Crack down on aliens

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
13-02-2017, 05:46 PM
RE: Crack down on aliens
(13-02-2017 04:29 PM)Heath_Tierney Wrote:  Disappointed in my Prime Minister, who's in Washington right now with a tete-a-tete with Agent Orange, the Liar In Chief.

Instead of taking this opportunity to press the issue of the illegal Muslim ban, Trudeau is keeping most of the talk about economic issues; important, to be sure, but there are other issues that need addressing too.

Source: Trudeau, Trump find common ground on economy, security but remain at odds over immigration

Maybe Trudeau could discuss a working healthcare system with Trump.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes pablo's post
13-02-2017, 10:04 PM
(13-02-2017 05:13 PM)Thumpalumpacus Wrote:  
(11-02-2017 08:37 AM)abaris Wrote:  The door to door checks and the roadblocks are what's striking me as a rather worrying procedure. Especially in a country where you're not required to posess photo ID. So everyone could be taken in on suspicion of being an illegal alien. That reminds me of a totalitarian regime, but I'm sure that's what this administration is striving for in any case.

In California, and several other states that I know of, one is not required to provide ID to a police officer in the absence of reasonable suspicion of involvement in a crime.

I am not required to open my door to a police officer here in Texas, nor am I required to permit his entrance, unless reasonable suspicion can be shown.

Yes, that is an excellent point. Of course I don't know the situation behind the illegal immigrants that weren't previously suspected of being criminals, however, if they were minding their own business and not engaging in suspicious activity I'd say you're both absolutely right. Assuming that situation was the case, I'd happily rescind my previous statement as (as far as I know, and I'm taking your word for it) some of the people were forced to prove citizenship while doing nothing suspect.

[+] 1 user Likes Dark Light's post
13-02-2017, 10:14 PM
(13-02-2017 05:22 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  
(11-02-2017 05:54 PM)kim Wrote:  Meh, I don't mind Klingons & Romulans so much.

But, I fuckin' loathe the Ferengi. Capitalist pig extremists - the lot of 'em. Dodgy

What about the Vulcans?! I worry sometimes about their peaceful motives.

Everytime you hear about somebody getting abducted and anally probed -- you can bet there's some green blooded, pointy eared bastard behind it.......

heh

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
14-02-2017, 01:11 AM
Bias liberal media was soft on Obama when he deported illegals.
They want to destroy Trump that is why they want to plant fear. I blame liberal bias media for creating fear. They didn't do this to Obama. Shame on liberal media. I despise them.
They are fake news.
They hated Tea Party movement. They lied about us. They are a basket of deplorables
But the more they do this the more they help President Trump. Thank you, bias liberal media

English is my second language.
I AM DEPLORABLE AND IRREDEEMABLE
SHE PERSISTED WE RESISTED
14-02-2017, 08:17 AM (This post was last modified: 14-02-2017 09:11 AM by Thumpalumpacus.)
(13-02-2017 10:04 PM)Dark Light Wrote:  Assuming that situation was the case, I'd happily rescind my previous statement as (as far as I know, and I'm taking your word for it) some of the people were forced to prove citizenship while doing nothing suspect.

The map at the bottom of this post, which I found on Wikipedia, depicts in red those states which have laws requiring people to present identification to police upon demand in the event there is reasonable suspicion that they are connected to criminal activity. Given that, and given the fact that both California and Texas were hotbeds of activity in the recent ICE raids, it seems that federal agents may well have violated state laws, though I'm unsure whether the states can or will prosecute.

Section III of this New York State website has a pretty clear explanation of how the feds may and may not approach these matters -- and it looks as if the feds may be overstepping some rules.

But I'm not a lawyer nor an immigrant.

Anyway, here's that map laying out whether or not an individual must identify himself to the police, so long as reasonable suspicion has been established:

[Image: 330px-States_with_Stop_and_Identify_Laws.png]
[+] 2 users Like Thumpalumpacus's post
14-02-2017, 08:23 AM
(14-02-2017 01:11 AM)Alla Wrote:  Bias liberal media was soft on Obama when he deported illegals.
They want to destroy Trump that is why they want to plant fear. I blame liberal bias media for creating fear. They didn't do this to Obama. Shame on liberal media. I despise them.
They are fake news.
They hated Tea Party movement. They lied about us. They are a basket of deplorables
But the more they do this the more they help President Trump. Thank you, bias liberal media

You do realize, don't you, that when you're blaming the media you have automatically lost the argument, right?

