Court: Vatican can't prosecute journalists

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
08-07-2016, 07:18 AM
Court: Vatican can't prosecute journalists
According to this article a Vatican court ruled that the Vatican can't prosecute two journalists who exposed confidential documents showing corruption, greed, and mismanagement. A third man, a monsignor, was convicted in a Vatican court for conspiring to leak these documents.

So let's see if I understand this. The organization who claims they are living for a loving being, who raped children and hid the offenders, who laundered money, who actively tried to shelter funds they they were ordered to pay to rape victims, finds all of this less offensive than someone having a conscience and airing their dirty laundry. Nice to see the love of Jebus showing through them.

"If we are honest—and scientists have to be—we must admit that religion is a jumble of false assertions, with no basis in reality.
The very idea of God is a product of the human imagination."
- Paul Dirac
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 6 users Like The Organic Chemist's post
08-07-2016, 08:13 AM
RE: Court: Vatican can't prosecute journalists
(08-07-2016 07:18 AM)The Organic Chemist Wrote:  According to this article a Vatican court ruled that the Vatican can't prosecute two journalists who exposed confidential documents showing corruption, greed, and mismanagement. A third man, a monsignor, was convicted in a Vatican court for conspiring to leak these documents.

So let's see if I understand this. The organization who claims they are living for a loving being, who raped children and hid the offenders, who laundered money, who actively tried to shelter funds they they were ordered to pay to rape victims, finds all of this less offensive than someone having a conscience and airing their dirty laundry. Nice to see the love of Jebus showing through them.

At the higher levels of the hierarchy, RCC=Mafia. I don't think the laity thinks that way, but if they opened their eyes they would see and maybe stop giving money and support.
08-07-2016, 08:29 AM
"According to a *top Vatican exorcist" .... LMFAO .... Laugh out loadLaugh out loadLaugh out loadLaugh out loadLaugh out loadLaugh out load
http://www.cnn.com/2012/05/27/world/euro...sing-girl/
WTAF kind of job is THAT ? LOL

I don't know if they "are" Mafia, but they did launder/invest a lot of money for them ... and in the Vatican Bank scandal, lost a huge wad of it (200 mil), when the Banco Ambrosiano in Milan went bust, (and the firing of those officials, including 2 cardinals, is why John Paul I was murdered in the late '80s)
https://www.amazon.com/Vatican-Exposed-M...1591020654

Anyway, Emanuella Orlandi, (the daughter of a Vatican employee) was kidnapped and murdered by the Mafia as "payback" for the loss of the big bucks by the Vatican Bank. I think they found her body a few years ago.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
08-07-2016, 09:18 AM
If the Russians tried "evangelizing" their doctrine the way the Vatican does their dogma --- we'd consider it an act of war, and react accordingly........

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
08-07-2016, 09:29 AM
Can't the vatican just call down lightening bolts or make the earth open up beneath their enemies or something?

Atheism: it's not just for communists any more!
America July 4 1776 - November 8 2016 RIP
[+] 1 user Likes unfogged's post
08-07-2016, 09:36 AM
(08-07-2016 08:29 AM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  "According to a *top Vatican exorcist" .... LMFAO .... Laugh out loadLaugh out loadLaugh out loadLaugh out loadLaugh out loadLaugh out load
http://www.cnn.com/2012/05/27/world/euro...sing-girl/

I don't know if they "are" Mafia, but they did launder/invest a lot of money for them ... and in the Vatican Bank scandal, lost a huge wad of it (200 mil), when the Banco Ambrosiano in Milan went bust, (and the firing of those officials, including 2 cardinals, is why John Paul I was murdered in the late '80s)
https://www.amazon.com/Vatican-Exposed-M...1591020654

Anyway, Emanuella Orlandi, (the daughter of a Vatican employee) was kidnapped and murdered by the Mafia as "payback" for the loss of the big bucks by the Vatican Bank. I think they found her body a few years ago.

I mean equal, but not necessarily the same org. I guess I was a little short on words there. They are equal opportunity, as they have laundered money for other people, as well.
08-07-2016, 12:47 PM
(08-07-2016 08:29 AM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  "According to a *top Vatican exorcist" ....

Sounds about as legit as KKK Grand Wizard.
08-07-2016, 12:51 PM
(08-07-2016 12:47 PM)RobbyPants Wrote:  
(08-07-2016 08:29 AM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  "According to a *top Vatican exorcist" ....

True. But the KKK is less bigoted.

"If we are honest—and scientists have to be—we must admit that religion is a jumble of false assertions, with no basis in reality.
The very idea of God is a product of the human imagination."
- Paul Dirac
08-07-2016, 01:50 PM
(08-07-2016 12:47 PM)RobbyPants Wrote:  

And while the KKK Grand Wizard is an asshole of the nth degree --- at least he DOES something.....

The "top Vatican exorcist" - is some con man, who goes about wagging his dick at people and convincing them that he's "chasing out demons"......

And -- the Grand Wizard -- I'm betting at least pays taxes....................

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
[+] 2 users Like onlinebiker's post