Courage

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
17-03-2012, 12:40 PM
RE: Courage
(16-03-2012 09:36 PM)dexrusjak Wrote:  Hey, guys. I've been lurking around the forum for a while now and figured it was time for me to join. As I do, I would like to ask a favor...

Tonight I finally sat down and wrote my wife a letter explaining to her that I am an atheist. Without going into much detail, I am terrified for her to know. I've been a closet atheist for 3 years now, and no one knows. Every person in my life is a Christian. I just can't hide it anymore. I've got to be honest.

Anywho, I've got the letter, now I just need to grow a set and give it to her. Any encouragement you guys could offer would be much appreciated.

I look forward to participating in the discussions here. Thanks for having me.

If your wife leaves you for being an atheist then you deserve shit tons better than that. Also welcome to the forums.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
17-03-2012, 06:05 PM (This post was last modified: 17-03-2012 08:56 PM by GirlyMan.)
RE: Courage
(17-03-2012 08:47 AM)dexrusjak Wrote:  
(16-03-2012 11:16 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(16-03-2012 09:36 PM)dexrusjak Wrote:  Anywho, I've got the letter, now I just need to grow a set and give it to her.

And I'd be disappointed in her if she didn't just bitch slap the shit out of your sorry ass.

What's with all the hostility?

Sorry, that was a bit abrupt. To clarify, handing my wife a letter like that feels to me a bit analogous to informing her I'm having an affair by handing her an envelope with explicit photos of me and my mistress.

First you gotta decide whether differences in metaphysics are even worth causing a stir over (in almost all cases they're not), and if so, then you gotta grow the stones to say it to her, handing her a letter is just pussying out deserving of a proper bitch slapping.

For what's it's worth I've been an atheist for a long time now and my then devout Catholic wife and the Catholic Church both knew it when we were married over 26 years ago now. Differences in metaphysics have never been an issue in our marriage. ... Now differences in financial priorities, well that's a different story. Wink

As it was in the beginning is now and ever shall be, world without end. Amen.
And I will show you something different from either
Your shadow at morning striding behind you
Or your shadow at evening rising to meet you;
I will show you fear in a handful of dust.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply