Craziest theories you've heard.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
14-08-2014, 09:52 AM
Craziest theories you've heard.
My husband and I have this acquaintance who believes anything that's posted on Facebook. And she spreads the ignorance as much as she can.

For instance, she reposted some graphic with all these blatantly wrong facts about fluoride that a simple Google search would have explained as being wrong, or at least taken completely out of context to suit one side's needs. When confronted with an opposing argument on one specific point, she responded with "WELL BUT IT'S STILL HARMFUL" so I didn't address it further.

So what are some of the crazy theories or thoughts you've heard? I'll say religion aside, because I think we can all agree on that one Wink
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
14-08-2014, 09:54 AM
RE: Craziest theories you've heard.
Rape culture I think takes the gold for crazy theories.

Paleoliberal • English Nationalist • Zionist • Rightist • Anti-Islam • Neoconservative • Republican • Linguistic Revivalist and Purist

Happily Divorced from the Left!
[+] 1 user Likes Res Publica's post
14-08-2014, 09:56 AM
(14-08-2014 09:54 AM)Res Publica Wrote:  Rape culture I think takes the gold for crazy theories.

In what way?

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

14-08-2014, 09:59 AM
(14-08-2014 09:56 AM)MrsFarrow Wrote:  
(14-08-2014 09:54 AM)Res Publica Wrote:  Rape culture I think takes the gold for crazy theories.

In what way?

The idea that rape is not a crime committed by violent dangerous criminals, but one committed by sensitive men who have just been confused about consent by our culture.

Paleoliberal • English Nationalist • Zionist • Rightist • Anti-Islam • Neoconservative • Republican • Linguistic Revivalist and Purist

Happily Divorced from the Left!
[+] 2 users Like Res Publica's post
14-08-2014, 10:03 AM
Mars was the old "Earth" that existed between Genesis 1:1 and 1:2. After it was demolished by the war between heaven and hell and it's fallen 1/3, God decided to place man on Earth.

This pertains particularly to the exhaustively debunked "Gap Theory" in theology.

[Image: dog-shaking.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes kingschosen's post
14-08-2014, 10:03 AM
(14-08-2014 09:59 AM)Res Publica Wrote:  
(14-08-2014 09:56 AM)MrsFarrow Wrote:  In what way?

The idea that rape is not a crime committed by violent dangerous criminals, but one committed by sensitive men who have just been confused about consent by our culture.

I figured that's what you meant. And yeah, that's definitely a good one.
[+] 1 user Likes MrsFarrow's post
14-08-2014, 10:04 AM
(14-08-2014 09:59 AM)Res Publica Wrote:  The idea that rape is not a crime committed by violent dangerous criminals, but one committed by sensitive men who have just been confused about consent by our culture.

"confused about consent by our culture" ?

What's so confusing about the word

"No"

?
[+] 4 users Like Mathilda's post
14-08-2014, 10:04 AM
oops... double post

[Image: dog-shaking.gif]
14-08-2014, 10:13 AM
Well, there's a long thread going on right now over in the Politics forum (the "No wing" thread) in which it is basically claimed that if parents would only stop spanking their kids, we would no longer need government.

Aside from that, on several of the Christian forums, there are people arguing in favor of geocentrism -- the earth is absolutely stationary, doesn't go around the sun, doesn't even rotate, and is the center, not only of the solar system, but of the entire universe! These people appear to be serious.
[+] 2 users Like Grasshopper's post
14-08-2014, 11:03 AM
(14-08-2014 10:04 AM)Mathilda Wrote:  
(14-08-2014 09:59 AM)Res Publica Wrote:  The idea that rape is not a crime committed by violent dangerous criminals, but one committed by sensitive men who have just been confused about consent by our culture.

"confused about consent by our culture" ?

What's so confusing about the word

"No"

?

His poi nt is that "sensitive men" aren't confused by that.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like Chas's post