Courageous

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
27-09-2011, 03:57 PM
Courageous
From the creators of Fireproof, this is another movie to inspire men to embrace faith (Christian) and family. The faith part is what I take issue with. I hope this movie doesn't do well. I'd hate to see a religious revival in this country.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
27-09-2011, 04:15 PM

RE: Courageous
Big Grin Oh gwad not another Kirk Cameron movie!
Quote this message in a reply
27-09-2011, 08:31 PM
I don't think Kirk Cameron is in this one. Why, were you worried he bring up the crocoduck?
Big Grin

BTW, notice that in both these movies the guys have manly jobs. They were fire fighters in Fireproof and now police officers in Courageous. Hmmm.
27-09-2011, 09:26 PM
(27-09-2011 08:31 PM)RubyHypatia Wrote:  I don't think Kirk Cameron is in this one. Why, were you worried he bring up the crocoduck?
Big Grin

BTW, notice that in both these movies the guys have manly jobs. They were fire fighters in Fireproof and now police officers in Courageous. Hmmm.

I am so into deeply complicated movie plots with 2 whole ideas in 2 whole "different" movies... but shouldn't the name have been, Policageous? for consistency...

Who can turn skies back and begin again?
28-09-2011, 07:30 AM
On a side note: Has anyone seen The Ledge yet? I have heard about it but I have not yet found it to watch. For those who do not know, it was directed by Charles Darwin's grandson and the main character is an atheist and the antagonist is a fundamentalist.

“Science is simply common sense at its best, that is, rigidly accurate in observation, and merciless to fallacy in logic.”
—Thomas Henry Huxley
28-09-2011, 09:16 AM
(28-09-2011 07:30 AM)TheBeardedDude Wrote:  On a side note: Has anyone seen The Ledge yet? I have heard about it but I have not yet found it to watch. For those who do not know, it was directed by Charles Darwin's grandson and the main character is an atheist and the antagonist is a fundamentalist.

I haven't seen it, but it is *definately* on my list of movies to check out at some point.

We make our world significant by the courage of our questions and the depth of our answers.

- Carl Sagan
28-09-2011, 07:56 PM
It would be nice is there were more good Atheist characters in movies and TV. Too often we are portrayed as bitter, hateful people.

BTW, since we call women oriented films, "chick flicks," let's call Courageous a, "dick flick." Come on, you know these fundy movies want men to take back their patriarchal roles.
[+] 1 user Likes RubyHypatia's post
28-09-2011, 08:55 PM
(28-09-2011 07:30 AM)TheBeardedDude Wrote:  On a side note: Has anyone seen The Ledge yet? I have heard about it but I have not yet found it to watch. For those who do not know, it was directed by Charles Darwin's grandson and the main character is an atheist and the antagonist is a fundamentalist.

My wife and I rented The Ledge from the cable company about a month ago, it was pretty good, especially a scene where the main character is invited to dinner by the holy-roller neighbor. It wasn't the best movie I've ever seen but it wasn't bad either.

I think that the most important thing is that atheists are seen to be normal people. We need to emulate the LGBT movement in that people who knew nothing about them began to realize that LGBT's are family, neighbors and friends and that it is okay to be one of them. We need to do the same thing for atheism and that's what movies like The Ledge do. Good job overall.

“There is no sin except stupidity.” Oscar Wilde
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
28-09-2011, 11:29 PM
(28-09-2011 07:56 PM)RubyHypatia Wrote:  It would be nice is there were more good Atheist characters in movies and TV. Too often we are portrayed as bitter, hateful people.

BTW, since we call women oriented films, "chick flicks," let's call Courageous a, "dick flick." Come on, you know these fundy movies want men to take back their patriarchal roles.

I LOLed... for real, like I actualy did laugh out loud.

But yeah you have a point, I kinda want to watch this stupid movie just to see how ridiculous it really is...

I watched the trailer and the fat cop goes

*reading the bible with his wife*
'I've been doing everything wrong'

So I want the rest of the scene to go...

'I should have already sold our daughter into marriage slavery, and you should be in the kitchen right now, oh and you need to stop reading all those books!'

[Image: 1471821-futurama_bender_s_big_score_imag...er-1-1.jpg]
29-09-2011, 12:33 AM
(28-09-2011 07:56 PM)RubyHypatia Wrote:  It would be nice is there were more good Atheist characters in movies and TV. Too often we are portrayed as bitter, hateful people.

Hi Ruby.
Actually I saw a movie about Hypatia about a year ago.
She was a brilliant woman who was given a terrible deal
by those mysoginistic dick flick males.Cool