Craig on homosexuality

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
16-12-2012, 06:35 PM
RE: Craig on homosexuality
(16-12-2012 05:44 PM)Starcrash Wrote:  
(15-12-2012 02:33 AM)cufflink Wrote:  WLC: "The average life expectancy for a homosexual American male . . . is something like 43 years old."

Well, let's see. I'm 68. My partner and spouse is 74. Our friends B. and J., also long-term partners, are 68 and 72 respectively. Our friend E. is 72. D. is 75. G. is 90; his partner B. died last year at 94. Homosexual American males all.

Man, have we beaten the odds! Big Grin

My Christian father quoted this bullshit, and I asked him for a source -- he said it was from his favorite radio show with Chuck Missler (which is a finely flowing fountain of unsourced bullshit). But then I asked him how one would even go about finding this statistic. We know that married men live (on average) 6 years longer than unmarried men, but anyone could research that from obituaries because a statistic like marital status is regularly found in obituaries. Those don't list sexual preference. Nor can anyone be sure of a dead friend/relative's sexual preference for certain, even if the method of researching the lifespan of a homosexual was conducted through funeral polling. It's impossible to know the average lifespan of a gay person because there's nowhere to gather such data.

But... you know, if someone does attempt to collate that data through forum trolling... thanks, cufflink, for tilting the odds in favor of long-lifed gays.
Besides, let's say, for the sake of argument, that it's true that homosexuals die sooner than heterosexuals.

Correlation does not prove causation. So even then, Craig's argument is flawed.

Through profound pain comes profound knowledge.
Ridi, Pagliaccio, sul tuo amore infranto! Ridi del duol, che t'avvelena il cor!
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply