Cowboy takes on homophobe bully @ airport.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
25-10-2014, 09:09 AM
Cowboy takes on homophobe bully @ airport.
Watch a cowboy stand up to a homophobe. http://www.ifyouonlynews.com/humor/watch...man-video/

Poetry by Brian37(poems by an atheist) Also on Facebook as BrianJames Rational Poet and Twitter Brianrrs37
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
25-10-2014, 09:45 AM
RE: Cowboy takes on homophobe bully @ airport.
(25-10-2014 09:09 AM)Brian37 Wrote:  Watch a cowboy

In truth, I was more impressed by the guy in the pink shirt who leapt out of his wheelchair.

Ohmy

Find all posts by this user
[+] 3 users Like DLJ's post
25-10-2014, 09:58 AM
Wow
Just wow

When I want your opinion I'll read your entrails.
25-10-2014, 10:05 AM
(25-10-2014 09:45 AM)DLJ Wrote:  In truth, I was more impressed by the guy in the pink shirt who leapt out of his wheelchair.

Yeah, the 'cowboy' didn't seem to really do all that much. The others reacted faster when the jackass started kicking.

The comments at the end about his maybe being drunk or high were odd. Even if true, the comments were still coming from what the guy actually thinks. I've always held more to the "in vino veritas" view of intoxicants and the guy didn't sound or act like he was really wasted, just stupid.

It is scary to think that views that ignorant can be so prevalent. The "because 'murica" comment he made was kind of funny though. It made it look like a possible Poe.

Atheism: it's not just for communists any more!
America July 4 1776 - November 8 2016 RIP
[+] 3 users Like unfogged's post
25-10-2014, 02:50 PM
I'd bet the guy was under the influence of "religion" instead of alcohol. If you hear that homosexuality is an abomination and that same-sex marriage is a plight on society sooner or later you'll get brainwashed into thinking that assaulting a gay person is perfectly OK.

The great thing was how many people came to the guys defense Thumbsup

*I've been attacked by homophobes when I was in my twenties. My oldest friend, a gay man, and I went to have dinner near his house. Walking back three young men piled out of a car and tried to beat us up, all the while screaming "kill the queers".

They fucked with the wrong guy that night, I knocked one out cold, and tackled another one off of my friend. The two still standing dragged their buddy back to the car and took off. My shirt was ripped, I couldn't find a shoe and my friend had taken off running down the street leaving me alone. The dudes in the car came back and I had to hightail it through people's yards and over fences to get away. All this because they though it'd be fun to beat up on a couple of "queers". I shudder to think what would have happened if they had bats or a gun that night.

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
25-10-2014, 04:38 PM
(25-10-2014 02:50 PM)Full Circle Wrote:  The great thing was how many people came to the guys defense Thumbsup

I'd like to think that most people are actually more moral than their religion. They may say that gays deserve hell and vote against same-sex marriage but when faced with direct, tangible harm like that their instinct is to stop it.

Atheism: it's not just for communists any more!
America July 4 1776 - November 8 2016 RIP
31-10-2014, 05:24 AM
I've always found these sorts of incidents pretty interesting, but a lot of people keep telling me that it is 'white savior syndrome' and that I should hate people who stand up for strangers. I suppose that comes out of Tumblr though where skin hue is still considered the way to judge people.

[Image: sigone_zps207cf92c.png]

Leonard Nimoy
1931-2015
Live long and prosper.