• 0 Votes - 0 Average
28-08-2013, 08:23 PM
RE: Crafts
The first photo is a bracelet a made for my mother last Christmas
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
30-08-2013, 02:34 PM
(28-08-2013 08:22 PM)BrokenQuill92 Wrote:  I make jewelry, crochet scarfs, shawls, and blankets, and I paint.

BrokenQuill, am I mistaken or did you mention that you were blind. I might be thinking of another forum member and my brain is fried or something.

Shakespeare Insult 13 – Henry IV Part 1
“That trunk of humours, that bolting-hutch of beastliness, that swollen parcel of dropsies, that huge bombard of sack, that stuffed cloak-bag of guts, that reverend vice, that grey Iniquity, that father ruffian, that vanity in years?”
Find all posts by this user
30-08-2013, 04:49 PM
(30-08-2013 02:34 PM)dancefortwo Wrote:  
(28-08-2013 08:22 PM)BrokenQuill92 Wrote:  I make jewelry, crochet scarfs, shawls, and blankets, and I paint.

BrokenQuill, am I mistaken or did you mention that you were blind. I might be thinking of another forum member and my brain is fried or something.
Nope you are exactly right I'm a blind artist tee hee
30-08-2013, 04:50 PM
Crazy right?
30-08-2013, 05:39 PM
(30-08-2013 04:50 PM)BrokenQuill92 Wrote:  Crazy right?

Well, holy hell! How do you do it? That's a beautiful necklace!

I sew professionally so I can't call it a hobby. I was a costume designer for many years and now own a workroom dedicated to making window treatments, bedding and other fabrications for high end interior designers. Sometimes I wish I could go back to sewing for personal pleasure but, alas, I need the money so I can eat.

In my spare time I love to make jewelry too. I'd like to learn how to weave with beads on a loom someday.

“That trunk of humours, that bolting-hutch of beastliness, that swollen parcel of dropsies, that huge bombard of sack, that stuffed cloak-bag of guts, that reverend vice, that grey Iniquity, that father ruffian, that vanity in years?”
30-08-2013, 05:40 PM
(30-08-2013 05:39 PM)dancefortwo Wrote:  

I sew professionally so I can't call it a hobby. I was a costume designer for many years and now own a workroom dedicated to making window treatments, bedding and other fabrications for high end interior designers. Sometimes I wish I could go back to sewing for personal pleasure but, alas, I need the money so I can eat.

In my spare time I love to make jewelry too. I'd like to learn how to weave with beads on a loom someday.

And, wait a minute! You paint too? Amazing!

30-08-2013, 05:45 PM
http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blind_artists

http://drbeer.info/BAS_wp/

http://www.artbeyondsight.org/teach/how-...draw.shtml
30-08-2013, 05:50 PM
It was/is one of the reasons I had such a rough time adjusting to my blindness. I lost all my colors, the only thing I've got now is some light perception, basically I can tell day from night. And the sun does actually hurt my eyes even if I can't see it.
30-08-2013, 05:56 PM
(30-08-2013 05:39 PM)dancefortwo Wrote:  

Use a color Identifier, and use Simple numeric pattern. I use larger beads as show stoppers. I just feel the difference between the larger beads.
30-08-2013, 05:59 PM
I finished this piece last week I'm planning to sell it in a local shop.

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)