Couple denied service at cake shoppe due to being "abominations of the lord"

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
04-02-2013, 02:29 PM
Couple denied service at cake shoppe due to being "abominations of the lord"
Gotta love religious discrimination at its finest.

http://www.kptv.com/story/20940125/gresh...ay-wedding
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
04-02-2013, 02:35 PM
RE: Couple denied service at cake shoppe due to being "abominations of the lord"
(04-02-2013 02:29 PM)Hobbitgirl Wrote:  Gotta love religious discrimination at its finest.

Actually they are incorrect. There are at least 3 levels of "abominations". Ya gotta know yer "abominations".
Some were cultural, some interpersonal, and only the highest level was "abomination to Yahweh". Unfortunately this was not the highest level. It was a just a plain ole garden variety "abomination", (equivalent to eating with a foreigner, or Egyptian), and did not rise to a serious offense level.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein
"And you quit footing the bill for these nations that are oil rich - we're paying for some of their *squirmishes* that have been going on for centuries" - Sarah Palin
04-02-2013, 02:47 PM
RE: Couple denied service at cake shoppe due to being "abominations of the lord"
(04-02-2013 02:35 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  
(04-02-2013 02:29 PM)Hobbitgirl Wrote:  Gotta love religious discrimination at its finest.

Actually they are incorrect. There are at least 3 levels of "abominations". Ya gotta know yer "abominations".
Some were cultural, some interpersonal, and only the highest level was "abomination to Yahweh". Unfortunately this was not the highest level. It was a just a plain ole garden variety "abomination", (equivalent to eating with a foreigner, or Egyptian), and did not rise to a serious offense level.
Lol.
04-02-2013, 02:50 PM
You should hear the people on my facebook going ON and ON about how its in their rights to deny the couple service or "if you felt something was wrong with every fiber of your being how would -you- react"

.....They can't be serious.
[+] 1 user Likes Hobbitgirl's post
04-02-2013, 03:01 PM
I guess we should just feel lucky they didnt take it upon themselves to do gods work and kill the couple or something.
04-02-2013, 05:03 PM
Oh. Now I'm being told there is no racism in the bible. *laugh*
04-02-2013, 05:10 PM
(04-02-2013 05:03 PM)Hobbitgirl Wrote:  Oh. Now I'm being told there is no racism in the bible. *laugh*

We need quotes!

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like Chas's post
04-02-2013, 05:15 PM
(04-02-2013 05:10 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(04-02-2013 05:03 PM)Hobbitgirl Wrote:  Oh. Now I'm being told there is no racism in the bible. *laugh*

We need quotes
Give me a sec. Ill post the convo.
04-02-2013, 05:34 PM
christian 1: Not trying to be snarky, promise. Just wondering if discrimination against a business owner's religious beliefs is illegal too.....?

Hobbitgirl: So if they didn't like black people (for religious reasons) it would be okay to deny services?

c
Christian 1 I don't know of any religion in the US that discriminates racially, so wouldn't this be a moot point?

Hobbitgirl: Should read that bible again then
[+] 1 user Likes Hobbitgirl's post
04-02-2013, 05:35 PM
Theres that part of it.