Counting how many words spoken by women in the Bible

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
11-02-2015, 05:44 PM
RE: Counting how many words spoken by women in the Bible
Sounds like Wayne Brady gonna have to choke a bitch.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
11-02-2015, 05:54 PM
(11-02-2015 02:02 PM)Full Circle Wrote:  The First Book Of Moses, Called Genesis; chapter 30
(30:1) And when Rachel saw that she bare Jacob no children, Rachel envied her sister; and said unto Jacob, Give me children, or else I die.
(30:2) And Jacob's anger was kindled against Rachel: and he said, [Am] I in God's stead, who hath withheld from thee the fruit of the womb?
(30:3) And she said, Behold my maid Bilhah, go in unto her; and she shall bear upon my knees, that I may also have children by her.

Lovely bunch. More like pimps, prostitutes and tricks.

And lets not ignore that Jacob was also married to Leah before he took Rachel as a second wife. And before he banged their maids.

"If we are honest—and scientists have to be—we must admit that religion is a jumble of false assertions, with no basis in reality.
The very idea of God is a product of the human imagination."
- Paul Dirac
[+] 1 user Likes The Organic Chemist's post
11-02-2015, 05:55 PM
(11-02-2015 05:12 PM)ghostexorcist Wrote:  
(11-02-2015 02:38 PM)onlinebiker Wrote:  Women got more speaking roles in "Life of Brian".......

Even Loretta..........

Where is she going to put the baby, huh? In a box?

JUDITH: Here! I-- I've got an idea. Suppose you agree that he can't actually have babies, not having a womb, which is nobody's fault, not even the Romans', but that he can have the right to have babies.

FRANCIS: Good idea, Judith. We shall fight the oppressors for your right to have babies, brother. Sister. Sorry.

REG: What's the point?

FRANCIS: What?

REG: What's the point of fighting for his right to have babies when he can't have babies?!

FRANCIS: It is symbolic of our struggle against oppression.

REG: Symbolic of his struggle against reality.

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
[+] 4 users Like onlinebiker's post
11-02-2015, 06:00 PM
Counting how many words spoken by women in the Bible
It concerns me that the many intelligent women in my life find anything worthwhile in the church. (Well, anyone, but just following the thread.) They're told they are beneath men, can't speak up against men, and that they're just baby factories. Yet there are many apologists who say that somehow women are cherished in Christianity.

Consider
11-02-2015, 08:40 PM
As a raised Catholic I know the Virgin Mary is revered almost as much as Jesus.

Reminds me of this from Hitchens...

“What is more probable, that there was a virgin birth or that a little Jewish vixen lied? ~Christopher Hitchens

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
[+] 1 user Likes Full Circle's post
12-02-2015, 02:34 PM
(11-02-2015 08:40 PM)Full Circle Wrote:  As a raised Catholic I know the Virgin Mary is revered almost as much as Jesus.

Reminds me of this from Hitchens...

“What is more probable, that there was a virgin birth or that a little Jewish vixen lied? ~Christopher Hitchens
I've said Hail Mary so many times, too. Smile