BTW... "fake news" isn't defined as "stuff that Trump and his supporters don't like." Fake news is Hillary having Parkinsons (a lie), Obama born in Kenya (a lie), Jade Helm was a Democrat plan to take over Texas (a lie), aliens overruning Antarctica (a lie), Comet Pizza was a front for child abuse (a lie), vaccines causing autism (a lie), Florida Democrats wanting to impose Sharia (a lie), the Bowling Green massacre (a lie), Obama will cancel the 2016 election and declare martial law (a lie)... I could go on, but you probably get the point.
[+] 4 users Like Heath_Tierney's post
14-02-2017, 08:28 AM
(14-02-2017 08:17 AM)Thumpalumpacus Wrote:  Anyway, here's that map laying out whether or not an individual must identify himself to the police, so long as reasonable suspicion has been established:

Assuming the federal agents are bound by state laws... I don't know how that plays out but if they are then the question then becomes whether or not reasonable suspicion has been established. In cases where they targeted the home of somebody they knew was here illegally I can see where there might be a case for suspecting others found in the same home. If the reports are true though, they went door-to-door demanding to see papers and I don't see that being Hispanic in a Hispanic neighborhood reaches the level of reasonable suspicion for that kind of raid.

Atheism: it's not just for communists any more!
America July 4 1776 - November 8 2016 RIP
[+] 2 users Like unfogged's post
14-02-2017, 09:15 AM
(14-02-2017 08:28 AM)unfogged Wrote:  
(14-02-2017 08:17 AM)Thumpalumpacus Wrote:  Anyway, here's that map laying out whether or not an individual must identify himself to the police, so long as reasonable suspicion has been established:

Assuming the federal agents are bound by state laws... I don't know how that plays out but if they are then the question then becomes whether or not reasonable suspicion has been established. In cases where they targeted the home of somebody they knew was here illegally I can see where there might be a case for suspecting others found in the same home. If the reports are true though, they went door-to-door demanding to see papers and I don't see that being Hispanic in a Hispanic neighborhood reaches the level of reasonable suspicion for that kind of raid.

Indeed. Not being a lawyer, I'm unable to offer much more insight, for which fact I apologize. I know that were I an immigrant, I wouldn't open a goddamned eyelid without making sure I had my paperwork in order.
14-02-2017, 10:21 AM
Heath_Tierney Wrote:You do realize, don't you, that when you're blaming the media you have automatically lost the argument, right?
I am blaming liberal media, not just media.
No, I don't realize. Please, explain it to me.
Heath_Tierney Wrote:BTW... "fake news" isn't defined as "stuff that Trump and his supporters don't like."
According to liberal corrupt biased journalists. Trump and his supporters don't claim this.

P.S. Fake news is when liberal media(journalist) says that bust of MLK was removed from the oval office. Fake news is when former president Obama lies looking in your eyes " if you like your doctor you can keep your doctor". Fake news is when liberal media says that Trump will never become the President of the USA. Fake news is when government blames you tube video.
And yes, those things you mentioned are also fake news. But Trump and his supporters are NOT journalists. Those who said all those things were NOT journalists.
But liberal journalists are biased. They spread fake news to help corrupt politicians like crooked Hillary. Liberal CNN is fake news. They tried to destroy Sanders to help Hillary. Shame on them. They are corrupt also.
Give me a name of any conservative journalists who spread those fake news you mentioned?

English is my second language.
I AM DEPLORABLE AND IRREDEEMABLE
SHE PERSISTED WE RESISTED
14-02-2017, 11:31 AM
(14-02-2017 08:17 AM)Thumpalumpacus Wrote:  
(13-02-2017 10:04 PM)Dark Light Wrote:  Assuming that situation was the case, I'd happily rescind my previous statement as (as far as I know, and I'm taking your word for it) some of the people were forced to prove citizenship while doing nothing suspect.

The map at the bottom of this post, which I found on Wikipedia, depicts in red those states which have laws requiring people to present identification to police upon demand in the event there is reasonable suspicion that they are connected to criminal activity. Given that, and given the fact that both California and Texas were hotbeds of activity in the recent ICE raids, it seems that federal agents may well have violated state laws, though I'm unsure whether the states can or will prosecute.

Section III of this New York State website has a pretty clear explanation of how the feds may and may not approach these matters -- and it looks as if the feds may be overstepping some rules.

But I'm not a lawyer nor an immigrant.

Anyway, here's that map laying out whether or not an individual must identify himself to the police, so long as reasonable suspicion has been established:

[Image: 330px-States_with_Stop_and_Identify_Laws.png]

Like you, I'm also not a Constitutional Lawyer, but I would tend to think even the red states you have listed have state laws that would violate the 4th Amendment, and therefore be invalid regardless of which state it occurred in....again with the understanding there were minding their own business, blah, blah, blah...

[+] 1 user Likes Dark Light's post