to claim moral superiority......

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
[+] 1 user Likes onlinebiker's post
11-02-2015, 04:31 PM
(11-02-2015 04:18 PM)onlinebiker Wrote:  
(11-02-2015 03:40 PM)dancefortwo Wrote:  Yes, the ladies of the bubble certainly aren't in control of their own life. They're there for one purpose and one purpose only, to bear children.

It's fun to hear christian fundies blather on about "Traditional Marriage" -- about how it's all about "god's love" and "wedded bliss" and "family unity for children" and all the other flowery stuff ---- when the simple fact is -----

TRADITIONAL Marriage -- (anything more than 75 years ago) - was about PROPERTY --- i.e. the groom taking possession of the bride --- the bride in question - not allowed to own property, bank her own money, vote, apply for divorce -- ect. ect. ect......

History needs revising - when you want to claim moral superiority......

This isn't entirely a thing of the past. I know traditional Catholics who still think that (1) altar girls (rather than altar boys), (2) female lectors, (3) female choir directors, and (4) feminists are all abominations and signs of the apocalypse. Women should be seen and not heard, they must veil their heads in church, and they must be subservient to their husbands and pop out babies one after another -- contraception and abortion are both forbidden. In other words, they are still treated much like they were in Biblical times. And then there are Muslims and Hindus...
11-02-2015, 05:12 PM
(11-02-2015 02:38 PM)onlinebiker Wrote:  Women got more speaking roles in "Life of Brian".......

Even Loretta..........

Where is she going to put the baby, huh? In a box?
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes ghostexorcist's post