Couple denied service at cake shoppe due to being "abominations of the lord"

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
25-02-2013, 05:30 PM
RE: Couple denied service at cake shoppe due to being "abominations of the lord"
(25-02-2013 04:57 PM)bbeljefe Wrote:  "Everything should be equal."

Why?
In the U.S., a retail store falls under the definition of a public accommodation and may not discriminate on who it serves.

U.S. law guarantees equal treatment. That's fucking why.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
25-02-2013, 05:40 PM
RE: Couple denied service at cake shoppe due to being "abominations of the lord"
"U.S. law guarantees equal treatment. That's fucking why."

No, that's telling me what. I already know what. I asked why.

And to clarify, not why are there laws.

The beginning of wisdom is to call things by their right names. - Chinese Proverb
25-02-2013, 06:38 PM
(25-02-2013 05:40 PM)bbeljefe Wrote:  "U.S. law guarantees equal treatment. That's fucking why."

No, that's telling me what. I already know what. I asked why.

And to clarify, not why are there laws.

Because equal treatment protects everyone.
If people are treated unequally, everyone is at risk. Who decides who is on top? At the bottom?
Unequal treatment is violence.

[+] 4 users Like Chas's post
25-02-2013, 06:57 PM
"Because equal treatment protects everyone."

Protects everyone from what? When you point guns at shop owners so people can trade with them, are you protecting the shop owner?

"If people are treated unequally, everyone is at risk."

At risk of what?

"Who decides who is on top? At the bottom?"

I don't profess to know what is best for others. Some people choose to be at "the bottom" and others choose to be at "the top". It is not my business to determine who is right and who is wrong. So my answer is that Chas decides whether Chas is on top or bottom and BB decides whether BB is on top or bottom. Of course, there are no guarantees that any of us can get anything we want. I may want to jump onto the moon, and I'm free to try, but there's nothing that says I deserve to make it.

"Unequal treatment is violence."

If an employer pays a college graduate $30.00 per hour and a high school drop out $7.00 per hour, for different jobs with different values to the operation of the company, that's violence? Please explain how that's violence while pointing guns at shop owners is not.

Lastly, if fairness at all costs is the order of the day, then you should make every member of this site an administrator. After all, it's hardly fair that I can be banned but I cannot ban anyone. What if someone libels me and you're not here? I will be harmed....

The beginning of wisdom is to call things by their right names. - Chinese Proverb
25-02-2013, 07:18 PM
(25-02-2013 06:57 PM)bbeljefe Wrote:  "Because equal treatment protects everyone."

Protects everyone from what? When you point guns at shop owners so people can trade with them, are you protecting the shop owner?

At risk of what?

I don't profess to know what is best for others. Some people choose to be at "the bottom" and others choose to be at "the top". It is not my business to determine who is right and who is wrong. So my answer is that Chas decides whether Chas is on top or bottom and BB decides whether BB is on top or bottom. Of course, there are no guarantees that any of us can get anything we want. I may want to jump onto the moon, and I'm free to try, but there's nothing that says I deserve to make it.

If an employer pays a college graduate $30.00 per hour and a high school drop out $7.00 per hour, for different jobs with different values to the operation of the company, that's violence? Please explain how that's violence while pointing guns at shop owners is not.

Lastly, if fairness at all costs is the order of the day, then you should make every member of this site an administrator. After all, it's hardly fair that I can be banned but I cannot ban anyone. What if someone libels me and you're not here? I will be harmed....
We are talking about serving the public, not paying employees.

Do try to stay with the subject.

25-02-2013, 07:34 PM
No problem.

"Because equal treatment protects everyone."

Protects everyone from what? When you point guns at shop owners so
people can trade with them, are you protecting the shop owner?

At risk of what?

At the top or bottom of what?

If a white bigot refuses to serve a black man at his restaurant, how has he harmed the black man? If a black bigot refuses to buy a hamburger at a white man's restaurant, how has he harmed the white man?

Lastly, if fairness at all costs is the order of the day, then you
should make every member of this site an administrator. After all, it's
hardly fair that I can be banned but I cannot ban anyone. What if
someone libels me and you're not here? I will be harmed....

Fixed. Thumbsup

26-02-2013, 08:19 PM (This post was last modified: 27-02-2013 04:52 AM by Bucky Ball.)
(25-02-2013 12:34 PM)Peanut Wrote:  I'm tempted to learn how to bake, open my own bakery.... it can be called "Home-'O-Bakery Goods." Smartass

I guarantee if you open that in West LA, North Hollywood, San Fran, Buckhead, (Atlanta), or Homo Heights, (Hillcrest) in San Diego, you will be a very rich woman. Thumbsup

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein Certified Ancient Astronaut Theorist and Levitating yogi, CAAT-LY.
Assistant Manager, Vice Detection, Whoville : Jebus no likey that which doth tickle thee unto thy nether regions.

Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Bucky Ball's post
26-02-2013, 08:52 PM
(26-02-2013 08:19 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  
(25-02-2013 12:34 PM)Peanut Wrote:  I'm tempted to learn how to bake, open my own bakery.... it can be called "Home-'O-Bakery Goods." Smartass

I guarantee if you open that in West LA, North Hollywood, San Fran, Buckhead, (Atlanta), or Homo Heights in San Diego, you will be a very rich woman. Thumbsup
I was pretty proud of that. Smile I gave myself a pat on the back. Now let's hope nobody claims my idea as their own before I can... Consider I probably shoulda put a copy write on that.

"It was life, often unsatisfying, frequently cruel, usually boring, sometimes beautiful, once in awhile exhilarating." -Stephen King
[+] 1 user Likes Peanut's post
26-02-2013, 10:16 PM
"I probably shoulda put a copy write on that."

Well, you almost did. It's copy right, not write. So now, as Peanut's official press agent and defacto intellectual property rights representative, I hereby claim copyright on the name Home-'O-Bakery Goods.

That'll only cost you fifty percent of gross. Or fifty large in cash, for the copyright. Since I now own half. Thumbsup

[+] 1 user Likes bbeljefe's post
26-02-2013, 10:32 PM
(26-02-2013 10:16 PM)bbeljefe Wrote:  "I probably shoulda put a copy write on that."

Well, you almost did. It's copy right, not write. So now, as Peanut's official press agent and defacto intellectual property rights representative, I hereby claim copyright on the name Home-'O-Bakery Goods.

That'll only cost you fifty percent of gross. Or fifty large in cash, for the copyright. Since I now own half. Thumbsup
This is really awkward for me... I don't recall the last time I was called out for posting a typo. Exclamation There is something wrong with my thinking today. Consider

"It was life, often unsatisfying, frequently cruel, usually boring, sometimes beautiful, once in awhile exhilarating." -Stephen King