Crazy Conspiracy Theories that Turned Out to be True!?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
25-11-2012, 07:01 PM
Crazy Conspiracy Theories that Turned Out to be True!?
I came across a pretty good article that covers a list of thirty-three conspiracies that were nuts, but nevertheless happened, or so the article claims. Do you agree? Which conspiracies would you discount? http://www.riseearth.com/2012/09/33-cons....html#more

*Caution*
Long Read

Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
25-11-2012, 08:11 PM
RE: Crazy Conspiracy Theories that Turned Out to be True!?
I glossed over the article, and saved it to read properly when I am able to. Some of these accusations I'm aware of, and won’t mind digging a bit deeper on.

The only comment I feel I can make, which is a bit off in a tangent, is that it only took 22 billions dollars, current value, to invite nuclear weapons.
We have plenty of corporations today with disposable profits that could easily match that today, even individuals – I would think dozens of organizations, and governments would be able to invite incredibly new (and possibly devastating) technologies that would reshape the entire world in a short period. I just find it odd.
25-11-2012, 08:18 PM
(25-11-2012 07:01 PM)Dark Light Wrote:  I came across a pretty good article that covers a list of thirty-three conspiracies that were nuts, but nevertheless happened, or so the article claims. Do you agree? Which conspiracies would you discount? http://www.riseearth.com/2012/09/33-cons....html#more

*Caution*
Long Read
How was the Manhattan Project a conspiracy theory?

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
25-11-2012, 08:40 PM (This post was last modified: 25-11-2012 08:43 PM by Dark Light.)
(25-11-2012 08:18 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(25-11-2012 07:01 PM)Dark Light Wrote:  I came across a pretty good article that covers a list of thirty-three conspiracies that were nuts, but nevertheless happened, or so the article claims. Do you agree? Which conspiracies would you discount? http://www.riseearth.com/2012/09/33-cons....html#more

*Caution*
Long Read
I thought that the authors definition of conspiracy was a little on the broad side as well. Certainly there were scientists, most prominently Einstein and the other Nazi scientists who conspired to create a devastating weapon, but I wouldn't fit it into the category of conspiracy theories either. It could also be said that Samuel Colt conspired to create devastating weapons...

25-11-2012, 08:40 PM
(25-11-2012 08:18 PM)Chas Wrote:  

*Caution*
Long Read
I'd agree on that point. The article, as I understood it, settled on the definition of conspiracy as 'a governmental secret agreement to do wrongful things'. To be a theory there needs to be a public accusation.
As the article stated, no one outside the agreement made any accusations.
26-11-2012, 09:19 AM
New World Order and the Illuminati? Really? Drinking Beverage

[Image: IcJnQOT.gif]
26-11-2012, 09:40 AM
There are people on this planet that hold wealth and power that none of us can imagine or emapthise with.

The truth is nobody knows.... none of us ever will.... however it boosts our ego and our mode of reality to call something "ridiculous" because it doesnt fall into our little bubble of life experience.

(Something that I am of course guilty of as well)

[Image: 291834_411739615564178_1223623089_n.jpg]

You're never going to say the things you want to say.
The things you want to change will usually stay that way
The promises you break outweigh the ones you keep.
Paint upon the wall for the hundredth time.

Jesus Jones
26-11-2012, 09:49 AM
0:26 Smile

"E se non passa la tristezza con altri occhi la guarderò."
[+] 3 users Like Vera's post
27-11-2012, 03:20 PM
I had heard about "Operation Northwoods" for years. So...when I learned that this was a seriously-proposed operation (by the United States Joint Chiefs of Staff) and not some wild-arsed conspiracy theory, then I damned-near had a heart attack. If President Kennedy would have hung the Joint Chiefs by their balls for even proposing such a thing - which he should have done - then we could dismiss most conspiracy theories pretty easy today. Also, our government would have been less apt to indulge in such BS in the future. Instead, Kennedy just ignored the proposal and two years later we get the Gulf Of Tonkin Conspiracy in 1964 which propelled us into the Vietnam War where shitloads of people died needlessly - they died for a lie.

Go figure.

Northwoods:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Operation_Northwoods

Tonkin:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gulf_of_Tonkin_incident
16-01-2013, 02:07 AM
The CIA assassinated Kennedy, Martin Luther King Jr. and a lot of other people?

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Conspiracy theories that have come true. Metazoa Zeke 20 403 30-06-2014 12:58 PM
Last Post: dancefortwo
  Church conspiracy theories. BlackMason 4 150 04-05-2014 11:44 AM
Last Post: BlackMason
  All of you think I'm crazy already... lol so I'll fuel the fire. kingschosen 270 4,851 01-05-2014 02:35 PM
Last Post: WitchSabrina
  MH 370 Conspiracy Theories Carlo_The_Bugsmasher_Driver 9 584 24-04-2014 11:26 PM
Last Post: Drunkin Druid
  Blood Moon tonight, and a crazy xtian War Horse 36 734 21-04-2014 05:16 PM
Last Post: Lienda Bella
  Found a bat shit crazy conspiracy theory website ... TheLogicalAthiest 6 251 24-03-2014 04:38 PM
Last Post: Chas
  What's the craziest conspiracy theory you can come up with? Tartarus Sauce 85 2,680 17-03-2014 10:28 AM
Last Post: Just Another Atheist