Coursera course on vaccines

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
19-02-2015, 02:43 PM
Coursera course on vaccines
Evening, all.

We've had a few threads on vaccines lately. I'm going to miss Anti...not.

Some/many of you will be familiar with Coursera and edX and other collaborations which offer MOOCs (Massive open online course). Interested people from around the world can enrol in an essentially free short term course offered by Harvard, Yale, Oxford etc etc as well as some lesser lights (but still legit - not Bullshit College, based in Nowhere). i say "essentially free" because you can follow the course in several ways. You can pay a small fee and get a Certificate which indicates your grade or you can "audit" the course. You follow the course, do the exercises and get a grade. Not worth much in terms of your CV, but good for your self-esteem and it won't hurt with prospective employers. Another alternative is to simply download the course material on a week by week basis and then work through it as time and interest permits. Your work won't be graded.

Coursera has just announced a course on Vaccines, run by Perelman School of Medicine, University of Pennsylvania, running from April 13 to May 24. Information is available here...

https://www.coursera.org/course/vaccines

Dr Paul Offit is the main guy in this course (definitely not one of the lesser lights).

I hope this is of interest to some of you.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like jockmcdock's post