Counting the hits, ignoring the misses

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
14-08-2014, 06:20 PM
Counting the hits, ignoring the misses
There was an article in the NY Post about a 3 year old girl who went missing for 11 days and survived with her dog.

People on FB commented "by the grace of god" and "it's a miracle."

I find it ridiculous that it just never occurs to them that if god has the power to intervene, it begs the question: why would he torture a 3 year old child for 11 days? He has a lot to answer for and should beg for this family's forgiveness.

A little rudeness and disrespect can elevate a meaningless interaction to a battle of wills and add drama to an otherwise dull day - Bill Watterson
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 3 users Like Cathym112's post
14-08-2014, 06:39 PM
RE: Counting the hits, ignoring the misses
this is a human thing in general, but they do this because they don't see a miss it is all gods plan. If someone dies gods plan, if they live his plan. If anything it sounds like gods plan means his mistake. I mean think about it, in fact pick a god. If I fucked up something like a garden of eden it would be a mistake, if allah or yahweh do it on the other hand it is part of their plan. If that is the case every time I fuck up I am going to say it was part of my plan.

[Image: Guilmon-41189.gif] https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOW_Ioi2wtuPa88FvBmnBgQ my youtube
[+] 4 users Like Metazoa Zeke's post
14-08-2014, 06:44 PM
(14-08-2014 06:39 PM)Metazoa Zeke Wrote:  every time I fuck up I am going to say it was part of my plan.

Good plan Laugh out load

I hope that the world turns, and things get better. But what I hope most of all is that you understand what I mean when I tell you that, even though I do not know you, and even though I may never meet you, laugh with you, cry with you, or kiss you, I love you. With all my heart, I love you. - V for Vendetta
[+] 3 users Like Smercury44's post
14-08-2014, 06:52 PM
(14-08-2014 06:20 PM)Cathym112 Wrote:  There was an article in the NY Post about a 3 year old girl who went missing for 11 days and survived with her dog.

I find it ridiculous that it just never occurs to them that if god has the power to intervene, it begs the question: why would he torture a 3 year old child for 11 days? He has a lot to answer for and should beg for this family's forgiveness.

Translation A: It is unusual, therefore god.
Translation B: I don't understand it, therefore god.

Lazy answers, no thinking involved.

We have enough youth. How about looking for the Fountain of Smart?
[+] 1 user Likes Thinkerbelle's post
14-08-2014, 08:02 PM
(14-08-2014 06:20 PM)Cathym112 Wrote:  There was an article in the NY Post about a 3 year old girl who went missing for 11 days and survived with her dog.

Praise the dog! BowingBowingBowing

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
[+] 5 users Like Dom's post
14-08-2014, 09:41 PM
(14-08-2014 08:02 PM)Dom Wrote:  Praise the dog! BowingBowingBowing

Guess it's not enough for God to get shown up by humans every day; animals want in on the act now.

Eh, who am I kidding, animals have been showing up God for centuries.

Popcorn I put more thought into fiction than theists put into reality.
[+] 1 user Likes CleverUsername's post
14-08-2014, 09:56 PM
(14-08-2014 06:39 PM)Metazoa Zeke Wrote:  this is a human thing in general, but they do this because they don't see a miss it is all gods plan. If someone dies gods plan, if they live his plan. If anything it sounds like gods plan means his mistake. I mean think about it, in fact pick a god. If I fucked up something like a garden of eden it would be a mistake, if allah or yahweh do it on the other hand it is part of their plan. If that is the case every time I fuck up I am going to say it was part of my plan.

gods plan

the believer never thing about the fact the every war,genocide, terrorist attacks etc were also part of their gods plan............. yet they still say god is kind and loving

the level of ignorance is down right unforgivable
14-08-2014, 09:57 PM
The beliebers don't want to think about the misses...

...then again, their gawd never misses.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat
15-08-2014, 04:49 AM
My tactic for dealing with the faithful when they say things like "he gave you life for you to question and tell him what to do?" Or "free will blah blah free will." Is to ask questions about the further implications about their statements:

If god needs validation that we are grateful, doesn't that make god insecure?

Or so this hurricane is god's punishment for our disobedience? I thought hell was the punishment? Are you implying that god would be so unjust that he would punish us twice? Especially since the hurricane is a rather underhanded way to punish us since it's not clear why we are being punished for? I'm sorry but that implies a god is abusive..

Since they refuse to look at the implication of what they are saying. That was my first step to atheism. To see god in a different light before I saw that that he was never there to begin with.

A little rudeness and disrespect can elevate a meaningless interaction to a battle of wills and add drama to an otherwise dull day - Bill Watterson
15-08-2014, 05:53 AM
You flip a coin, heads god wins, tails it's all part of his plan. Such sophistry, see my sig.......

Gods derive their power from post-hoc rationalizations. -The Inquisition

Using the supernatural to explain events in your life is a failure of the intellect to comprehend the world around you. -The Inquisition