Crackle vs. Netflix

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
20-12-2012, 06:40 PM
Crackle vs. Netflix
Am I the last one that just discovered this? Probably. Dodgy

I have learned there is such a thing as http://www.crackle.com for a larger selection of streaming movies and tv shows than Netflix offers, AND it's free!

I use Roku to connect my TV to the internet. Crackle TV is one of the channels you can add for free to your Roku lineup.

I have now shared this knowledge with you. Use it wisely.

"All that is necessary for the triumph of Calvinism is that good Atheists do nothing." ~Eric Oh My
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
20-12-2012, 08:08 PM
RE: Crackle vs. Netflix
Meh. I tried crackle out a couple of times. Once when it was new but I found the quality of content to be pretty bad. The most notable thing they even had was the movie Brainscan which is not the best movie.
I went back and checked it out on xbox a while back and it wasn't much better. Some shitty anime and brainscan was gone. Best they had was the live action Tick... Which wasn't very good.

"I think of myself as an intelligent, sensitive human being with the soul of a clown which always forces me to blow it at the most important moments." -Jim Morrison
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
20-12-2012, 09:10 PM
Crackle vs. Netflix
My initial impression was Crackle has a lot more movies that I'd like to watch than I find when I forage through Netflix's streaming offerings.

"All that is necessary for the triumph of Calvinism is that good Atheists do nothing." ~Eric Oh My
20-12-2012, 10:48 PM
I haven't checked it in a while maybe ill give it one last shot.

Netflix Canada sucks ass. Everything beats it. Even cardboard string phones.

"I think of myself as an intelligent, sensitive human being with the soul of a clown which always forces me to blow it at the most important moments." -Jim Morrison
22-12-2012, 06:53 PM
I haven't tried Crackle yet, though between Netflix and now YouTube on our Wii, we've given up cable. Of course, the kids' favorite YouTube channels are SpaceRip, Minute Physics and Khan Academy so I don't think we count. Going to check out Crackle now though.
[+] 1 user Likes ScienceGeek2587's post
22-12-2012, 07:01 PM
It needs more zombie films and anime. Big Grin

[Image: opforum1.png]
22-12-2012, 08:13 PM
Crackle vs. Netflix
(20-12-2012 10:48 PM)lucradis Wrote:  I haven't checked it in a while maybe ill give it one last shot.

Netflix Canada sucks ass. Everything beats it. Even cardboard string phones.

Key word being Canada. Drinking Beverage

23-12-2012, 01:17 AM
(20-12-2012 08:08 PM)lucradis Wrote:  Meh. I tried crackle out a couple of times. Once when it was new but I found the quality of content to be pretty bad. The most notable thing they even had was the movie Brainscan which is not the best movie.
I went back and checked it out on xbox a while back and it wasn't much better. Some shitty anime and brainscan was gone. Best they had was the live action Tick... Which wasn't very good.
I wonder if that's because, the same as netflix, Canada doesn't have permission for a lot of content. Too bad!
23-12-2012, 02:14 AM
Myeh, browsing through all of this I'm not really impressed. (on Crackle)

Bury me with my guns on, so when I reach the other side - I can show him what it feels like to die.
Bury me with my guns on, so when I'm cast out of the sky, I can shoot the devil right between the eyes.
23-12-2012, 09:43 AM
I don't think Crackle works that way since it's all free and ad supported, but I might be wrong.

One of you filthy americans should screen grab the available content for me so I can do a comparison.