Craft Beer

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
09-09-2013, 12:25 PM
Craft Beer
Haven't seen a thread about this so I thought I'd start one.

I live in Riverside, CA ( 60 miles east of Los Angeles ) and I've got some great breweries/liquor stores out here that I frequent in my free time to try out new beers.

My favorite breweries from my region are Stone, Hangar 24, Ritual, Black Market Brewing, Port/Lost Abby brewing.

The styles that i generally like to drink are DIPA's, Stouts, Hefs, and have been warming up to Saisons over the last 6 months or so.

But what I'd really like to know is where do YOU live and and what are some of the breweries/beers you like to enjoy in your neck of the woods?

P.S. if you have Untappd, I'd love to friend you so we can peep each others beer lists and nerd out.

cheers
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Shawnzy's post
09-09-2013, 12:39 PM
RE: Craft Beer
There was this:
http://www.thethinkingatheist.com/forum/...Craft-Beer .

And this:
http://www.thethinkingatheist.com/forum/...Shelf-Syle .

But those are buried in the obscure little 'food' section. Clearly we need a more mainstream beer thread.

I generally stick to my local breweries; Stack here in town to start with (but they're so brand new production is really uneven, plus their IPA isn't nearly well hopped enough). There's Highlander over in South River, then heading south from there Lake of Bays, Muskoka, and Sawdust City down 11; Flying Monkeys in Barrie... of course by then, 'local' has been stretched to '300 kilometres'. All good, though.

... this is my signature!
09-09-2013, 01:28 PM
(09-09-2013 12:39 PM)cjlr Wrote:  I generally stick to my local breweries; Stack here in town to start with (but they're so brand new production is really uneven, plus their IPA isn't nearly well hopped enough). There's Highlander over in South River, then heading south from there Lake of Bays, Muskoka, and Sawdust City down 11; Flying Monkeys in Barrie... of course by then, 'local' has been stretched to '300 kilometres'. All good, though.

What do you think of Unibroue? I've liked pretty much everything i tasted form them, but it's the only widely released canadian beer in the States. Is it something that most Canadians enjoy or is it more of a 'go to' brewery (like Sierra Nevada in the states which is good but so widely released it's lost a lot of its Umph)
09-09-2013, 02:05 PM
(09-09-2013 01:28 PM)Shawnzy Wrote:  What do you think of Unibroue? I've liked pretty much everything i tasted form them, but it's the only widely released canadian beer in the States. Is it something that most Canadians enjoy or is it more of a 'go to' brewery (like Sierra Nevada in the states which is good but so widely released it's lost a lot of its Umph)

I'm always suprised when I see Unibroue turn up somewhere like Florida or Virginia (Vermont I can understand lol). How long's that been going on? Since they were independent, 10 years ago? Decent enough stuff, mind; they've got about a dozen varieties, but they're all pretty yeasty old-school ales, the difference is down to the malts. Since they're mostly overproof I tend to associate them with a friend of mine who was always interested in maximizing his alcohol intake per craft beer dollar...

09-09-2013, 02:06 PM
"Hey, you mix potions right? Can you brew me an ale?"

[Image: 9f6.gif]
09-09-2013, 02:15 PM
(09-09-2013 02:06 PM)ELK12695 Wrote:  "Hey, you mix potions right? Can you brew me an ale?"

If you can make bread you can make beer. Don't need any of that fancy alchemical nonsense!

(only if you want to distill your booze)

09-09-2013, 02:17 PM
(09-09-2013 02:15 PM)cjlr Wrote:  
(09-09-2013 02:06 PM)ELK12695 Wrote:  "Hey, you mix potions right? Can you brew me an ale?"

If you can make bread you can make beer. Don't need any of that fancy alchemical nonsense!

(only if you want to distill your booze)

[Image: fZUIY.jpg]

[Image: 9f6.gif]
09-09-2013, 03:52 PM
Beer is for brainless pussies.
Vanilla Coke is where it's at bitches.

[Image: 3cdac7eec8f6b059070d9df56f50a7ae.jpg]
Now with 40% more awesome.
[+] 1 user Likes earmuffs's post
09-09-2013, 06:15 PM
My thread has info on what beers I'm into. Unibroue has a strong presence here in Michigan too. They even make beer for Trader Joe's here. They have some solid brews.

OP: You're from Cali and you didn't give Russian River a mention? I'm dying to try their Supplication. I LOVE sours and that is the one that is on top of many sour lovers' list. Want to send me a bottle? If they ask, just say it's a yeast sample for scientific research Smile

“We are all connected; To each other, biologically. To the earth, chemically. To the rest of the universe atomically.”

-Neil deGrasse Tyson
09-09-2013, 06:38 PM
(09-09-2013 12:25 PM)Shawnzy Wrote:  Haven't seen a thread about this so I thought I'd start one.

I live in Riverside, CA ( 60 miles east of Los Angeles ) and I've got some great breweries/liquor stores out here that I frequent in my free time to try out new beers.

My favorite breweries from my region are Stone, Hangar 24, Ritual, Black Market Brewing, Port/Lost Abby brewing.

The styles that i generally like to drink are DIPA's, Stouts, Hefs, and have been warming up to Saisons over the last 6 months or so.

But what I'd really like to know is where do YOU live and and what are some of the breweries/beers you like to enjoy in your neck of the woods?

P.S. if you have Untappd, I'd love to friend you so we can peep each others beer lists and nerd out.

cheers

I'm not a beer drinker but up here in Portland Oregon crafted beer is HUGE. You should fly up here next July and go to this.....

http://www.oregonbrewfest.com/

While your here you can get a taste of Porlandia and it's weirdness.

Shakespeare Insult 13 – Henry IV Part 1
“That trunk of humours, that bolting-hutch of beastliness, that swollen parcel of dropsies, that huge bombard of sack, that stuffed cloak-bag of guts, that reverend vice, that grey Iniquity, that father ruffian, that vanity in years?”
[+] 1 user Likes dancefortwo's post