Couple denied service at cake shoppe due to being "abominations of the lord"

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
03-03-2013, 02:14 PM
RE: Couple denied service at cake shoppe due to being "abominations of the lord"
(03-03-2013 11:43 AM)bbeljefe Wrote:  "Damn. Now we've run into a bit of a pickle in the ol' liberty department. [Image: consider.gif]"

The pickle you're talking about started when you (the collective) decided it was a good idea to point guns at people who don't agree with you.
Alright, I didn't even read the link about the cake shoppe; did I miss something? Blink

Through profound pain comes profound knowledge.
Ridi, Pagliaccio, sul tuo amore infranto! Ridi del duol, che t'avvelena il cor!
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
03-03-2013, 02:15 PM
RE: Couple denied service at cake shoppe due to being "abominations of the lord"
(03-03-2013 02:14 PM)Misanthropik Wrote:  
(03-03-2013 11:43 AM)bbeljefe Wrote:  "Damn. Now we've run into a bit of a pickle in the ol' liberty department. [Image: consider.gif]"

The pickle you're talking about started when you (the collective) decided it was a good idea to point guns at people who don't agree with you.
Alright, I didn't even read the link about the cake shoppe; did I miss something? Blink

Yes. Drinking Beverage

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
03-03-2013, 02:18 PM
(03-03-2013 02:15 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(03-03-2013 02:14 PM)Misanthropik Wrote:  Alright, I didn't even read the link about the cake shoppe; did I miss something? Blink

Yes. Drinking Beverage
[Image: facepalm.gif]

Oh well. He's not picking up what I'm putting down either. Drinking Beverage

Through profound pain comes profound knowledge.
Ridi, Pagliaccio, sul tuo amore infranto! Ridi del duol, che t'avvelena il cor!
03-03-2013, 06:39 PM
"I agree that laws are backed by the threat of a cost, not necessarily violence."

Gotta love that soft language. Laws are, ultimately, backed up with violence. Hiding the violence in words like cost does not change that truth.

"Laws are required because people are not always ethical or rational,
they are more typically self-interested, uncaring, and callous. It is a
fantasy to think otherwise."

I would argue that the fantasy is the notion that this problem can be solved by giving a small group of the most unethical people among us guns, armies and the right to initiate force at will.

The beginning of wisdom is to call things by their right names. - Chinese Proverb
03-03-2013, 06:41 PM
(03-03-2013 06:39 PM)bbeljefe Wrote:  "I agree that laws are backed by the threat of a cost, not necessarily violence."

Gotta love that soft language. Laws are, ultimately, backed up with violence. Hiding the violence in words like cost does not change that truth.

"Laws are required because people are not always ethical or rational,
they are more typically self-interested, uncaring, and callous. It is a
fantasy to think otherwise."

I would argue that the fantasy is the notion that this problem can be solved by giving a small group of the most unethical people among us guns, armies and the right to initiate force at will.
Please share your solution. It will have to include a means to circumvent or channel human nature.

03-03-2013, 07:01 PM
"Please share your solution."

Dun did, to some degree... in the anarchy thread. Not gonna do it again here because it's a lot of typing and you're smart enough to find that thread.

The beginning of wisdom is to call things by their right names. - Chinese Proverb
03-03-2013, 07:15 PM
(03-03-2013 07:01 PM)bbeljefe Wrote:  "Please share your solution."

Dun did, to some degree... in the anarchy thread. Not gonna do it again here because it's a lot of typing and you're smart enough to find that thread.

Yeah, I read that. Won't work.

03-03-2013, 07:24 PM
"Yeah, I read that. Won't work."

Gee thanks.... for not being in control of what everyone else does. Big Grin

18-01-2014, 12:49 AM (This post was last modified: 18-01-2014 12:52 AM by Hobbitgirl.)
An update:

Bakery has in fact, broken the law.

http://www.nwcn.com/news/240936931.html

"People demand freedom of speech as a compensation for the freedom of thought which they seldom use." Soren Kierkegaard
Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like Hobbitgirl's post

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Worshippers Robbed During Church Service Hypatia 2 220 16-09-2013 08:04 PM
Last Post: Free Thought
  This is how you celebrate The Lord... Filox 11 895 18-07-2012 03:30 PM
Last Post: kim
  British couple finally reveal gender of their 5 year old child. germanyt 16 2,701 23-01-2012 03:35 AM
Last Post: Malleus
  Young couple stoned to death Thammuz 4 533 07-05-2011 11:13 PM
Last Post: gaglamesh731
  Christian foster couple lose 'homosexuality views' case trillium13 7 753 02-03-2011 06:57 AM
Last Post: Free_Thinker